Virginia | Syracusefan.com

Virginia

NKR1978

Living Legend
1. They HATE us. Their board is just insanely angry about us in general. But it seems like a healthy fun kind of hate so it's good.

2. I can't get that awful Train song out of my head but it is with the insanely clever lyrics of "Beat Virginia, I can't wait to beat Virginia." I'm positive I'm the first person in the world to think that up since the song came out in 1998. So I'm going to give myself a well earned pat on the back.

But seriously, can't believe I'm this hyped for Virginia. Can't wait to beat them and put ourselves in the driver's seat for our first of many ACC championships.

Last edited:
Which board? Their rivals board you have to pay to see their posts

Miami has been playing better of late. Hopefully they look forward to us on Saturday. Would love to see them pick Virginia off, and for all the talk about our close games, Virginia has had a ton as well.

I would rather play them off a win, they are due for a loss, wouldn't want to see that happen before we played them.

1. They HAYE us. Their board is just insanely angry about us in general. But it seems like a healthy fun kind of hate so it's good.

2. I can't get that awful Train song out of my head but it is with the insanely clever lyrics of "Beat Virginia, I can't wait to beat Virginia." I'm positive I'm the first person in the world to think that up since the song came out in 1998. So I'm going to give myself a well earned pat on the back.

But seriously, can't believe I'm this hyped for Virginia. Can't wait to beat them and put ourselves in the driver's seat for our first of many ACC championships.
rofl the lyric is "Meet Virginia"

yeah I went over there once but pretty much got a migraine trying to look at anything and haven't gone back. one of the worst websites I've ever seen

It seems like from the first Duke game until now we have been in some alternate reality or a sort of purgatory , maybe a hyperdimension, I don't know. But , now I sense we are past that and can focus fully on crushing the Wahoo's dream's of ACC dominance by giving them our "A" game.

RF2044 said:
Ugh... what an awful song.

I'd managed to repress that memory, until now.

You're welcome!

Miami has been playing better of late. Hopefully they look forward to us on Saturday...

We certainly could lose, but if we do it will be because Miami plays well and earns a win, not because we overlooked them. Bennett's done a remarkable job getting this team focused on a process-oriented approach, taking each game one at a time. The players are always talking about it when reporters try to ask them to look ahead in post-game interviews, so they seem to have bought in.

...Would love to see them pick Virginia off, and for all the talk about our close games, Virginia has had a ton as well.

If we arbitrarily define a close game as one decided by 5 points or less, we've had 4 in conference play to your 7 (8 if you want to count Duke, which everyone knows was closer than the final 6-point margin). So not quite as many, but yeah, we've had some tough games too. Yours are also getting more talk because of your previous unbeaten streak and because you've lost two of them.

Should be a good game on Saturday. I see some UVA fans predicting a 10+ point win because we play so well at home and because Cuse hasn't been the same lately, but while those things are both true, I think this has the makings of another hard-fought game. Final scores will be somewhere in the high 50's, maybe low 60's, and the margin won't be any more than 5-6 points, probably less than that. Looking forward to it, hope Grant is healthy enough to play.

Last edited:
Miami has been playing better of late. Hopefully they look forward to us on Saturday. Would love to see them pick Virginia off, and for all the talk about our close games, Virginia has had a ton as well.

Just wanted to correct the above about close games. We've had a couple recently (one surprisingly @VT), but over the course of the conference season we actually haven't had that many. One thing many don't recognize is that for the most part we've been winning big. I believe the below table is correct:

Wins Cuse UVa
by single dig 7 4
by >=15 1 7
by >11 4 9
by one pos. 4 1
Average MOV 7.69 14.14

Half of our 14 conference wins have been by 15 or more. People can talk about unbalanced schedules all they want (works both ways - I think Duke and Pitt got breaks not having to visit Charlottesville for example), but saying we've had a ton of close games isn't correct. That can be good or bad - you guys have proven time and again you can make the plays needed to win a tight game down the stretch and that's very valuable.

Not here to flame or anything as I expect a tough, close game Saturday, but just wanted to provide a little insight into the season we've been having for those that maybe haven't been paying close attention.

If we arbitrarily define a close game as one decided by 5 points or less, we've had 4 in conference play to your 7 (8 if you want to count Duke, which everyone knows was closer than the final 6-point margin). So not quite as many, but yeah, we've had some tough games too. Yours are also getting more talk because of your previous unbeaten streak and because you've lost two of them.

Should be a good game on Saturday. I see some UVA fans predicting a 10+ point win because we play so well at home and because Cuse hasn't been the same lately, but while those things are both true, I think this has the makings of another hard-fought game. Final scores will be somewhere in the high 50's, maybe low 60's, and the margin won't be any more than 5-6 points, probably less than that. Looking forward to it, hope Grant is healthy enough to play.

Be careful what you wish for. ESPN doesn't want you to know this but Syracuse is one of the best road teams in the country, year in and year out. Also - there is the fact that one day we will shoot over 45% again. When that happens, angels will sing, but more importantly whoever we are playing will get a beat down.

lol at these uva explainers over here. that team just as easily could have lost to Pitt, Clemson and Vatech as beat them. yeah, just sheer domination. and how about that tennessee game and scoring 38 at home vs Wiscy?

Not to mention, how about you tell us about the teams you will have played twice compared to the teams SU has played x2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom