Virginia Game... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game...

A mark of an inconsistent team. And Notre Dame can bring us down to earth next week. The way they collapsed to Duke tells me they will be hyper focused
They have UNC tomorrow, I think. So they might be on a 2-game skid heading into next week's game.

They have UNC tomorrow, I think. So they might be on a 2-game skid heading into next week's game.

UNC vs ND is an interesting game. ND needs to dominate faceoffs as I think UNC is the better team.

Agreed, I'd like to see some fresh blood out there. Like Ferris getting some run but hes an attackmen. Would like to see him run some attack and bump Seebold back to middie for a few runs. Berkman should get some runs at attack to. To bad Birtwistle and Tenaglia were hurt, they could have made an impact
Exactly. This is why I take a step back regarding Cook. Yes, I expected better stats for him on the second line, but he’s not a midfielder. And to think we started the season with Hiltz on the second line.

We did it boys! After a couple truly dark weeks and a dark stretch for both men’s and women’s bball and lax, it is nice to win one no matter how you do it. Gotta love Phaup bouncing back after such a rough patch. It was so fun to watch him do what we know he can, and what he often did under the old rules. And even with the face offs the fact we held what has been a high powered offense recently to 11 goals without Depietro, Aviles, and Dami is just crazy. What an effort! Playoff bound!

Syracuse is at its best with ball movement on offense. The two halves tell two different tales - ball movement in the first half resulted in 7 goals, the last five assisted by 5 different players. The second half offense went to more of the previous three games - draw the short stick behind the cage and isolate or attempt to run a two man game with a big little pick- either way the ball movement stalls allowing the opposing defense to recover. Owen Seebold is a better fit in this offense with his ability to dodge, draw a double and move the ball for the open shot or create his own shot should the defense be slow to slide. In my opinion, Scanlan and Hiltz occupy the same role, with Hiltz and Rehfuss occupying the same side of the field; Seebold at attack gives the team a right handed playmaker comfortable playing from behind the cage and dodging with his head up, which frees up our shooters on both the inside cuts and the outside rips.

Good on Seebold he really took this opportunity and showed up!

it really must have taken a lot of mental strength for Phaup to turn it around as well, mental toughness on display!

The Coaching staff and team did a great job! On to Dame for the revenge tour!

Nice to get the win, but pretty worrisome that Phaup goes like 99% and we only win by a pair. What happens when he goes back to his mortal self next week?

Nice to get the win, but pretty worrisome that Phaup goes like 99% and we only win by a pair. What happens when he goes back to his mortal self next week?
Well the main reason it’s less worrisome is that UVA has looked like an elite team down the stretch. They beat ND and UNC who humiliated us. It’s a bounce back in a big way based on that alone. Then you add we were missing three key defenders and a starting attack for the first time. Any win no matter how it goes down is a major bounce back given the circumstances.

Also thought Horan quietly had a very nice game. Small got torched a couple of times though.

Agreed on Horan, second start was better. What helped SU is that UVA is a more of an ISO 1 on 1 type of team versus a ND and UNC which loves to move the ball all around. Su matches up better with ISO teams, seen the 2nd half of the Duke game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom