Wake Forest Game Thread... | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a team ever won by 9 in OT!?

I once took USC +7.5 vs Asu. In OT Asu scored a touchdown first, then USC threw a pick six 100 yards and Asu won by 13. I couldn't believe the kid ran it back as the Asu sideline was telling him to get down. Second worst beat I ever had.

HCDB seems to be saying that it was a called TO, not a charged TO.

agreed. I think he explains himself fine on the TO. Seems like an honest assessment and he’s sort of a river boat gambler sometimes.

From the NCAA rules. See item 6.3. It was my understanding watching the game that the timeout was charged, as opposed to the 10-second runoff. It makes sense, because Clawson needed the time on the clock, and didn't want to lose the 10 seconds.

ARTICLE 5. Injury Timeout
  1. In the event of an injured player(s):
    1. An official will declare a timeout and the player(s) must leave the game. He must remain out of the game for at least one down. When in question, officials will take a timeout for an injured player.
    2. The player(s) may not return to the game until he receives approval of medical personnel designated by his team.
    3. Officials, coaches and trainers shall give special attention to players who exhibit signs of a concussion. (See Appendix C.)
    4. Whenever a participant (player or game official) is bleeding, has blood saturated on the uniform, or has blood on exposed skin, the player or game official shall go to the team area and be given appropriate medical treatment. He may not return to the game without approval of medical personnel. (A.R. 3-3-5:I-VII)
  2. To curtail a possible time-gaining advantage by feigning injuries, attention is directed to the strongly worded statement in “The Football Code” (Coaching Ethics, paragraph h).
  3. An injury timeout may follow a charged team timeout.
  4. The referee will declare a timeout for an injured official.
  5. Following a timeout for an injured player of the defensive team, the play clock shall be set at 40 seconds.
  6. Ten-Second Runoff. If the player injury is the only reason for stopping the clock (other than his or a teammate’s helmet coming off, Rule 3-3-9) with less than one minute in the half, the opponent has the option of a 10-second runoff.
    1. The play clock will be set at 40 seconds for an injury to a player of the defensive team and at 25 seconds for an injury to a player of the offensive team (Rule 3-2-4-c-4).
    2. If there is a 10-second runoff the game clock will start on the referee’s signal. If there is no 10-second runoff the game clock will start on the snap.
    3. The 10-second runoff may be avoided by the use of a charged team timeout if available.
    4. There is no option of a 10-second runoff if there are injuries to opposing players. (A.R. 3-3-5-VIII and IX)

What a great example of how points doesn't measure an offense that well. A defensive touchdown in ot that shouldn't have even happened

What a great example of how points doesn't measure an offense that well. A defensive touchdown in ot that shouldn't have even happened
All I can say is that the play calling this season was horrible. I've never seen so many sideline passes in my life. To me, that is an OC that has no vision

All I can say is that the play calling this season was horrible. I've never seen so many sideline passes in my life. To me, that is an OC that has no vision
Oh I don't know. That bucket hat dude who's now at Maryland or further south, ran that play to death. At least now we have a blocker out front. Back then the receiver was stationary and without blockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom