Want the good news?? | Syracusefan.com

Want the good news??

Jake

Mod
That should just about end all the Ennis to the NBA talk. He's. not there yet, wasn't there yet, and barring a miraculous offensive turnaround that gets us to Dallas, won't get there yet.

The dirty little secret is that the reason for the low turnover count is the lack of pace to his game. He needs seasoning and will get there...

Tyler is great but has some holes to his game. So yeah I would think he would be back. Depending what happens with the back, Grant might also return particularly if GMs have any suspicion it is a chronic problem.

But remember that the NBA drafts on potential. And some folks are now saying that maybe the draft isn't as deep as everyone thought it was. Part of it is that this has been probably the strangest year ever for college hoops.

That should just about end all the Ennis to the NBA talk. He's. not there yet, wasn't there yet, and barring a miraculous offensive turnaround that gets us to Dallas, won't get there yet.

The dirty little secret is that the reason for the low turnover count is the lack of pace to his game. He needs seasoning and will get there...
Totally agree. I love him, but he is not an NBA point guard. Not sure he will ever be, depends on how much explosiveness and strength he is able to add. And he is going to need to be a much better shooter

... The good news is we don't have to watch this team play the rest of the week.

My concern is that even if Grant and Ennis come back next year, we are not bringing in shooters until 2015. Our shooting woes won't go away.

Okay, my self-imposed lurking only policy starts now and will continue until some time t.b.a.

How much will the back injury affect Grant's decision too? I assume this might push him down the draft board a little if there's any doubt among execs. Hope Ennis does come back, learning to mix up the pace a bit more. More transition and finish as possible vs. predominantly half court offense.

There has been some games where he abuses the guy who guards him others where Ennis can't do much against his defender. That should say alot. On top of that he isn't ready to pull up over his guy from outside one on one yet, but he could develop that.

That = not ready to play in the nba yet.

Really I say the same for grant. Until he puts on some strength to prove he can drive from the high/mid post again, and smooths out his jumper alittle bit more. Hes not ready.

Hes a all low post scorer and its no longer off the drive. He adds a additional 2.3 ppg off a jumpshot, but thats not much.

Last edited:
Some of us have been saying this most of the season about both Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant.
They both need at least one more year.
First...let's hope Jerami gets healthy.

But remember that the NBA drafts on potential. And some folks are now saying that maybe the draft isn't as deep as everyone thought it was. Part of it is that this has been probably the strangest year ever for college hoops.
So potentially his back is a big risk to give someone millions only to not be able to play.

It's funny I saw MCW struggle even more than this last yeast at the same point in the season. This is becoming a pattern for JB coached teams. It's interesting until 5 games a to his lack of so called pace wasn't a problem. Sorry but I'm not buying it Last year SU had the same lack of pace. Are you also saying MCW needed more seasoning?

I think Tyler's only problem is that he's beat up and the the opposing coaches know how to defend JBs system

They both need to return. However, I doubt both return. Grant is gone-zo unless the back injury drops him out of the first round.

We're in serious trouble if TE, Grant and Rak all leave. I don't think Rak leaves but you never know.

It's funny I saw MCW struggle even more than this last yeast at the same point in the season. This is becoming a pattern for JB coached teams. It's interesting until 5 games a to his lack of so called pace wasn't a problem. Sorry but I'm not buying it Last year SU had the same lack of pace. Are you also saying MCW needed more seasoning?

I think Tyler's only problem is that he's beat up and the the opposing coaches know how to defend JBs system
MCW was a sophomore and was 5 inches taller. All the difference in the world when it comes to the draft.

The question is never "is he ready for the NBA"? The question is whether the NBA is ready for him. I doubt these games have materially affected his draft stock.
I think when they really go through tape though he will fall. He just isnt explosive. Still probably a first rounder though.

Ennis can't pull up over his man from the perimeter yet one on one, and isn't a great spot up shooter yet on top of it. But he knocked down a nice shot or two today.

I wouldnt count us out just yet there Jake.

Keep in mind we play to our opponent. And we have for just about 29 3/4 game now, Ill give you the last 10 min of UVA.

The good news is that we can still play with anyone. This game literally has no input to our final 4 chances.

The bad news is we can probably lose to anyone too though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom