Wake opens -8.5 over Cuse… | Syracusefan.com

Wake opens -8.5 over Cuse…

My quick math based on KP EM's was 7.5 (with a 3.5 Home Court), so it certainly starts in range. What is odd, in the last 2 games its gets pushed down (not in our favour).. I also seem to remember a swing to NC St as well.

I know a lot of people were questioning our #75-80ish KP (and NET) ranking because of margin impacts, as was I. But based on what we have done against FSU and BC in 2 of our last 3 games, and even our Miami win (which was basically in line with expectation, I think this range is turning into a fair number for us.

Long story short -8.5 seems shocking (alluring) at first, but its who we are. Wouldn't be against Syracuse either, it just seems about right. :(

My quick math based on KP EM's was 7.5 (with a 3.5 Home Court), so it certainly starts in range. What is odd, in the last 2 games its gets pushed down (not in our favour).. I also seem to remember a swing to NC St as well.

I know a lot of people were questioning our #75-80ish KP (and NET) ranking because of margin impacts, as was I. But based on what we have done against FSU and BC in 2 of our last 3 games, and even our Miami win (which was basically in line with expectation, I think this range is turning into a fair number for us.

Long story short -8.5 seems shocking (alluring) at first, but its who we are. Wouldn't be against Syracuse either, it just seems about right. :(
I’d be surprised if it’s not double figures by half time. Our only hope is that Wake forgets to guard at times. Unfortunately, they can leave us unguarded on the perimeter and it won’t matter. Someone has to go off from three to give us a chance.

If you genuinely think we're going to win, you can make a killing. We are +300 moneyline.
Sprinkle . Not hammer. Wake isn’t that good. But we aren’t either. We probably lose but that spread is juicy

If you genuinely think we're going to win, you can make a killing. We are +300 moneyline.
25% to win outright. That would shock a lot of posters that think we have like a 10% chance to win today.

Up to -9 already at Caesar’s. Feels fictional. But this is where we are.
Lay it. The February collapse is upon us. Under .500 still in play.

Woo boy! That’s a lot of points. I think this is a game that will dictate whether we push toward the bubble or fall back to where the metrics expect we should end up.

Many of us can recall a time when no matter where our Orangemen went on the road, we usually expected victory. Even against really, really good teams, we always felt the possibility of victory. Even in what used to be considered a down year, road wins and competitiveness were expected.
The last few years, not so much, and my viewing interest has waned because of it.

Last edited:
SU and Wake are very similar: win at home, lose on the road. It looked like SU was going to change that at BC until JJ took that fall and the kids got spooked. I think maybe they get over the hump today on the road.

Last edited:
That is silly. We will be back. And probably sooner rather tha later.
I was being a little facetious but programs sometimes dont turn it around.
Georgetown
Temple
St. Johns
Indiana

No guarantee we are "back" to always being good. When is the next time you feel confident we have a consistent stretch of being a top 5 seed in the tournament basically every year ans very limited down years

25% to win outright. That would shock a lot of posters that think we have like a 10% chance to win today.
I'm seeing only 5% of the betting public are on Cuse moneyline now at +380. Even more appetizing.

Wake hasn't lost at home all season and has only had 2 close calls. I don't expect us to win but good luck to all of you who took us +300.

I'd like to think we are better than this, but probably not.
Small wager placed on Syracuse at 8.5. Optics and picking with my heart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom