Wake Forest Game Thread... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Thread...

Missed free throws by OB and Battle let Wake take the lead. Not a bad performance on the road. It’s a game they could have won, but they have to get ready for ND on Saturday. It’s going to be tough to win on the road in this league and it’s a tough loss when you feel you had a chance to win this one. WAke will win some games in the league this year. There will be no gimmies from anyone this year.

my god the H0T Takes here... yeah it's so easy to win on the road in this league that duke lost to BC... and, um, Wake is so terrible that Vegas had them favored to win

WE LOST AT WAKE FOREST OMG IT'S NIT TIME WE'LL BE LUCKY TO HAVE A WINNING RECORD!!!!!

Game SU should have won - - easily. Wake loses its top scorer. Only problem was Howard was the only SU player to play well. And he had 6 TOs. Defense was HORRIBLE!!!! Wake shot 47% on 3s. SU missed key FTs late in the game. Battle was HORRIBLE!!!! Brissett 5-16 and took that second 3-pointer at a critical time and missed. SU out-rebounded by 8!!! By 2 on the defensive boards!!

Oh well. We all knew that this team would be good at times and bad at times. This was one of those bad times.

People need to give the team slack this year.
Team played hard and just don’t have the horses.
We will win this game more times than we lose it.

Agreed...don’t have the horses. If Battle plays bad, we’re not a good team at all.

If we make the NCAAs, Boeheim deserves national coach of the year.

my god the H0T Takes here... yeah it's so easy to win on the road in this league that duke lost to BC... and, um, Wake is so terrible that Vegas had them favored to win

WE LOST AT WAKE FOREST OMG IT'S NIT TIME WE'LL BE LUCKY TO HAVE A WINNING RECORD!!!!!
By the way, wake nearly beat UNC at UNC this past weekend

People need to give the team slack this year.
Team played hard and just don’t have the horses.
We will win this game more times than we lose it.

Dont disagree at all but when wake loses there leading scorer and there 7-6 with some hideus losses u have to win that game. Lack of any o help on the bench did us in. Battle and Brissett were both brutal and we couldn't sit them. Makes Sat a must win now

Lots of standing around. Lots of forced runners/bad shots. Unfortunate we can’t score more despite getting 18pts from the FT line. I just don’t get what is going on or is supposed to be going on when Frank or Tyus just pound the ball into the ground stationary five feet behind the 3pt line while nobody is moving. It’s like 5-7 seconds routinely. Either they should play downhill or something else is supposed to be happening. Disappointing performance. Battle’s shot selection and continued poor closeouts/awareness on 3s is problematic.

Dont disagree at all but when wake loses there leading scorer and there 7-6 with some hideus losses u have to win that game. Lack of any o help on the bench did us in. Battle and Brissett were both brutal and we couldn't sit them. Makes Sat a must win now
The first three games in the ACC were toss up games for us. We are 1 and 1. Hopefully, 2-1 on Saturday.

Hopefully Boeheim will get a center who is not a liability -- except at the foul line.

Dude. You're not "accurate." You have just as much bias as anyone. Not realizing that makes you fat less "solid" than you give yourself credit for.
Dude, lol

Lots of standing around. Lots of forced runners/bad shots. Unfortunate we can’t score more despite getting 18pts from the FT line. I just don’t get what is going on or is supposed to be going on when Frank or Tyus just pound the ball into the ground while nobody is moving. It’s like 5-7 seconds routinely. Either they should play downhill or something else is supposed to be happening. Disappointing performance.

Come on, it's the well planned dribble-drive offense.

It was the white uniforms on the road...didn't like it at all.

White unis on the road, mismatching “throwback” unis with the wrong color shorts, Mismatching Celluck(or was it Duany?), blue uniforms...anything off with the uniforms is never a good sign for SU.

I would imagine that they feel he will get better and be able to play more down the line.
Reading that article posted a few days ago...sounds like he should sit for a few months. Something that often you can't play through.

Lots of standing around. Lots of forced runners/bad shots. Unfortunate we can’t score more despite getting 18pts from the FT line. I just don’t get what is going on or is supposed to be going on when Frank or Tyus just pound the ball into the ground stationary five feet behind the 3pt line while nobody is moving. It’s like 5-7 seconds routinely. Either they should play downhill or something else is supposed to be happening. Disappointing performance. Battle’s shot selection and continued poor closeouts/awareness on 3s is problematic.
Honestly, i think they just want to kill time. We want a lower scoring game.

Game SU should have won - - easily. Wake loses its top scorer. Only problem was Howard was the only SU player to play well. And he had 6 TOs. Defense was HORRIBLE!!!! Wake shot 47% on 3s. SU missed key FTs late in the game. Battle was HORRIBLE!!!! Brissett 5-16 and took that second 3-pointer at a critical time and missed. SU out-rebounded by 8!!! By 2 on the defensive boards!!

Oh well. We all knew that this team would be good at times and bad at times. This was one of those bad times.

Should have won easily?

Orange goggles.

We played well most of the game. The 3 straight corner 3's we gave up were a killer. As were the 2 missed free throws by Brissett and then a front end 1-1 miss by Battle. But I think a lot of those mistakes are due to fatigue late in the game. We have no bench other than Marek. We looked gassed the last 4 minutes, which leads to mistakes on defense, missed free throws, and 3 point shots that were very short ( a tell-tale sign of tired legs) especially Battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom