Wake and Bake Postgamer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wake and Bake Postgamer

What’s up with that strange comment from Adam Terry about several players on the SU sideline not paying attention?

View attachment 233746
He is correct in saying they were around the 30 with their helmets off talking. But that is because they are wide receivers and Cuse was punting. They were talking about the last series then Wake player got called for hurdling. Complete misrepresentation of the circumstances by Adam, disappointing actually.

Anyone else notice Leon Lowery throwing a tantrum on the sideline? Think it was after Wake scored quickly on 2 plays. Then after the final whistle he ran straight to the locker room, might be a guy to keep an eye on going to the portal shortly.
I sit in 304 and I saw him sprint to the tunnel when the clock hit zero. It was strange but sometimes and injury or nature calling require immediate attention. Lowery lost playing time to Thompson as the season went on. I think it’s fair to say he will explore his options.

It felt gross but it felt like the best outcome to me.
It was a great offensive game, how can you complain about that? Long drives, 5 Td’s on 9 possessions, could have had 6. One victory, one int, one punt.

It was close to a perfect game. I don’t think it’s sustainable or effective against better teams but it was perfect yesterday.

It was a great offensive game, how can you complain about that? Long drives, 5 Td’s on 9 possessions, could have had 6. One victory, one int, one punt.

It was close to a perfect game. I don’t think it’s sustainable or effective against better teams but it was perfect yesterday.
No it felt gross believing that the best outcome was that we let Dino go but still made a bowl.

No it felt gross believing that the best outcome was that we let Dino go but still made a bowl.
Ah, got it. Maybe it’s weird, but I don’t care about him staying or leaving. He built a better team than he came in with and has had really bad luck with injuries, but at the end of the day you get measured by W’s.

He wins one of the three point losses three years ago, or the bowl or wake games last year, or bc or gt this year he’s still the coach. But he didn’t so he’s not. Which is fine, time to get a guy that can get to 8,9, 10 instead of 5, 6, 7.

Probably because the DBs were awful, save the final interception.

Are the DBs awful are is the defensive play calling awful? How many times in 3rd and 4 are our corners lined up at 7 or 8 yards from the LOS?

We are way too soft in coverage. Week in and week out. If we’re going to run the 3-3-5, we need to be aggressive not passive.

There’s been a ton of attention on our offensive deficiencies, and rightfully so, but our defense was passive all year.

Last week against Georgia Tech, the offense comes out of their coma and pulls to within 2 points (22-24) with 7:41 to go in the game. We had momentum and all we needed was a stop to get he ball back. Georgia Tech proceeds to orchestrate an 11 play drive (9 runs, 2 incomplete passes) aided by two defensive penalties (Lowery lined up offsides for one of those penalties) and marched down the field to score a TD with 2:22 left on the clock. Yippee. We got the ball back, but instead of being done by two with momentum, we were down by 9. Game over.

And against Wake, who thought we would score 35 points? We hadn’t scored that many points since we payed Western Michigan in week 2. By the way, I attribute that to players and coaches being more comfortable with the offensive game plan in its third week and having a serviceable Shrader available and not the change in head coach. Either way, we scored 35 and had to hang on for a last minute interception at our own 1 yard line to secure the W.

I thought we would have been more aggressive with Rocky Long, but I was wrong. Very wrong.

wake going for 2 after their last TD was 4-D chess. thankyou
Can anyone explain what the heck the reasoning would be for Clawson to go for 2 when they're down by 4?

He made their life much harder than it could have been. I actually think their offense looked like the stronger one if they had gone into OT.

Are the DBs awful are is the defensive play calling awful? How many times in 3rd and 4 are our corners lined up at 7 or 8 yards from the LOS?

We are way too soft in coverage. Week in and week out. If we’re going to run the 3-3-5, we need to be aggressive not passive.

There’s been a ton of attention on our offensive deficiencies, and rightfully so, but our defense was passive all year.

Last week against Georgia Tech, the offense comes out of their coma and pulls to within 2 points (22-24) with 7:41 to go in the game. We had momentum and all we needed was a stop to get he ball back. Georgia Tech proceeds to orchestrate an 11 play drive (9 runs, 2 incomplete passes) aided by two defensive penalties (Lowery lined up offsides for one of those penalties) and marched down the field to score a TD with 2:22 left on the clock. Yippee. We got the ball back, but instead of being done by two with momentum, we were down by 9. Game over.

And against Wake, who thought we would score 35 points? We hadn’t scored that many points since we payed Western Michigan in week 2. By the way, I attribute that to players and coaches being more comfortable with the offensive game plan in its third week and having a serviceable Shrader available and not the change in head coach. Either way, we scored 35 and had to hang on for a last minute interception at our own 1 yard line to secure the W.

I thought we would have been more aggressive with Rocky Long, but I was wrong. Very wrong.
I agree. But we also do have to admit, last year we had Garret Williams, Duece Chesnut, and Ja'Had Carter. We don't have that level of talent this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom