Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon

The big difference is that SU is taking away its FB program, and ND isn't.

Although, if you believe in the contracts being negotiated by the BB-only and FB-centric scions of the old BE, the hoops are worth more by themselves.
Some brands (G'Town, 'Nova. etc.), or their markets, are simply worth more than others (e.g. Yukon, Cincy, etc.).

Arb has often been weeks ahead of the traditional media on ACC news. Some of you people are clueless...

Arb has often been weeks ahead of the traditional media on ACC news. Some of you people are clueless...
Agree, Arb was one of the few that broke the story about ND not having to pay an exit fee and going with the C7 for a year and how negotiations would take longer than expected (I guess it is all relative to what you expected)

gem from March 1: "If Notre Dame goes with the Catholic 7 it may mean nothing at all or something...and it will take more time to figure that meaning out."

or this one : March 1: "The next few weeks are going to be interesting..sic: TOUGH! By the Catholic 7 leaving early, if they do in fact leave July this year, it gives an easy walk and no dollar loss to Notre Dame to exit with them as part of their new conference (even if just for a year before bouncing to ACC). "

March 4 - RE: Breakup of BE: "What appeared to be a clean break a few days ago may now come down to messy negotiations that could take a bit longer than expected"

I guess we have a long ways to go to learn when C7 is leaving, how much ND has to pay to leave the BE, and when they will join the ACC.

Agree, Arb was one of the few that broke the story about ND not having to pay an exit fee and going with the C7 for a year and how negotiations would take longer than expected (I guess it is all relative to what you expected)

gem from March 1: "If Notre Dame goes with the Catholic 7 it may mean nothing at all or something...and it will take more time to figure that meaning out."

or this one : March 1: "The next few weeks are going to be interesting..sic: TOUGH! By the Catholic 7 leaving early, if they do in fact leave July this year, it gives an easy walk and no dollar loss to Notre Dame to exit with them as part of their new conference (even if just for a year before bouncing to ACC). "

March 4 - RE: Breakup of BE: "What appeared to be a clean break a few days ago may now come down to messy negotiations that could take a bit longer than expected"

I guess we have a long ways to go to learn when C7 is leaving, how much ND has to pay to leave the BE, and when they will join the ACC.
Again, Arb has routinely scooped the major media about major issues regarding the ACC over a period of several years. I encourage you to take some time and read his posts. Educate yourself. You should stand to learn more before posting nonsense like this.

Picking a handful of recent posts to try and make a highly valued poster look bad is, IMHO, a petty thing to do. Worse, this kind of behavior makes people who have information and are willing to share it with the board stop posting. You have been a good poster in the past. I expect more from you.

Again, Arb has routinely scooped the major media about major issues regarding the ACC over a period of several years. I encourage you to take some time and read his posts. Educate yourself. You should stand to learn more before posting nonsense like this.

Picking a handful of recent posts to try and make a highly valued poster look bad is, IMHO, a petty thing to do. Worse, this kind of behavior makes people who have information and are willing to share it with the board stop posting. You have been a good poster in the past. I expect more from you.
We just have a difference of opinion on their value. As requested, I will refrain from commenting about arb's posts going forward.

We jut have a difference of opinion on their value. As requested, I will refrain from commenting about arb's posts going forward.
No need to run from your opinion, just accept that its misinformed and misguided.
There's not a poster here who's defending Arb & his contributions just for the hell of it- he's been posting on this topic for a long time now, and I repeat, has been more consistent and accurate than ANYONE I've read on the web.
Before they banned me for speaking truth to facts about realignment, I'd consistently go to the WVU board and drop knowledge that I'd gleaned from Arb's posts, and I recommended that some of them come here and read the info for themselves. Naturally, they refused- but I'd always go back weeks later and say "I told you so". ;)
Bottomline, if you wanna challenge the info provided by cherry-picking a few posts, either in an attempt to be "that guy" or just because you like to play the contrarian, by all means "please proceed".
But understand that folks are watching and laughing...not WITH you, but AT you.
Take that for what its worth.:noidea:

Some of you people sound like the folks on the "Survivor" spoilers message boards. Someone posts the entire order of elimination before the season starts, and gets everything right but one small detail, and that's then all anyone talks about. "Rick was wearing a blue T-shirt, not red, when he got voted out! You don't know what you're talking about!" etc

No need to run from your opinion, just accept that its misinformed and misguided.

If I didn't know you were being serious, this would be a hell of a lot funnier. However, it's still pretty funny. Thanks for giving me your permission to offer my opinion! However, others have clearly said it's not ok to refute The Drake so I will not.

If I didn't know you were being serious, this would be a hell of a lot funnier. However, it's still pretty funny. Thanks for giving me your permission to offer my opinion! However, others have clearly said it's not ok to refute The Drake so I will not.
Stop...now you're just being silly.
The fact that you refuse to either acknowledge or accept that your opinion is flawed, a fact that is provable via available evidence in countless threads, seems to indicate that there's something else at play here.
You continuously call out a universally valued & respected poster- yet when the same is done to you, you play the wounded martyr?
Got it- and thanks for proving the point. Oh Lord

Stop...now you're just being silly.
The fact that you refuse to either acknowledge or accept that your opinion is flawed, a fact that is provable via available evidence in countless threads, seems to indicate that there's something else at play here.
You continuously call out a universally valued & respected poster- yet when the same is done to you, you play the wounded martyr?
Got it- and thanks for proving the point. Oh Lord
So far, no one person has refuted my posts with anything but "How dare you...". I am not playing the wounded martyr at all. There are others who have shared my viewpoint on this but we all get called names for daring to disagree on this issue. It's great for open discussion.

