VPI/GT | Syracusefan.com

VPI/GT

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
GT scores a TD with :44 on the clock after a long drive they couldn't put together earlier in the game. Sounds familiar. Great game, though. McDonough is great with the call

Couple grand spent on that game-tying field goal.

I'm deflated again. I know we had 6 thousand yards, but I can't believe we couldn't do anything on that last one. Greedy of me, sure.

If that was Denard Robinson from last season, it would've landed in a Michigan receiver's arms.

I also struggle to root for Georgia Tech. Paul Johnson's offense is just so ugly against good defenses.

Already there. Bad mood now.

It's funny, there isn't a single BE team I hate even remotely as much as VT, and we haven't played them for 9 years.

Have I mentioned I'm excited to join the ACC.

It's funny, there isn't a single BE team I hate even remotely as much as VT, and we haven't played them for 9 years.

When I got back from the SU game I watched the 2nd half of BC-Miami. Was so fun to watch those 2. Especially knowing that someone gave us a do-over to this terribly uninteresting conference we've had to endure.

I'm hoping that that alone will bring more people to the dome on a regular basis. Match-ups with teams that we either have a real history with or are known commodities and make the match-up sound exciting.

I don't think Georgia Tech would have been able to kick a FG in OT anyway. I don't think they had any lollipop sticks on the sidelines, which we all know is the only way you can beat VA Tech

I'm hoping that that alone will bring more people to the dome on a regular basis. Match-ups with teams that we either have a real history with or are known commodities and make the match-up sound exciting.

It may help a little bit, but probably not much. To those of us that really care the home schedule gets a big upgrade.

We play our three "northern core" opponents (Pitt, BC, MD) every other year at home. Personally I find that to be a solid upgrade over Pitt, UConn and Rutgers.

And we'll play the Atlantic Division 4 (FSU, Clemson, NC St, Wake) every other year as well. Huge upgrade over USF, Cincy, Louisville & Temple.

Plus we'll get Miami, VaTech, GaTech, etc. in every few years as well.

For us diehards it's an improvement but it's clear the majority really won't care. Just gotta win.

I hear ya but Uconn has been better than BC and Rutgers has been better than Maryland. Close call.

seeing VT move the ball down the field and get in field goal range made me even more disappointed about Saturday. They had the same amount of time on the clock - 44 seconds. They had two big plays during the final drive but they were short passes with huge YAC. They took advantage of GT playing prevent so they threw two underneath passes to guys who were in full stride - one a crossing pattern and the other a slant. The slant was lucky but the guy made a tight catch and split the defenders.

The key here is that they WRs pretty much caught the ball already moving at full speed.

Made me wish we had a do-over on the last possession. Hit Kobena or Clark across the middle when they are in full stride. Hoping we see something like this in the future if we have to try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom