Wake Forest Game Thread... | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Welch been given a chance to play QB earlier in the season?

No. Despite what the board thinks about Tommy, he's no lower than sixth in the ACC in the major categories for a QB; ranks fourth in TDs I believe. He's not the bum the board says he is. Gives you a glimpse of what he could do with an average line.

I am glad we got the win, but so disappointing I am not planning a Bowl trip. This season should have been so much better and now we got 9 months of waiting until we open against Clemson. Hopefully we can get this thing turned around and we can start the season off much better then we did this one.

No. Despite what the board thinks about Tommy, he's no lower than sixth in the ACC in the major categories for a QB; ranks fourth in TDs I believe. He's not the bum the board says he is. Gives you a glimpse of what he could do with an average line.

And to further your points, he did so with a suspect O-Line in front of him. No knock on Welch, but Tommy earned the starting job.

As happy as I am for the Seniors, the entire team, and all of Orange Nation, I think I am most happy about watching Dave "The Whiner" Clawson have to walk across the field to shake Dino's hand after losing the game in that fashion. :D

There is a hell of a lot more to playing the position than stats.

Dino didn't "take" the timeout. Injuries in the last 2 minutes of a half become charged timeouts to the team with the injury. The rule was put in to prevent fake injuries that would stop the clock in favor of the "injured" team.

So, Neal didn't have to sit out a play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors