Virginia Gameday... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Gameday...

Yes, I think they've been pretty good. Hottle can look overmatched against bigger players, but his footwork is so good, he holds his own more often than not. It's frustrating he's not six inches taller, I feel like he would be the prototypical SSDM. He got matched up against Shellenberger behind the net, which led to an almost comical slide and easy goal for Will Cory, but that can happen to the majority of short sticks out there. LeVine has the size, but is a little slow footed. Overall he's been pretty good. I haven't noticed Spallina much but he's not getting embarrassed out there.

Rice has been the key though, he's been so good this year. He doesn't get beat, he can dislodge the ball, and he can fly up the field on clears. The only thing missing his game is goals and assists, but I'd rather have a SSDM who can shut down opposing midfielders. He's done that. If you had to give out an Most Improved Player award this year, he'd win it running away.
I agree a DMs number 1 job is to play solid defense. Usually the only guys who get recognized are the two way guys who score goals. I love a shorty who can push transitions and score but only if he's a great defender first. Good to see Rice getting recognition for playing outstanding defense. That should be number 1 when it comes to SSDM AA's not who scores the most goals.

I was surprised to see some negative posts directed at UVA after the game.
i saw several late high cheap shots by UVA's defense after goals scored on su attack men
actually put them on the ground after the whistle. would have liked to have returned the favor in kind on their guys a few times. especially at home in front of a huge crowd . instead we get whistled for some idiot sliding into dwan's shoulder. cest la vie. sucks to be virginia !

Last edited:
i saw several late high cheap shots by UVA's defense after goals scored on su attack men
actually put them on the ground after the whistle. would have liked to have returned the favor in kind on their guys a few times. especially at home in front of a huge crowd . instead we get whistled for some idiot sliding into dwan's shoulder. cest la vie. sucks to be virginia !
you are correct as if ya look at mules one goal clearly after way after play defender blatantly pushed him down. Think joey saw it was asking for flag and that did happen many times.

at least we know you're not an official.

Watched the replay over the last couple days and man, I am glad I did not watch it on TV. Jay Alter...not a fan. Somehow messes up the name of the #1 recruit in the country who is also the son of a legend in the game. Kept calling Millon "Milton". Aside from not knowing the name Millon, or taking the time to get a prominent young players name right, where do you see a T in his name bro?? Started referring to our man up unit as "the best unit in the country" just based on the fact that we have scored the most man up goals. But we are like 20th in percentage this year! Last year they were called that because they actually had one of the highest percentages along with the boatload of goals. There were plenty of other odd commentary moments from him. We have to find a way to get Eamon McAnaney back.

I didn't read the whole thread (sorry).

I watched the UVA coach's post game interview.
What a great guy.
Very impressive.

If not for Gary Gait, he would be one of the top candidates for the SU head coaching position.

Watched the replay over the last couple days and man, I am glad I did not watch it on TV. Jay Alter...not a fan. Somehow messes up the name of the #1 recruit in the country who is also the son of a legend in the game. Kept calling Millon "Milton". Aside from not knowing the name Millon, or taking the time to get a prominent young players name right, where do you see a T in his name bro?? Started referring to our man up unit as "the best unit in the country" just based on the fact that we have scored the most man up goals. But we are like 20th in percentage this year! Last year they were called that because they actually had one of the highest percentages along with the boatload of goals. There were plenty of other odd commentary moments from him. We have to find a way to get Eamon McAnaney back.

Dude was great, "hands free!" :)

Remember -- Syracuse is the forever target. That they're upping the volume means We're Back!

395.gif

Rewatched a lot of the game last night. Anyone else notice that the Mt. St. Mary’s transfer Schmidt took a shift at LSM in the 4th? Also Olexo wasn’t out there on the last Virginia possession. Just something I thought was interesting. Hoping Saam isn’t Hurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom