Virginia game | Syracusefan.com

Virginia game

CuseMan4

Starter
First off this game is huge. If we win against Virginia all of the sudden we have a track to the NCAA tourney, if we take care of GT twice, Clemson, and Pitt. Try to steal one from Louisville or Duke who we have 3 games against.

Lastly should be the biggest crowd Saturday. Virginia is highly ranked, we are playing some our best basketball and coach goes for his 1000th win. Would expect 30,000-32,000.

Last edited:
coach hoes
That would finally explain the hat...

jb-jpg.58746

Beating UVA will be a taaaallll order. But who knows? Remember our D is actually credible in the dome. Need 9 assists from JG and for Robey and Battle to re-engage. Also need TT to get an emergency head-from-rearend-ectomy.

If we win this game then I have no doubt that we will make the tourney. That would mean without a doubt we've turned the corner. This is our toughest game remaining.

Probably need to beat one of UVa, Louisville, or Duke at home to position us for NCAA.

But unlike a month ago, when the prospect of defeating any of those teams seemed ludicrous, I actually believe that we could beat any or all of them any given night.

Games in order of most likely to win:

Home Duke
Home Louisville
Home Virginia
Away Louisville

Huge game Saturday. I think we're going to get a great, enthusiastic crowd that has been itching for a reason to go nuts all season long. Should be a lot of fun and I would think the team has a new sense of confidence too after two big wins like that in a row.

The game Saturday is all gravy. We need to beat Clemson and Pitt (both road games) next week. If we get UVA then so be it. More important we get the road wins. Our RPI is 84 as of this morning.

And there isnt going to be 32,000 there Saturday. Id be surprised if we get 27,500

It all depends of play of Howard.if he doesn't play we have a chance

Ha. Yeah, he is an immediate turnover or bad play. I think we have a better shot against UVA than Louisville. Louisville has too much size and skill. They will wear us out. Don Pitino ain't Hamilton or Gottfried.

Last edited:
The game Saturday is all gravy. We need to beat Clemson and Pitt (both road games) next week. If we get UVA then so be it. More important we get the road wins. Our RPI is 84 as of this morning.

And there isnt going to be 32,000 there Saturday. Id be surprised if we get 27,500
I think UVA is very important, and I think we see 28,500. If we beat UVA, we can split next week and be fine.

I think UVA is very important, and I think we see 28,500. If we beat UVA, we can split next week and be fine.
oh its important but not a must win. Like I said gravy assuming we can win the two games next week.

No one doubts a win over UVA would be a huge boost to the resume. The question is how much of a "must-have" is it? The win last night takes a little of that pressure off.

Still an uphill climb overall.

Marsh I love your confidence but our head is nowhere near above water yet. Nothing is gravy. Virginia really has to be a win.

London perrantes back for his 15 year at UVA.
Please! Stop making with the Alternative Facts! It's only his 10th year. ;)

We are not in any position to take any game for granted, especially on the road, especially with the way this season has played out to this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom