Class of 2024 - Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23

I wonder what kind of social media pictures we’ll see? Hope they do something totally unique and refreshing.
Yep. If there was EVER a time to do something really special social media-wise, this is it.

Syracuse Official Visitors: Dec. 8-10
A list of class of 2024 players who've announced they're making official visits to meet new Syracuse football head coach Fran Brown. Early national signing day is Dec. 20.

KingJoseph Edwards
DE
Hoschton, GA
Mill Creek

Koy Beasley
S
Cincinnati, OH
LaSalle

Jaylan Hornsby
WR
Atco, NJ
Winslow Township

Yasin Willis
RB
Montvale, NJ
St. Joseph Regional

Marcellus Barnes
CB
Chattanooga, TN
McCallie School

Cole Snyder
QB
Jamestown, NY
Buffalo (Transfer, c/o 2019)

Whit Muschamp
QB
Chattanooga, TN
Baylor School

Josh Philostin
DB
West Palm Beach, FL
Cardinal Newman

Emmanuel Ross
WR
Red Bank, NJ
Red Bank Catholic

That’s turning over half the roster.

Yup. I think we're going to bring in close to a full class of ~25, and we'll see around 10-15 more added via the transfer portal during the course of the off-season.

Brown is undoubtedly going to coax some players on the current roster to move on.

Yup. I think we're going to bring in close to a full class of ~25, and we'll see around 10-15 more added via the transfer portal during the course of the off-season.

Brown is undoubtedly going to coax some players on the current roster to move on.

I don’t personally think the roster needs a complete overhaul and I also see that as risky. I was thinking 25-30.

I don’t recall how many guys walked who have eligibility. Would not surprise me to see guys like Alford and Pena done. I’ve been over the scholarship rundown and roster it’s hard to know/see where the room is going to come from. I could scrap 10/12 guys but two like Barron and Wax I’d want to see stay.

One unknown is where kids stand who were redshirting. Ability and future potential is a question.

Last edited:
I don’t personally think the roster needs a complete overhaul and I also see that as risky. I was thinking 25-30.

I don’t recall how many guys walked who have eligibility. Would not surprise me to see guys like Alford and Pena done. I’ve been over the scholarship rundown and roster it’s hard to know/see where the room is going to come from. I could scrap 10/12 guys but two like Barron and Wax I’d want to see stay.

Curious what CF is going to do with the punter scholarships.

Would assume Marburg is a casualty. Don’t need two punters on ship.

I can't imagine him leaving on his own because he won't get one from another school as so many don't even give them out.

Syracuse Official Visitors: Dec. 8-10
A list of class of 2024 players who've announced they're making official visits to meet new Syracuse football head coach Fran Brown. Early national signing day is Dec. 20.

KingJoseph Edwards
DE
Hoschton, GA
Mill Creek

Koy Beasley
S
Cincinnati, OH
LaSalle

Jaylan Hornsby
WR
Atco, NJ
Winslow Township

Yasin Willis
RB
Montvale, NJ
St. Joseph Regional

Marcellus Barnes
CB
Chattanooga, TN
McCallie School

Cole Snyder
QB
Jamestown, NY
Buffalo (Transfer, c/o 2019)

Whit Muschamp
QB
Chattanooga, TN
Baylor School

Josh Philostin
DB
West Palm Beach, FL
Cardinal Newman

Emmanuel Ross
WR
Red Bank, NJ
Red Bank Catholic
And this is even missing Lesaine and Watson who are also visiting this weekend.

-I think Edwards is a lock to commit this weekend
-Hornsby is a lock to flip this weekend
-Muschamp good chance he flips
-Willis less likely than Muschamp to flip but still a decent chance he flips too
-Jackson Meeks commits this weekend from UGA
-Diggs from A&M will commit this weekend or next
-Beasley, Ross, Philostin and Barnes I do not have a good read on but I think we end up with 2/4. REALLY want Beasley.
-Maraad and Lesaine I think ultimately end up here but they have other visits they might go on still after this weekend

I’m too excited to see who we land this weekend. Let’s go Fran I know you will set the hook on a good amount of these dudes.

One unknown is where kids stand who were redshirting. Ability and future potential is a question.

I don't necessarily view it as a full rebuild, either.

But every open scholarship is an opportunity with the way this staff recruits, and every filled scholarship is an opportunity cost.

Right now, we don't even know who our starting QB will be next year, so risk is irrelevant -- swing for the fences. I also believe that there will be a reasonably high number of players [say, around 10] who self-select out without necessarily getting "the talk." Have to fill those slots.

