Virginia Pregame Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Pregame Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Virginia
Sunday, March 5, 2017 | 12:00 pm
ACCNX

You can watch online on ACC Network Extra through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

C6HDN9wWYAEKEzf.jpg

Last edited:
I watched the last 1.5 quarters of Penn/UVa and Penn was playing a zone on defense. I wonder if we see Cuse implement something similar. Penn is far more familiar with Lars and his offensive style than Cuse is

Matthew Gutierrez‏ @MatthewGut21
Spoke with Virginia men's lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany today. First-year man is native of nearby LaFayette (Onondaga County)

Tiffany on UVA's No. 4 offense: Our energy, we're flying up and down the field. We've been at full speed.

Tiffany: Our defense is still a work in progress. We've got to be tighter with our matchups, recognize slides better.

On freshman M Dox Aitken who leads UVA w/16 goals: He has emerged. The lights have come on. He is not a secret anymore, that's for sure.

On Syracuse offense: I see a plethora of options. Guys still trying to find what's the right rotation, right lineup. A lot of weapons.

Tiffany said senior attack Joe French is his most improved player. He's up to 8 goals in 5 games, had 7 all of last year.

Last time Tiffany in Carrier Dome? 1990 NCAA tournament, as a player.

Last thing: UVA HC Lars Tiffany grew up listening to SU hoops on radio. Attended games in Manley Field House and "bled Orange."

Great news, just hope were not rushing him back. With the med redshirt still an option need to be careful. That being said would be great to get him back in the fold

Interesting read on Tiffany's philosophy of not recruiting HS Freshman. Also interesting that Duke & ND have yet to have an "announced" 2020 verbal. I use the term "announced" because it's been rumored that each of these 3 programs ask recruits to verbal silently & then hold off going public in order to maintain this perception.

Why Virginia Coach Lars Tiffany Won't Recruit Freshmen | US Lacrosse Magazine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom