Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon

Ok- what is it with some of you negativity-obsessed AHoles that are acting like folks peed in your Cheerios?
Its like a measuring contest to see who can call out whom the fastest and loudest!
What has happened to checking someone's track record on posted info- BEFORE reacting as though he's posting just to be posting?
Furthermore, where is YOUR substantial info to share with the board? Or are you too busy dissecting people's information just to make yourselves feel better, not to post something of substance yourself?
Look, if you had a hard day, fine. But most of us look forward to Arb's updates because he's been about as spot-on on some issues than anyone I've seen on the web...period.
As some have already said, if you don't like what you're reading or wanna whine about more details, then stop reading. Should be simple, right?
Sheesh.
frustration.gif

Whoa! Can't you people read - the biggest news here is ND being in for "6" games - Arb, is that true cause that's major news and major money for the ACC.

And by the way, don't listen to these major that are such negatives nellies - great job and keep feeding us the news!

I agree that is the most significant tidbit. But I don't understand the rationale given -- what are the FB games with ND will NOT be playing that the added sixth game would make up for?

Nope you are reading me correctly... what is on the table is early entry, this year, and to cover that bringing the 5 games up to 6/for 5 years to cover games lost in '13-'14. Also, what is important is that the initial agreement was for Notre Dame to play the 5 games against ACC beginning in the '15 season...this could be moved up to '14 and then have it done insofar as games owed because of early entry (so there are two ways for Notre Dame to honor their agreement).
ESPN is pushing...and some of you are getting to know me too well!
That's a big deal.

Arbs...you going to sign up for the tailgate this Fall?

Sources? I see citations (e.g. CBS Sports) for articles posted on the web that anyone can google...and then follow-on conjecture in the guise of "secret info". I'll stick with my Magic 8 ball.
You're not paying attention then.

Would you please stop posting under the guise of "secret info" please?!
Once again, we are breaking our stealth agreement concerning pay side information. The Oklahoma to B1G has been gaining momentum over the past three months..the GOR will not protect the Big 12...

Sources? I see citations (e.g. CBS Sports) for articles posted on the web that anyone can google...and then follow-on conjecture in the guise of "secret info". I'll stick with my Magic 8 ball.

I love Arbi's posts and glad he does. But I'm also in the camp that his NC state source is a fabrication. Not that it matters, I like the debate about it. It adds to Arbi's allure.

A few things things come to my mind

1) His original Orange bowl ACC payout post was a really blown call.
2) If you are paying attention, you will notice he posts right after an article/blog post hits the internet.
3) No follow up info from a lot of past posts, the ACC - Big 12 Alliance, ACC network, etc.

If he doesn't specifially say his post is info from his source, I think you're going out on a limb assuming it is.

I agree that is the most significant tidbit. But I don't understand the rationale given -- what are the FB games with ND will NOT be playing that the added sixth game would make up for?

ACC die-hards are not happy that Notre Dame is getting in with a 5 game agreement in 2015 as they believe it should be all-sports or nothing. Letting them in two years early in 2013 with no football arrangement would drive them nuts. Adding a 6th game in 2015 and beyond would make up for it to some extent (in their minds) but the reality is it would be a backdoor move to get to full conference affiliation by the time the next deal is being worked on. ACC does not want to be looked at like the Big East was. ESPN has been pushing the 6th game for a while regardless and frankly 3/3 works better on a number of levels. ACC has been ready for Notre Dame for a while. Irish were content to stay in the BE with the catholic schools but they were never staying in the A12 or whatever they are calling themselves these days.

Per ESPN...

The Big East is seeking at least $2.5 million from Notre Dame to allow the Fighting Irish to leave and join the ACC on July 1, a source told ESPN.

Per ESPN...

The Big East is seeking at least $2.5 million from Notre Dame to allow the Fighting Irish to leave and join the ACC on July 1, a source told ESPN.
The ACC has already drafted the bball schedule for this coming season...Notre Dame will be in ACC come July 1...and indicated previously.

Per ESPN...

That's pennies to ND and since that is where the BE is starting, it could be less in the end. No doubt everyone has been right that ND will be playing ACC basketball next winter.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Per ESPN...

Good find...longtimefan had asked about it on this thread

Per ESPN...

There is no longer a BE...the money grubbing by the jilted 3 is hilarious.

Per ESPN...

$2.5M?????? How will they ever find $2.5M??????????? :rolleyes:

There is no longer a BE...the money grubbing by the jilted 3 is hilarious.

You've got that right. I'm surprised the decimal point wasn't moved one place to the right. It's pretty funny that Big Bad ND, ye of the giant NBC contract, is getting out for less than SU did.

You've got that right. I'm surprised the decimal point wasn't moved one place to the right. It's pretty funny that Big Bad ND, ye of the giant NBC contract, is getting out for less than SU did.
They would have got out for free had they waited the 27 mos. Unlike SU, they had no penalty provided they waited the agreed-upon period.

The big difference is that SU is taking away its FB program, and ND isn't.

Although, if you believe in the contracts being negotiated by the BB-only and FB-centric scions of the old BE, the hoops are worth more by themselves.