Virginia @ Virginia Tech | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia @ Virginia Tech

Yes but va tech is severely inferior. I think tj warren could beat va techs starting 5 by himself.

Va Tech is really awful. Anyone have the lines; I think the two games lines were probably pretty close.

Amazing that Tech beat WVU. Might cost them a bid

I'm not bragging. That's not what I do. I'm just happy with the win. Just like I'm sure you were happy to beat NCSU.

I was not so much happy as I was relieved.

Hey now it seems these hoo fans have thick skin. No need to police a little chop busting. What fun is it if we are gonna hold hands and sing kumbaya. Looking forward to breaking some hearts in charlottesville come march.

No, you sounded like a 14 year old.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and different tastes in humor. In other words, I'm not going to argue what you or others may find funny or not. Cheers :)

FWIW to all the people complaining about "rock fights", lack of offense, whatever, this was only UVA's 3rd win when scoring under 60 points all year.

It's very easy to disparage teams based on low scoring games. Heck, the Big 10 jabs have been going on for years. But we are quickly going down that path with our play as well. Outside of the Duke game, we haven't hit 70 since, well, at VPI.

FWIW to all the people complaining about "rock fights", lack of offense, whatever, this was only UVA's 3rd win when scoring under 60 points all year.

It's very easy to disparage teams based on low scoring games. Heck, the Big 10 jabs have been going on for years. But we are quickly going down that path with our play as well. Outside of the Duke game, we haven't hit 70 since, well, at VPI.

Oh sure, go get all sensible. What the hell kind of place are you trying to turn this into?

there are two ways to get low scores: a slow pace, or a rock fight. A rock fight is when both teams struggle to execute offensively.

A slow pace, however, can have very efficient offensive sets and the total points are low because of the low number of possessions. Syracuse, for example, plays at one of the slowest paces in the nation - 345th out of 351 schools, but we have the 8th most efficient offense, getting 118.5 points per 100 possessions (the D1 average is about 104).

Virginia also plays at a slow pace - 341st. Their offense is efficient as well, 111.4 points per 100, ranked 53rd.

I would expect our matchup to be low scoring, but not a rock fight.

there are two ways to get low scores: a slow pace, or a rock fight. A rock fight is when both teams struggle to execute offensively.

A slow pace, however, can have very efficient offensive sets and the total points are low because of the low number of possessions. Syracuse, for example, plays at one of the slowest paces in the nation - 345th out of 351 schools, but we have the 8th most efficient offense, getting 118.5 points per 100 possessions (the D1 average is about 104).

Virginia also plays at a slow pace - 341st. Their offense is efficient as well, 111.4 points per 100, ranked 53rd.

Statistics aside, rock fight is used broadly to describe low scoring teams, hence the inclusion of "whatever". I agree, though, and my larger point is that low scoring teams should not be categorically derided, dismissed, or disparaged. If I was a coach, I would be far more scared of the opposing team that could control the pace as opposed to one that played up tempo. I'd think there would be a lot more holes to explore in the latter.

So when SU wins a close game against an inferior opponent that means they're great? But when Virginia does it they stink.

Interesting logic from a few posters on this message board. ;)

Because UVA "won"by only 4 points this was clearly a loss for them. That's the way it works now, right? Only blow outs are true wins...according to the media. At least it seems to work that way for Syracuse.

So when SU wins a close game against an inferior opponent that means they're great? But when Virginia does it they stink.

Interesting logic from a few posters on this message board. ;)
Huh?
We played like crap against a decent NCst team and eked out a win and heard holy he11 for it from all corners (especially "hoo" fans coming on this board)… they (uva) played like crap against a terrible VaTech and eked out a win so now they're gonna hear about it. :noidea:

Last edited:

through 15 minutes, this thing is a true rock fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom