Virginia game thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia game thread

This is basically the result of the game in Charlottesville if we didn't make 13 threes. I'm not sure if we have any solution for UVA. It's just a horrendous matchup for us. We may beat them every third or forth year we play as long as Bennett is their coach.

They've only been to the Dome once, and that came in our worst season in a decade.

We'll have a more typical Syracuse team in terms of balance, size, athleticism next year and I can assume we'll get them in the Dome finally. I say we beat them next year.

jdubs30 said:
It's not the refs and it's not fatigue. They are better than us and they are playing about 1000x beter than us today. That's not a good combination

...and we are shooting 31%...again.

Come on, get a nice little early run to start the half. Put some pressure in them. Trap and or press!

I would not press until we were close and there was 5 minutes left. These guys are just exhausted.

We said the same thing about Pitt for years. They were going to suck after Greer left, then Knight, then Troutman, Blair, etc...
No one said they're going to suck. I just don't think they'll be perennial 1/2 seeds without those three guys ... the core of this team.

Not to mention, the Hoos are on fire... maybe they dont hold that fire in 2nd half...and maybe we get some of their type of shots.

They are one of if not the most efficient offenses in the country. This is what they do.

Not to mention, the Hoos are on fire... maybe they dont hold that fire in 2nd half...and maybe we get some of their type of shots.
One person is on fire for them and they are destroying us. Brogdon has been as quiet as can be and it hasn't mattered

Well, we know G has it in him to get hot - he likes to will us back into games.

Mali is capable.

Let's go into Roberson and let him go to work - he's earned it! I would play Howard with G slightly more since UVA tends to guard TC too easily...Tell them to guard Perrantes a little!

And maybe Cooney gets hot! Here's hoping everyone does!

LGO!!

This is just my frustration talking and I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but Mal is 4-26 from the field in the past 2.5 games. That is a joke.

Opposing coaches know they have to take away his open looks. And we haven't adjusted offensively to change things for Mal. He catches on the perimeter, isn't quick enough on the trigger, and then thinks he's got to make an overly-ambitious drive when his pump fake doesn't work.

Come on, get a nice little early run to start the half. Put some pressure in them. Trap and or press!
This. Have to up the tempo. Tough thing is G and Roberson saddled with two fouls.

Am I the only one who thinks we run TOO much pick and roll ? It plays right into UVA's hands. Let one guy defend two players.

Nope. I've mentioned it many times. Need to adjust.

UVA is the new pitt..

Luckily Bennett has nicer hair than Dixon did

My theory - JB became infatuated with pick and roll offense during his time with USA Basketball. The D'Antoni effect...
While it may be incorrect, I think allot of our half court offensive woes can be traced to around the time JB was exposed to this...
My opinion and I'm sticking to it...

Well at least Cooney got in the obligatory missed layup

We need to not look at the scoreboard and just get our game going. The refs have made it tough so far. Need a magical JB adjustment. We were down double digits to Gonzaga, too.

Dumbest announcer comment ever: "it's possible Syracuse needs to do more of that, driving to the rim."

We've been doing it all game and not getting any calls!

Why in a game they are up 15 are they wasting time rolling ball up? I mean I'm fine with it but weird.

Hey, the refs are calling the game our way!!!! Maybe we have a chance!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom