Visit to the Boneyard...... | Syracusefan.com

Visit to the Boneyard......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Went there to check out both the hoops & pigskin sides.

I was really surpised at how quiet things are there in regards to the state of the BE.

I think the fans there are still in shock by all of the recent developments, none to their favor.

bad hire as football coach, no conference, turmoil at AD and they were left hanging onto a steaming bag of dogsheet because of it. I can only imagine how hard Gross has worked to pull the ACC off. If you were and AD who knew your days were numbered, why would you work to get what you perceive to soon be your ex employer in a better spot? I wouldn't and its human nature. Hathaway probably kicking back laughing hiss ass off behind closed doors, I would be. Not saying Gross will be here forever, he may move to a factory at some point but Gross did his job and did it well, a company man. No such thing is a company man with one foot out the door. I would say there is reason to be concerned for UCONN. Many are realizing that Edsall may have been as good as it gets.

Went there to check out both the hoops & pigskin sides.

I was really surpised at how quiet things are there in regards to the state of the BE.

I think the fans there are still in shock by all of the recent developments, none to their favor.
They have a whole forum for Conference affiliation stuff. It's not on the BB or FB boards.

From what I can tell, UConn has one shot at a BCS conference...if ND decides to join the ACC (unlikely at this time) and decides to take UConn with them (even more unlikely). Outside of that, there's absolutely nothing standing between them and the MAC conference for football.

As for Rutgers, they may have a bit more leverage with the NYC/NJ tv markets. But unless the B10 expands (unlikely), there are few suitors out there looking their direction.

From what I can tell, UConn has one shot at a BCS conference...if ND decides to join the ACC (unlikely at this time) and decides to take UConn with them (even more unlikely). Outside of that, there's absolutely nothing standing between them and the MAC conference for football.

As for Rutgers, they may have a bit more leverage with the NYC/NJ tv markets. But unless the B10 expands (unlikely), there are few suitors out there looking their direction.

Eventually, I think they will both be fine, its just a question of how long they are left twisting in the wind.. hopefully 2-3 years

I'll honestly be a little shocked if UConn gets left out of the whole conference expansion thing. They have great men's and women's basketball programs and a football program that, this season notwithstanding, has been making strides toward respectability. I think they will PROBABLY be fine, as far as the remaining BE schools go. I'd certainly rather have them than Rutgers every day of the week.

If the SEC raids an ACC school for their #14, UConn will be a prime candidate to fill the opening. You better believe they are praying for that in Storrs...it's probably the only way they get invited to the party cause ND isn't coming.

If the SEC raids an ACC school for their #14, UConn will be a prime candidate to fill the opening. You better believe they are praying for that in Storrs...it's probably the only way they get invited to the party cause ND isn't coming.

why is the SEC interested in UCONN?

I meant if the SEC targets an EXISTING ACC school like FSU for it's #14, then that could open a spot for UConn in the ACC.

When all is said and done, whether it is 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years, I'll stick with my opinion that UConn will be in the ACC and Rutgers will be in the B10 (so B10 teams can cherry pick NJ recruits).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom