Wake and Bake Postgamer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake and Bake Postgamer

Anyone else notice Leon Lowery throwing a tantrum on the sideline? Think it was after Wake scored quickly on 2 plays. Then after the final whistle he ran straight to the locker room, might be a guy to keep an eye on going to the portal shortly.
Probably because the DBs were awful, save the final interception.

One of the more satisfying wins in a while. Held on to get bowl eligibility on Senior Day after this crazy week with the head coach getting fired. A huge shout out to the players, coaches and all the fans who have stuck by the team all season. If it's Boston or Annapolis, I'm there but regardless we've got one more game.

Sorry for being sh$$tty here but, most penalized players saying thanks to former HC of ridiculously penalized team does not make me feel warm inside

Edit: reading this now; just to clarify, I’m not trying to criticize players for thanking their coach. My point was about the consistent issues with personal fouls and the penalties.

Ok, resume your criticism.

Last edited:
Sorry for being sh$$tty here but, most penalized players saying thanks to former HC of ridiculously penalized team does not make me feel warm inside
The man coached them their entire careers, and recruited them in high school . E has known them for 6+ years. Even if they hated the guy (which I’d assume they don’t) them saying thank you /goodbye / good luck in the future is not a bad thing.

as a coach myself (not football…) that relationship and bond is extremely powerful between players and coaches, especially when forged together through the craziness of seasons and life over many years.

id be more disappointed if they didn’t thank him for the impact he’s had on their lives, even if it ended poorly. it would imply we weren’t developing good people in addition to good players on the field.

The man coached them their entire careers, and recruited them in high school . E has known them for 6+ years. Even if they hated the guy (which I’d assume they don’t) them saying thank you /goodbye / good luck in the future is not a bad thing.

as a coach myself (not football…) that relationship and bond is extremely powerful between players and coaches, especially when forged together through the craziness of seasons and life over many years.

id be more disappointed if they didn’t thank him for the impact he’s had on their lives, even if it ended poorly. it would imply we weren’t developing good people in addition to good players on the field.

I don’t have a problem with thanking the coach. I’m not saying it is a bad thing at all. If that’s your interpretation, that is not my point.

My point is about the link between the HC of a heavily penalized team and two team leaders who play extremely well but also commit some really poor decisions that led to some cheap fouls.

I’d like to think SU plays fair consistently and doesn’t commit facemask penalties in the scrum or alligator tackles.
What’s done is done.
Dino’s teams are consistently really undisciplined. I think he would have done the team and these players a service if he did a better job of enforcing better sportsmanship.

Edit: sorry if I killed this thread

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom