Wake Kickoff: 2 PM / The CW Network | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Kickoff: 2 PM / The CW Network

yup.. I have directv and its a non hd channel.. and you cant get antenna to work south of the city so my atennas are worthless now that the went to a digital signal.

its like watching thru beer goggles.
Man. That stinks. I thought they had all the network stations as HD and just some of the more fringe cable channels were standard only.

season 3 riverdale GIF

didnt the whole HD v non-HD dilemma end about 15 years ago when everyone went HD??

except for the tree huggers getting tv on coat hangers and the ones stealing cable from their parents that is.

wait, where am i??

oh, right.

as you were.

Man. That stinks. I thought they had all the network stations as HD and just some of the more fringe cable channels were standard only.
cw is fringe.. its not even offered on the streaming side of directv.

Make sure to check that the HD channel is marked in your custom channel list.
you dont get a choice.. the CW is the local one and they have an non hd version of it.

That's weird. I've always had it HD on ATT Uverse and I think I had it HD when I had DirectTV about 10 years ago. I wonder why it's different for you.

CW in syracuse is a sub channel and for some reason directv is using the SD version..

If it's fringe I've had fringe for years on DirecTv.
Local channels are suppose to be carried in your basic subscription package.
Supposedly if The CW isn't carried as a local channel I have seen where it is available on 385.
I would call DirecTv and ask for Customer Loyalty and ask why you aren't getting The CW.
And that's weird that they are using the SD version as they have replaced all the SD receivers.

Based on the GIFs, the head of programming for the CW appears to be a 14 year old.

no cable in the back woods..

I can watch it in HD on new visions one of my fiber hookups.

talking with directv today that made it sound like hannel 385 doesnt work, and CW hd doesnt work?

if CW did live shows that would work

But I like to record to rewatch and and cant do that either on CW for sports .

no cable in the back woods..

I can watch it in HD on new visions one of my fiber hookups.

talking with directv today that made it sound like hannel 385 doesnt work, and CW hd doesnt work?

if CW did live shows that would work

But I like to record to rewatch and and cant do that either on CW for sports .
That's probably one of the reasons I get The CW, one of the local network channels uses it as their alternate channel for their newscasts.
I hope that DirecTv at least offered you a promotional discount on your bill.

I found out that the local CW sends a HD signal to Directv and they down grade it to an SD signal. In some chats other places are seeing that as well.

In the old days if the local had an HD signal and cable/sat didnt offer it they had to provide the HD national signal. The same if the local was not available OTA they had to let you pay to get the national e/w feed which was great for years for sports.

Now they dont offer anything.

Not sure how they get away with it now that they are removing the SD sat feeds in the near term.

I found out that the local CW sends a HD signal to Directv and they down grade it to an SD signal. In some chats other places are seeing that as well.

In the old days if the local had an HD signal and cable/sat didnt offer it they had to provide the HD national signal. The same if the local was not available OTA they had to let you pay to get the national e/w feed which was great for years for sports.

Now they dont offer anything.

Not sure how they get away with it now that they are removing the SD sat feeds in the near term.

I feel like I'm reading a thread from 2003.

I can't recall the last time I saw an SD feed, but I probably spent 3 minutes dialing a friend's number on a rotary phone to talk about the game.

I feel like I'm reading a thread from 2003.

I can't recall the last time I saw an SD feed, but I probably spent 3 minutes dialing a friend's number on a rotary phone to talk about the game.
Believe it or not it was just two years ago that Directv was sending out emails to customers that still had SD receivers informing them that they had to upgrade to an HD Receiver or they would no longer be able to watch some channels...yes I still had one SD receiver in the house.

Believe it or not it was just two years ago that Directv was sending out emails to customers that still had SD receivers informing them that they had to upgrade to an HD Receiver or they would no longer be able to watch some channels...yes I still had one SD receiver in the house.

That’s kinda crazy, SD even survived Covid! I had no idea.

yup.. I have directv and its a non hd channel.. and you cant get antenna to work south of the city so my atennas are worthless now that the went to a digital signal.

its like watching thru beer goggles.
Almost all channels migrated to the UHF band. 13 and up for old timers. An HD antenna is a rebranded UHF antenna. The old "Star ship enterprise" antenna is VHF. I get channels from 70 miles with my UHF... Channel 2 is uhf 17. 4, 3 is 22.1 etc... A Good UHF antenna on the roof, proper math for your in home Coax, with an amplifier of THAT #, and you may be surprised.

Excellent, I can watch a rerun of Dawson's Creek and 7th Heaven on the CW and then transition seamlessly into our game.
Halftime highlights… from the final season of One Tree Hill!