So far, no one person has refuted my posts with anything but "How dare you...". I am not playing the wounded martyr at all. There are others who have shared my viewpoint on this but we all get called names for daring to disagree on this issue. It's great for open discussion.
A little history. I get info every now and then. A few years ago, I posted that Hop was named coach in waiting and that it was a done deal. I was crushed for it. A few months later, tgd released that info. I have never posted inside info here again. Arb has been accurate. He gets no reward for posting that info here. You are not helping the board by nit picking arb's posts. Just the opposite. Like most here, I look forward to his posts.

No, what you're doing is cherry-picking things to dispute, and then posting them to highlight your cynicism.
One of the reasons Arb has been a great source is precisely because he doesn't speak in absolutes...something you seem to think makes him LESS credible. What you can't seem to grasp is that thats what makes him even MORE credible, and worthy of some benefit-of-the-doubt. He's not claiming to be all-knowing like the Dude, or TuxedoYoda, or MHver. In each post he makes the point to say he has to be DELIBERATELY vague, in order to shield his sources.
For some reason, you choose to focus on the vagueness aspect rather than the track record, which is very very good.
Moreover, when multiple posters jump to a person's defense, that's not just "group-think" or PC-inspired nonsense. Its based on proven performance over time- trust me, we're not all gullible Arb fanboys.
You can continue to cherry-pick and throw up individual arguments all you want, but you have yet to prove that Arb's info has been wrong or misguided. To argue for arguments sake is not just "open discussion", its called among other things, being a buzz-kill (and that's being polite).

I don't have the time to show you how badly mistaken you are. I urge you to review Arb's posts here since the board started. Educate yourself and you will be taken seriously.

I don't have the time to show you how badly mistaken you are. I urge you to review Arb's posts here since the board started. Educate yourself and you will be taken seriously.
I read many of his posts and like many of them. He and I share an opinion on MCW as an example.

A little history. I get info every now and then. A few years ago, I posted that Hop was named coach in waiting and that it was a done deal. I was crushed for it. A few months later, tgd released that info. I have never posted inside info here again. Arb has been accurate. He gets no reward for posting that info here. You are not helping the board by nit picking arb's posts. Just the opposite. Like most here, I look forward to his posts.

This was started when I very simply and with no offense responded to his post that his information was not news. My mistake was in thinking other people read information in articles outside the Cuse bubble. What was common knowledge to the nation was apparently breaking news to Cuse fans. Arb responded by mocking me. Goes both ways.

Perhaps you need to view Arbs posts on the ACC differently.
Sometimes the best way to share info that has been given us confidentially and retain that confidentiality is not to repeat it but rather point/nudge folks in the right direction. And if you still don't want to believe that he has a source in the ACC at least just appreciate tht he is sharing info he has garnered from the internet.

This was started when I very simply and with no offense responded to his post that his information was not news. My mistake was in thinking other people read information in articles outside the Cuse bubble. What was common knowledge to the nation was apparently breaking news to Cuse fans. Arb responded by mocking me. Goes both ways.
the point is that you are wrong. Very often, not always, arb has been ahead of the national news. And for you to think that you are the only reading the national press and the rest of us are local yokals, is plain wrong and insulting. You have 76 posts here. Most here are connected in different ways that you can't even imagine.

the point is that you are wrong. Very often, not always, arb has been ahead of the national news. And for you to think that you are the only reading the national press and the rest of us are local yokals, is plain wrong and insulting. You have 76 posts here. Most here are connected in different ways that you can't even imagine.
National news? Who reads the national news? The national news is usually about a day late.

FRZxZ-yZ80iGaWsiCEbHog2.jpg

I am sorry I am not as connected as you or have 3000 posts on this board. The point is I am not wrong unless you can show proof that Arb was the person to break the news that Notre Dame was considering leaving the Big East early in the event the C7 were going to leave. You cannot because he was not and thus it was not news. Considering I have never called him out in the past outside this one issue which was not calling him out in the first place I am hard pressed to see what you are upset about. He could have broke the key piece of information regarding ACC/Notre Dame which was the exit fee but he did not because that was not reported anywhere. Everything from them wanting out due to the C7 leaving and the ACC/ESPN wanting a 6th football game has been discussed so thus it is not breaking news.

I am sorry I am not as connected as you or have 3000 posts on this board. The point is I am not wrong unless you can show proof that Arb was the person to break the news that Notre Dame was considering leaving the Big East early in the event the C7 were going to leave. You cannot because he was not and thus it was not news. Considering I have never called him out in the past outside this one issue which was not calling him out in the first place I am hard pressed to see what you are upset about. He could have broke the key piece of information regarding ACC/Notre Dame which was the exit fee but he did not because that was not reported anywhere. Everything from them wanting out due to the C7 leaving and the ACC/ESPN wanting a 6th football game has been discussed so thus it is not breaking news.

Does it really matter whether it was breaking news or not?

If you don't agree that it is breaking news then please move on. You have stated your opnion and have been heard, I think it is time to let it go. Unless your ego can't handle it and need someone to tell you that you were right and everyone was wrong. Sorry, that is probably not gonna happen and I am sorry but your ego in this case will not be fed.

I notice Arb isn't usually the first one..but I treat his posts as confirmation.

Good point Mark. Some of Arb's info may already be in the national media...however his confirmations or non-confirmations help understand what is really happening out there vs what is just the media trying to sell advertising. I enjoy reading his information and appreciate the toruble he goes to getting it for us.