Virginia game thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia game thread

21 points? G could have taken all half court shots every possession and we'd have more points than that.

I hate Virginia. They are the new PITT. F them. I can't stand their showboating.
What's the future of uva?

When parrantes, brogdon, and whoever else leave this year, are there new guys they can plug in and stay at the top?

They seem to me like a team that hit on the perfect mix of players for a couple years, but I don't know if it can keep rolling.

Looks like it hit Midnight on our Cinderella run. Otto will now turn back into a pumpkin.

CelwfEsXEAIK3MY.jpg

We need a tremendous second half to win this. First should have been closer. Some calls going to the basket would have been nce.

Gut check at the half. We were up early yet didn't capitalize when UVA was cold. Need to trap a bunch more, create some extra possessions. Credit to Virginia for shooting the lights out. But I think we can still chip away. Just play as aggressive as possible and expend all the energy you've got left.

LGO.

Mali and G combined hit 11 3's in Charlottesville this year...neither has been even close today.

Orangemen said:
It's 3 things.

Parrantes is on fire.

Uva is fighting hard we are not.

We're not getting calls.

I think I know what billy packer would have already said, unfortunately.

We've had our chances. Not getting calls, but we just aren't scoring...again. The difference really is the 3s they are hitting.

When parrantes, brogdon, and whoever else leave this year, are there new guys they can plug in and stay at the top?

They seem to me like a team that hit on the perfect mix of players for a couple years, but I don't know if it can keep rolling.

I'm more worried about us without G next year.

Dude shoots 48% from three. But... we want them to shoot threes right? Brutal.

In a game where scoring is hard to come by, 3s are huge.

"We just need to make shots". You need to GET shots. We are not running anything to get shots. What is the coaching philosophy here? UVA is good but wow.
Its wierd. Our guys knew exactly where Potts was everytime and were on him as soon as he got the ball. They were coached to do that. Why aren't we doing the same to Parrentes?

Gut check at the half. We were up early yet didn't capitalize when UVA was cold. Need to trap a bunch more, create some extra possessions. Credit to Virginia for shooting the lights out. But I think we can still chip away. Just play as aggressive as possible and expend all the energy you've got left.

LGO.
UVA is probably the hardest team in the country to comeback against....being down 8 at half would be tough, let alone 14

UVA is an excellent defensive team. Offensively they're ok. We're making them look much better than they are by letting Perrantes shoot uncontested 3s. The guy has been killing us for three years now and we still can't figure out that he has to be covered.

Yeah, Roberson is battling, but usually 1 vs. 3 for those offensive rebounds. He's the only one putting in good work I guess, and got a few points early.

G had a chance at a couple 50/50 balls down the stretch in the first half that he didn't get. If the offense is struggling, gotta have those.

Lydon/Mali gotta step up to open things up for G I guess.

Cooney, eh, UVA plays good defense, not a great match-up for him. He needs the other guys to be playing well to open stuff up for him.

UVA got to foul a lot early with no calls. That helped them take control. Second half of the first half we seemed pretty lackadaisical all around.

They have a defensive based system that allows them to plug in non-elite players and be consistently good. They're another Pitt or Wisconsin.

What do you think JB is going to say during half time? We need to start scoring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom