Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon | Syracusefan.com

Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon

arbitragegls

All Conference
...should be as early as today or within the week...this will set off several important items that are key for the ACC Conference:
1. ESPN upping $$$ to ACC for Notre Dame association
2. Will Notre Dame add an additional game to its already agreed to 5 games against ACC each year
for five years to make up for the games not competed this year
3. What will be the outcome of the ACC Network

This should be viewed as good news and should begin breaking on all points above within near future. The end result of the Catholic 7 $$$ from Fox will have a positive impact on the ACC-ESPN renegotiated contract from a dollar standpoint as well as other items we have discussed on the pay side...enjoy our BBall win last night and beat Georgetown on Saturday!

I'm assuming you are talking about basketball coming directly to ACC this year instead of going through C7 for year. This doesn't change football, correct?

@texascpa yes, that's what he means. ND joining the ACC a year earlier than originally expected.

Nothing newsworthy, no offense, as all of the above has been widely reported or understood if you pay attention. I am more interested in any backroom discussion on Louisville or is that impossible, most likely, in order to get the full $50 million from Maryland?

I am more interested in any backroom discussion on Louisville or is that impossible, most likely, in order to get the full $50 million from Maryland?
Impossible for football in 2013.

All sports but football might be possible... it would mean 16 teams for hoops.

Maryland's going nowhere before 1 July 2014.

...should be as early as today or within the week...this will set off several important items that are key for the ACC Conference:
2. Will Notre Dame add an additional game to its already agreed to 5 games against ACC each year

This should be viewed as good news and should begin breaking on all points above within near future. The end result of the Catholic 7 $$$ from Fox will have a positive impact on the ACC-ESPN renegotiated contract from a dollar standpoint as well as other items we have discussed on the pay side...enjoy our BBall win last night and beat Georgetown on Saturday!
The announcement that ND is going to the ACC was made last September. I think most of us expected they would not wait the full 27 mos. to leave just like SU, Pitt., WV, etc. did not. So, no surprises here at this point.

Impossible for football in 2013.

All sports but football might be possible... it would mean 16 teams for hoops.

Maryland's going nowhere before 1 July 2014.

Yeah I was thinking from a strictly non-football standpoint. I would like them in basketball next year.

If it regarded football it would be newsworthy. Since this is the Football Board, silly me saw the thread and assumed it regarded football.

Nothing newsworthy, no offense, as all of the above has been widely reported or understood if you pay attention. I am more interested in any backroom discussion on Louisville or is that impossible, most likely, in order to get the full $50 million from Maryland?
Really, really...you must be the man...the ACC until very recently was not expecting ND until next year...check out CBS Fowler report that indicates ACC started to have discussions last week. Point is that this was not expected and to have claimed it was is rumor not substantiation...this board deals with confirmed sources as best as we can...otherwise go read Dude, Swaim and MHVer3 and tell me that any of them had it right...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...212/acc-prepares-for-notre-dame-to-join-early

I appreciate the posts Arb! Especially if Notre Dame increases the number of ACC football games it will play. I think it is news worthy.

I think if people are so bent on replying negatively to posters who supply a great deal of important information, they should just . We have so many posters over the years who no longer post inside, important, interesting tidbits because people have to talk crap. Unbelievable the amount of info we don't hear anymore because people got sick of being challenged by uninformed posters when they had no idea who they were even questioning.

Payside please

How much will ND have to pay to make this happen?

Really, really...you must be the man...the ACC until very recently was not expecting ND until next year...check out CBS Fowler report that indicates ACC started to have discussions last week. Point is that this was not expected and to have claimed it was is rumor not substantiation...this board deals with confirmed sources as best as we can...otherwise go read Dude, Swaim and MHVer3 and tell me that any of them had it right...
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...212/acc-prepares-for-notre-dame-to-join-early

Thin skin much? I understand you want to be the main breaking news guy on the site and kudos on the job you do but you do not have to take offense and try to bury others that have some understanding of the college landscape. The ACC has had contingency plans for everyone for quite a while. Notre Dame and the ACC were both prepared for a later entry date because it made sense but in no way, shape, or form was the most egotistical athletic program in all of college athletics going to play basketball and olympic sports with CUSA2. This is not idle speculation from the dude it is common sense and reading almost any article on the subject.

The Louisville situation is the only breaking news you could report because a lot of what is going on with them is not widely reported or understood.

Keep up the good work but please do not get uppity or abusive to others that are trying to conduct a civil conversation.

The sooner ND gets into the ACC the better if not only for the fact I won't have to read the WVU forum make up ridiculous hypothetical situations with it. Nice info.

Then maybe you should wait for a thread titled "Wait for it...be Patient...Louisville to ACC Announcement Soon" instead and just skip this one. seems to be a better option

I might be wrong but I would be surprised if any announcement comes out of Greensboro until Monday. The Womens ACC BB Tourney started today in GSO and runs through Sunday. The ACC doesn't seem to like making announcements that would detract from these events.

Hey Arb.. should we be looking for a man in sunglasses and a trenchcoat sitting next to Swofford in the Coliseum ;) ?

I appreciate the posts Arb! Especially if Notre Dame increases the number of ACC football games it will play. I think it is news worthy.
No question its news worthy. Timing is everything. Thanks for the update Arb!

Whoa! Can't you people read - the biggest news here is ND being in for "6" games - Arb, is that true cause that's major news and major money for the ACC.

And by the way, don't listen to these major that are such negatives nellies - great job and keep feeding us the news!

Whoa! Can't you people read - the biggest news here is ND being in for "6" games - Arb, is that true cause that's major news and major money for the ACC.

And by the way, don't listen to these major that are such negatives nellies - great job and keep feeding us the news!
News? I didn't read any "news"into it. I think they were unanswered questions. "Will Notre Dame add an additional game to its already agreed to 5 games against ACC each year"

That's like me posting "Will ND join the ACC in football this year?" and calling that news. Should I start a thread on it and call it a scoop?

News? I didn't read any "news"into it. I think they were unanswered questions. "Will Notre Dame add an additional game to its already agreed to 5 games against ACC each year"

That's like me posting "Will ND join the ACC in football this year?" and calling that news. Should I start a thread on it and call it a scoop?

When Arb posts news, you gotta read between the lines - I assume his source tells him he can't outright say ND is in for 6 games but by posting the question as a line item he is telling us its "on the table" and being seriously negotiated.

Arb, am I reading too much into it or is xc84 correct?

When Arb posts news, you gotta read between the lines - I assume his source tells him he can't outright say ND is in for 6 games but by posting the question as a line item he is telling us its "on the table" and being seriously negotiated.

Nope you are reading me correctly... what is on the table is early entry, this year, and to cover that bringing the 5 games up to 6/for 5 years to cover games lost in '13-'14. Also, what is important is that the initial agreement was for Notre Dame to play the 5 games against ACC beginning in the '15 season...this could be moved up to '14 and then have it done insofar as games owed because of early entry (so there are two ways for Notre Dame to honor their agreement).
ESPN is pushing...and some of you are getting to know me too well!

Sources? I see citations (e.g. CBS Sports) for articles posted on the web that anyone can google...and then follow-on conjecture in the guise of "secret info". I'll stick with my Magic 8 ball.

I am just a negative nelly but this "breaking news" we have to read between the lines for has been on the table for a while now. Do you think ESPN wants NBC to have three Notre Dame games while they only get two in some years? They will push for the even split.