-Willis less likely than Muschamp to flip but still a decent chance he flips too
-Beasley, Ross, Philostin and Barnes I do not have a good read on but I think we end up with 2/4. REALLY want Beasley.
-Maraad and Lesaine I think ultimately end up here but they have other visits they might go on still after this weekend
Love it. No info, but I'm hopeful on Willis. Pitt stunk this year, but they do have a decent history with RB. Of course, we had that Sean Tucker guy...

If he wants to be close to home, and be on a team with some SEC level coaches? We're it. Fingers crossed.

I don't necessarily view it as a full rebuild, either.

But every open scholarship is an opportunity with the way this staff recruits, and every filled scholarship is an opportunity cost.

Right now, we don't even know who our starting QB will be next year, so risk is irrelevant -- swing for the fences. I also believe that there will be a reasonably high number of players [say, around 10] who self-select out without necessarily getting "the talk." Have to fill those slots.

144% THIS.

He’s clearly not gonna pull a Prime, and nuke the majority of inherited players.

But he’s also going to want to make sure we’ve got the slots for as many of ‘his’ guys (whom the vast majority are 4*) to come in.

He’s going to have “the talk” with a few more current committed croots from Dino, as well as some current players.

The four (so far) guys who “decommitted” all had Cuse as their only P4 offer.
We can - and will - do much better.

At least the players get to keep their scholly and finish out at Cuse if they so choose, or they can try to find a new home via the portal.

Would be just insane. A talent influx this program hasn’t seen in 35 years if so.

Would be just insane. A talent influx this program hasn’t seen in 35 years if so.
Just the first weekend of visits too. We have next weekend and then the whole off season with transfers we’ll lose a decent amount of kids from this years team as any team does with a coaching turnover. But that just means more spots for Fran to work his magic and upgrade the talent

144% THIS.

He’s clearly not gonna pull a Prime, and nuke the majority of inherited players.

But he’s also going to want to make sure we’ve got the slots for as many of ‘his’ guys (whom the vast majority are 4*) to come in.

He’s going to have “the talk” with a few more current committed croots from Dino, as well as some current players.

The four (so far) guys who “decommitted” all had Cuse as their only P4 offer.
We can - and will - do much better.

At least the players get to keep their scholly and finish out at Cuse if they so choose, or they can try to find a new home via the portal.

That's how I see it, too. And to be clear, I like a lot of the players we have, and I'm not trying to push any specific ones out the door -- but here's an example.

We have a DT from Florida who is a sophomore, Balizaire Bassette. To date, he hasn't played much / contributed much. Maybe he can be a good player as an upperclassman, not trying to push him out the door, not singling him out, just listing him to make an example. But if Coach Brown has a 4-star queued up, or some much higher rated transfer candidate... I have to assume that he'd prefer to go that route instead of sticking with the incumbent.

I also agree with PhatO's point above that this doesn't necessarily have to be a full tear down. I think most coaches would approach it that way. But most coaches don't have the recruiting chops that our new staff has, which is why they will probably be more aggressive bringing guys in to elevate the overall talent level.

That's how I see it, too. And to be clear, I like a lot of the players we have, and I'm not trying to push any specific ones out the door -- but here's an example.

We have a DT from Florida who is a sophomore, Balizaire Bassette. To date, he hasn't played much / contributed much. Maybe he can be a good player as an upperclassman, not trying to push him out the door, not singling him out, just listing him to make an example. But if Coach Brown has a 4-star queued up, or some much higher rated transfer candidate... I have to assume that he'd prefer to go that route instead of sticking with the incumbent.

I also agree with PhatO's point above that this doesn't necessarily have to be a full tear down. I think most coaches would approach it that way. But most coaches don't have the recruiting chops that our new staff has, which is why they will probably be more aggressive bringing guys in to elevate the overall talent level.
Agreed. Bassette had some decent offers out of high school too, notably Texas A&M
  • Offers: Cincinnati, Illinois, Iowa State, Pittsburgh, Texas A&M and more

Uhhh first name on this list….

Someone else can go race to make a thread lol

You also have to remember that the kid already on scholly? He's probably best friends with a BUNCH of guys on the team. Start cutting heads, and you're going to have a TON of pissed off players. Its never something to be entered into lightly.

Dang, bet Norvell is not pleased. Although likely a very tough flip.

Holy 5* Batman.

Dang, bet Norvell is not pleased. Although likely a very tough flip.
He was also meeting with Kirby Smart, Hugh Freeze, etc... Pushing kids to commit to FSU, on Twitter. Great we're getting a visit... But yeah, tough tough tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom