Virginia Game Thread... | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

hate to whine but everyone's hving a career night against us - I cannot default most of their shots this is amazing for them!

Not talking about their 3's being wide open. Talking about how Battle has been hacked and checked all night and doesn't get jack for whistles. Read the post.
Yeah, my point was the officiating wasn’t all that bad, and it’s so far from the difference in this game, that’s it’s not even worth complaining about.

Now the UNC game, is a different story.

Yea... gonna go pour some bleach in my eyes.

Debating going to the game @ Clemson... I’m so torn. I have no clue if I have any faith in this team.

You get to see an Orange team win either way. :)

No doubt UVA shot the lights out tonight and that was very impressive. But I think SU made them look even better than they really are. They have minimal low post scoring presence. Get a couple of quick guards to get in their grill and then we'll see what Guy and Jerome can do. That's what Duke did in Charlottesville and they locked em up.

this is probably the biggest beatdown ive ever seen in a half against syracuse. not only dont we belong on the same court as them, we dont belong in the same league. this 2nd half is like a college team against high school kids.

Lost in all this zone bashing. We have 12 points in the 2nd half.
Yup, the blowout started when we sat 2 of our 3 best offensive players at once (Battle/Hughes).

Buddy, Howard, OB, Marek, Chuck. How in the frick frack do you expect to score ?

At some point when your down 20 with 10 or less to go, do we think about putting our 5 best offensive players on the court at 1 time? Buddy, Howard, Battle, Hughes, Marek? I mean, there is no need to rebound if they make all their shots. Hope for turnovers and fouls (on them).

Obviously it’s not just him, but as terribly as he’s played, maybe we would have been better off if they kicked oshea out in the first half like they should have.

18-24! But remember that man bun guy used to have?

Sooooo... What would it take to get Mark Few?

No doubt UVA shot the lights out tonight and that was very impressive. But I think SU made them look even better than they really are. They have minimal low post scoring presence. Get a couple of quick guards to get in their grill and then we'll see what Guy and Jerome can do. That's what Duke did in Charlottesville and they locked em up.

Yup...but we can only dream about that unfortunately

Give UVA credit.
Their range is unlimited.
And they've hit 3's whether they've been open or covered.
It's one of those nights...amazing half for them.
Their defense has been excellent as well.

hate to whine but everyone's hving a career night against us - I cannot default most of their shots this is amazing for them!
hmmmm..."career nights" seem to happen a lot...braxton beverly just had one too...

the zone plays right into UVA's hands...they have no inside game...just means their shooters dont have someone in their grill and can catch and shoot...their bread and butter.

Agreed. Face guard Guy and Jerome. Put a good defender on Hunter and help on him if he drives.

Don’t guard the other guys outside of 5 feet, and take your chances.

75% at the arc, when most teams can't hit that shooting layups.

Pay attention to UVA.

This is what a team that actually has a chance to make noise in the NCAA tournament looks like.

IMO they are very similar to their other recent teams who have flamed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom