Wake Forest Game Day Thread | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Day Thread

CuseLegacy

DOWi8EDVoAEJmTf.jpg:large

Just got my first "Let's Go Orange " shout out at a Buc-ee' s here in Katy, TX. Unfortunately he was wearing a Bill's cap.

Oh, and you don't have Buc-ees in NY? Sorry. You need to get one.

Last edited:
Let's go Gray - ay! Let's go Gray - ay! (Just getting ready for game time when our beloved Gray-men hit the field!)

Even if Dungey is a no go today, I still like our chances. I have faith (belief without evidence) that Mahoney can get the job done with a full week of prep knowing he'd be the starter. Need the D to step up big time!

Just got my first "Let's Go Orange " shout out at a Buc-ee' s here in Katy, TX. Unfortunately he was wearing a Bill's cap.

Oh, and you don't have Buc-ees in BY? Sorry. You need to get one.
Buc-ees is truly amazing.

There's a surprising amount of Syracuse love in Texas. I always get someone saying something when I wear my Syracuse gear. A few weeks ago I was standing on the sideline during UT's game with Kansas St. (representing with my Syracuse hat of course) and some guy who worked for UT approached me and wanted to talk about the Pitt game from earlier in the day.

Win this at ALL COSTS.

BURN THE SHIRT if need be...

The interesting tidbit from the 5 reasons we'll win/lose article, said that TD was moved to the Scout team this week, and that if Mahoney starts, then Culpepper and Welch would be the backups.

Appears there is no burning on the horizon unless all hell breaks loose.

I'm still hoping to see a post that Dungey is out on the field early doing jumping jacks.

The interesting tidbit from the 5 reasons we'll win/lose article, said that TD was moved to the Scout team this week, and that if Mahoney starts, then Culpepper and Welch would be the backups.

Appears there is no burning on the horizon unless all hell breaks loose.

I'm still hoping to see a post that Dungey is out on the field early doing jumping jacks.
Dino is Military counter intelligence smart.

Need the W today. No reason our guys don't mop the floor with the Deacons. Expect a tough game but an Orange victory.

I think we win, but I'm tired of trying to eke something out in the short term at the expense of the future. We have gone down that road forever and in our best case scenario it leaves us struggling to make a bowl game. Put me firmly in the camp that says burning DeVito's redshirt is a poor choice, even if we go bowling.

Plus... if Babers is preserving DeVito's redshirt, that may say something about how Babers envisions his own future here.

Just a reminder that Clawson is the worst. Ok, Petrino is the worst. But Clawson is a douche.

Sorry guys but the shirt is NOT being burned. If Eric can't play y'all had better be rooting for Mahoney.

Just to be clear, if the staff chooses to play Mahoney over TD, I am great with that because I think the staff's thinking would be that Mahoney gives us the best option to win this game out of ALL the options we have. No problem.

IF
the staff thinks that playing TD gives the team the best chance to win this game and, by extension, make a Bowl... I have no problem with that thinking. In fact, I think they HAVE to think that way. That's the point.

Just to be clear, if the staff chooses to play Mahoney over TD, I am great with that because I think the staff's thinking would be that Mahoney gives us the best option to win this game out of ALL the options we have. No problem.

IF
the staff thinks that playing TD gives the team the best chance to win this game and, by extension, make a Bowl... I have no problem with that thinking. In fact, I think they HAVE to think that way. That's the point.
I don't know what they think gives them the best chance but I know they aren't burning TDs shirt.

I have the utmost confidence in Mahoney if he is on the field. He played lights out against Pitt last year and kept us close against elite teams like LSU and Clemson. He may not be pretty, he may not be the most athletic but the young man leaves everything on the field. We also don't lose the run either, I remember him running a few times for some nice gains. Cuse can win today if Mahoney is QB. Go Cuse!

Well al of this above clarifies it. He might play, and he might not. Wearing a boot into the dome does not inspire a lot of confidence. But then again, we are talking about Dungey!! He is not in a hospital bed, he will probably play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom