Virginia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia

doesn't tell the whole story, UVA seems to pull away late after trailing or in tight games while Cuse has been giving away leads and in dog fights down the stretch

While that's been true the last 5 games, in the 9 wins prior to that the games were mostly never close. Across all 9 of those wins, our average lead at halftime was 14 points, and that includes two halftime deficits.

FWIW I've asked the site manager at TheSabre about once a year since around 2003 to consider changing that board format.

Is there not another board that posters could just migrate to? At some point you need to move into the 2000's.

Not to mention, how about you tell us about the teams you will have played twice compared to the teams SU has played x2.

UVA played FSU twice who is better than Pitt. The only difference is Syracuse played Duke twice and split. UVA beat Duke at home last year and would likely beat them at home again this year. The BC loss will cost Syracuse if it can't get it done on Saturday, not the unbalanced schedule.

UVA played FSU twice who is better than Pitt. The only difference is Syracuse played Duke twice and split. UVA beat Duke at home last year and would likely beat them at home again this year. The BC loss will cost Syracuse if it can't get it done on Saturday, not the unbalanced schedule.

FSU is way better than Pitt in football...in basketball not so much.

T
No, actually they're not.

FSU just beat PITT in their so called tough arena - the petting zoo - FSU started losing games when it lost Ian Miller their top scorer. Sorry you don't have a clue about other teams in the ACC

Maryland is also alot better now that Allen is back which the Cuse learned last night. Great win, but MD is a different team now than earlier in the year.

T

FSU just beat PITT in their so called tough arena - the petting zoo - FSU started losing games when it lost Ian Miller their top scorer. Sorry you don't have a clue about other teams in the ACC
Alright, so then Green Bay is better than virginia and Tennessee and Wisconsin are exponentially better. :noidea:

Was Jabari Parker on the team last year?
Oh. Ok.

Will agree with you about the BC loss though.

The attitude on that board is one of a team not used to success. A team blown out by tennessee and looking in bad shape turned it around in conference. Good story but they look like a team ripe to be beat right now. More and more tape on their success brings better game plans and success a bigger target. Cuses frontcourt will be the best the hoos have played all year. Looking forward to the game but laughing at the excess confidence of a fanbase that hasnt seen a season like this in quite a while.

This is UVA's first opportunity to talk smack in hoops since the days of Ralph Sampson (ancient history) so you have to humor their fans a little.

T

These guys talk wheelbarrows full of smack for people whose program has amounted to little more than a greasy spot on a southern highway, but I gotta admit, they are starting to win me over with these shots at Pizzleburger.

INTAHOOCH said:

Fwiw, the cumulative ACC record of our opponents right now is SU 125-138 and UVA 117-148.

While that's been true the last 5 games, in the 9 wins prior to that the games were mostly never close. Across all 9 of those wins, our average lead at halftime was 14 points, and that includes two halftime deficits.
I live in the Richmond area and Virginia is now the flavor of the month around here. The problem is that you guys have basically accomplish nothing in recent years in the NCAA tournament. You have a good team this year, but when you get to the tournament you will meeting other good teams. In fact you may run into a team with skills similar to Tennessee and your ride in the tournament could be a short one.

If I were you I would keep my powder dry and hope that when you get to the tournament your team performs to its capabilities. Humble pie can be hard to digest.

Tiki Barber was even talking smack, being a UVA alum.

This is the only interaction I've ever had with UVa. I think this is also the crescendo of UVa football.

Yup, nothing to see last year in the tournament for sure. Moving on to people who watch basketball ...

This will be a tough matchup, no doubt. Two teams looking like final four contenders at the moment. I don't think of UVA's home court being all that intimidating, their fans are nothing like North Carolina's fan bases (it is the comfort of their northern Virginia upbringings that makes them soft.). 'Cuse plays well on the road and plays EVERYONE close this year and knows how to win close games.

I predict that on Saturday night Wahoo fans will be searching for answers in a close loss to the mighty Orange.

Yup, nothing to see last year in the tournament for sure. Moving on to people who watch basketball ...

This will be a tough matchup, no doubt. Two teams looking like final four contenders at the moment. I don't think of UVA's home court being all that intimidating, their fans are nothing like North Carolina's fan bases (it is the comfort of their northern Virginia upbringings that makes them soft.). 'Cuse plays well on the road and plays EVERYONE close this year and knows how to win close games.

I predict that on Saturday night Wahoo fans will be searching for answers in a close loss to the mighty Orange.

They won't be searching for answers, they'll know it was a bad call that gave us the game.

Mike Brey seems to think we have a decent home court:

"The crowd here is, wow," Brey said. "I don’t know if we’ve played – this may be the loudest place we’ve played. We played at Iowa, played at the Carrier Dome. It’s a fabulous home-court atmosphere."

http://articles.dailypress.com/2014...140223_1_virginia-tech-georgia-tech-cavaliers

We've won 16 straight home conference games, which I believe is second only in conference to Duke. We will be tough to beat at home, and the place will certainly be rocking Saturday night.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the Syracuse program, know there's more history there, and fully expect a game that goes down to the wire this weekend. I'd just like to counter some of the preconceived notions there may be here about our program, home court, season, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom