Wake Forest Game Thread... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Thread...

So Bourama came in and played 2-3 mins...killed his RS season. Why?
We always seem to stress potential short term gain over long term investments

I have two eyes and watch the games, thanks. I know the times a screen is coming or happening. Too many times NOTHING is happening prior to that or too much time is wasted setting SOMETHING up, IMO. Literally stalling out. It happens regularly.

And too often we have Chukwu with the ball at the top of the key with no plan, looking confused. I remember when we used to do that with Terrence Roberts. And I would scream every time, and then he made beautiful backdoor passes a couple of times and it was like, Hey, whoa — cool, but then he tried the same thing a bunch more times and it was like, Hey, whoa — but with, like, a totally different inflection and whatnot.

Last edited:
huh? they have 3, probably 4 better shooters than us - and our 1 legit shooter had a dreadful night
battle and brissett are better prospects then anyone I saw on wake forest's roster, granted the one guy was hurt

Yup. Chukwu just holds the ball up there in no man’s land not sure what do when more time gets wasted. Not enough cutting all over the place. If you can’t shoot well you have to manufacture offense in others ways. Other teams manage to do it.

Probation sucks. NCAA can suck it. I hope we win another chip and Jimmy takes a giant dump right on one of the gaudy NCAA logos that’s plastered all over every soulless NCAA tourney court.
I don't know, seems like as Boeheim gets older, his bench gets shorter. When he has more guys he just does more of the penalty box routine when someone makes a mistake. All the scholarship losses seem to translate to is more guys get the Cooney/Triche treatment(will stay on the floor no matter what).

I don't know, seems like as Boeheim gets older, his bench gets shorter. When he has more guys he just does more of the penalty box routine when someone makes a mistake. All the scholarship losses seem to translate to is more guys get the Cooney/Triche treatment(will stay on the floor no matter what).

I don’t remember exactly when the sanctions kicked in, but 2012 was one of our deepest teams ever. I think if he has the depth, he’ll use it.

A rock solid 7 guys that are all good, like in 2010 is fine too.

Lol people hated on Triche and wanted Cooney to play over him until Triche left. Then they hated on a Cooney. Triche was the 2nd leading scorer on a 30 win FF team. Why would anyone have wanted him on the bench?

Lol people hated on Triche and wanted Cooney to play over him until Triche left. Then they hated on a Cooney. Triche was the 2nd leading scorer on a 30 win FF team. Why would anyone have wanted him on the bench?

Triche never became a “star” like Jay Bilas(I think) was always beating the drum about how he could. But yeah, solid defender and overall player. Feel like he shot the 3 pretty poorly overall his senior year, which hurt him. He had the stroke to be upper 30’s from 3.

I don’t remember exactly when the sanctions kicked in, but 2012 was one of our deepest teams ever. I think if he has the depth, he’ll use it.

A rock solid 7 guys that are all good, like in 2010 is fine too.

Yeah I agree. If we have the bodies he will generally use and play them.

What irks me often is how he allows or seems to condone some of these terrible shots.

Yeah I agree. If we have the bodies he will generally use and play them.

What irks me often is how he allows or seems to condone some of these terrible shots.

When we are limited, our stars shot selection seems to suck(Greene, senior GMac, Battle?). Shot selection never seems to be a problem on our good teams.

There were times when he was ice-cold, gassed, you name it, but he never came out.

Triche never became a “star” like Jay Bilas(I think) was always beating the drum about how he could. But yeah, solid defender and overall player. Feel like he shot the 3 pretty poorly overall his senior year, which hurt him. He had the stroke to be upper 30’s from 3.

The problem was like Battle this year Triche was the bellwether. When he played well we won and when he didn’t we lost. It was that simple. It really shows you that JB’s system isn’t incredibly reliant on its guards to be successful. He never really got credit for the wins. Just the complaints about how we lost to Georgetown and Louisville down the stretch of that season.

There were times when he was ice-cold, gassed, you name it, but he never came out.

Two guards for 40 or very close to it is certainly not ideal.

Not a coincidence that 2010 and 2012 both had a 20+ mpg 3rd guard off the bench that was good enough to start.

Should have won easily?

Orange goggles.
I don't think so. Wake lost their highest scorer. SU was coming off of a great defensive game against VT. If they play anywhere close to that level they win easily. They didn't. They lost. Battle and Brissett shot 9-28, 2-11 from 3. 13 TOs, most of which were unforced. Out-rebounded by 9 and by 3 on the defensive boards. 9 freaking assists!! SU played very poorly and still was in the game until the last minute.

We played well most of the game. The 3 straight corner 3's we gave up were a killer. As were the 2 missed free throws by Brissett and then a front end 1-1 miss by Battle. But I think a lot of those mistakes are due to fatigue late in the game. We have no bench other than Marek. We looked gassed the last 4 minutes, which leads to mistakes on defense, missed free throws, and 3 point shots that were very short ( a tell-tale sign of tired legs) especially Battle.
Very good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom