Walking out of MSG vs. walking out of Greensboro Coliseum | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Walking out of MSG vs. walking out of Greensboro Coliseum

I miss a great number of things about the BET @ MSG.: I miss dealing with scalpers; getting to the Blarney early to look for tickets; the random and spontaneous LGO chants; the pulse of mid-town; 12 hours of the best college bball you can handle; being in my friend's box seats one session, then down with the crowd the next; scooping up tickets for tomorrow's games from today's losers; watching great players go nuts in non-SU games; just being in the MECCA of CBB with the best conference and most fierce rivalries in the sport, but they were family rivalries: we can disrespect our BE brethren, but I would root for any of them over other teams in the NCAA (well, maybe not GT, but you know what I mean).
Mostly, I miss the people I used to go with each year.
Edit:. My senior year of college, my parents offered to send me to Florida for spring break. Instead, I went to the first BET in MSG. I went with my former roommate, of whom I posted in regard to Kobe Bryant's demise. That event was, and is, part of who I am.

Indeed. We Syracuse fans paid an awful price for entry to the ACC. The Big East basketball tournament was once a very special event. I have been to the ACC tournament a few times. It is nice. But it is not and never will be the Big East tournament of yesteryear.

I miss it dearly.

The venue would matter if we ever played more than 1 game before going home.
It's become like a non-entity to me.

The basketball better be entertaining this year
I can't commit to an ACC tourney until we show we can win a couple of games. BET was easy because I could run down from my office for an afternoon game or on my way home for a night game then hop on NJTransit to go home. Plus, the other games were interesting because of the history. Seeing SU lose to Clemson or Pitt in the first game and following that with VaTech vs Wake or some such matchup is not attractive to me. I suppose I could go to Home Depot or Quincy 's (do they still have those?), but it's a lot of travel for that.

Indeed. We Syracuse fans paid an awful price for entry to the ACC. The Big East basketball tournament was once a very special event. I have been to the ACC tournament a few times. It is nice. But it is not and never will be the Big East tournament of yesteryear.

I miss it dearly.
I could always count on catching up with you at the Blarney (and NYC Fan) and just talking hoops. For some reason, you always stayed coherent, despite all the hours at a bar.;)

I live in Charlotte and the leaves are starting to bud on the trees. A lot of the flowering trees are in now in bloom. It feels like spring already

And yet I'm flying down there tomorrow for a wedding and there is snow in the forecast...

The tourney was fun in CLT last year. With the CIAA in it's final year there is an opening for a new "permanent" post season tournament in the Queen City.
Um, sorry but Cincinnati is The Queen City!

Um, sorry but Cincinnati is The Queen City!

Pretty easy to conclude who's the true "Queen City." Though, I can see why Cincy chooses to go with this over their other moniker, "Porkopolis." :)

A coworker and I had to go to Cincinnati for work a couple times, and decided it's official city motto should be: "Cincinnati: eh, it's OK I guess."

This shouldn’t be a discussion you can’t have D1 football and play in the NBE. If you want to nitpick and call uconn d1 that’s fine but there’s no difference between them and Umass football with a good FCS like Nova Coltgate it UNH.

It’s also very likely that football soon becomes a lot better than hoops ACC wide open after Clemson in FB and you don’t need to recruit like Bama to win. In hoops you might not outrexruit Duke but if you wanna win better be on par with Villanova. I could see next years hoops team looking like this years team did early with no Eli and not turning it around and then JB has another bad year and we whiff on the replacement.

A coworker and I had to go to Cincinnati for work a couple times, and decided it's official city motto should be: "Cincinnati: eh, it's OK I guess."

I guess you didn't run into Herb, Les and Johnny. Now those guys can show you a good time in Cincy.

I guess you didn't run into Herb, Les and Johnny. Now those guys can show you a good time in Cincy.
I'd rather run into
image.jpg

Yeah, but they must have at least 15 Bojangles in Greensboro.
Bojangles NC.jpg

If MSG is unavailable, I think it should be in DC every year. Every single ACC school has an alumni base in the area. Three major airports and rail access. Limitless bar/restaurant/entertainment options in-between games without needing to drive anywhere. Limitless hotel space.

A Capitol idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom