Virginia @ Virginia Tech | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia @ Virginia Tech

mayselc said:
How did he get free throws if the elbow was first?

Foul was called on the touch

Lol.. doubtful UVA is mentioned as bailed by the refs even once... despite the last 5 mins it was "dont let SU get a 2 game lead time"

My brother went to law school at UVa and has followed them since the Sampson era. That school in nearly every sport that wasn't coached by Bruce Arena chokes in EVERY huge situation. As a lifelong SU fan I of course worry of losing; the ACC, MSG, #1 seed but keep harkening back to my brothers advice.

Orangezoo said:
Lol.. doubtful UVA is mentioned as bailed by the refs even once... despite the last 5 mins it was "dont let SU get a 2 game lead time"

Yup. Not just fouls either. There were 2 or 3 out of bounds calls that could have gone either way that went to virginia.

ok, let's hear it "hoo" (whatever the he11 that is) posters - tell us how that was actually a good, solid win

If Karl Hess works our game at Cameron, prepare for theatrics without end.

I think coaches should have a certain number of referee challenges where he can say, "nope, that moron is not working my game." Twice a year, he gets to send in the alternate.

"I love this rule. I'm excited to be a part of it."

ok, let's hear it "hoo" (whatever the he11 that is) posters - tell us how that was actually a good, solid win

We put ourselves in a hole and had to come from behind again on the road. We did. Like the old VW ads used to say, "It's ugly, but it get you there."

Your team has looked laughable the last two games.
That was a killer zone they had to deal with tonight, huh?

So wait, are the goal posts moving now?

I don't know what that means. I haven't said one thing about Syracuse's close wins. Good teams find a way to win, especially on the road. VT played very well tonight and we played pretty poorly. Joe Harris was a complete no show and we still won. Sometimes, you just have those games. Rivalry games on the road are tough, no matter who the opponent.

Your team has looked laughable the last two games.
That was a killer zone they had to deal with tonight, huh?

No. It was a YMCA zone (I think the phrase is). But it was the first one we've face all year used for a significant amount of time. I'm sure your coaching staff will review the plan we used to attack it.

So this is Virginia's best team of the last 20 years? Ha.

Tech jumps to #2 in the prestigious "ACC Power Rankings" after holding #1 ranked VAGinia to grand total of 21 points in the first half and almost knocking off the mighty Cavaliers.

jhmoss1812 said:
I don't know what that means. I haven't said one thing about Syracuse's close wins. Good teams find a way to win, especially on the road. VT played very well tonight and we played pretty poorly. Joe Harris was a complete no show and we still won. Sometimes, you just have those games. Rivalry games on the road are tough, no matter who the opponent.

VT played very well tonite????? They are god awful. You needed to hit 3 straight 3's with under 4 minutes left to beat them. You made them, nice job, but don't act like VT played well or brag about winning a close game.

VT played very well tonite????? They are god awful. You needed to hit 3 straight 3's with under 4 minutes left to beat them. You made them, nice job, but don't act like VT played well or brag about winning a close game.

I'm not bragging. That's not what I do. I'm just happy with the win. Just like I'm sure you were happy to beat NCSU.

jhmoss1812 said:
I'm not bragging. That's not what I do. I'm just happy with the win. Just like I'm sure you were happy to beat NCSU.

Fair enough!

No. It was a YMCA zone (I think the phrase is). But it was the first one we've face all year used for a significant amount of time. I'm sure your coaching staff will review the plan we used to attack it.
I doubt we even bother. Good luck trying to attack our zone like that. Laughable.

All true but people brag about close wins against inferior opponents a LOT on this board.

SoBeCuse said:
All true but people brag about close wins against inferior opponents a LOT on this board.

Yes but va tech is severely inferior. I think tj warren could beat va techs starting 5 by himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom