Wardwell was benched | Syracusefan.com

Wardwell was benched

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Didn't start the second half and it was deserved, he was terrible. Lamo came in and was outstanding. We now have a goalie controversy.

dom is a good goalie. glad he got a shot again. I bet Desko starts Wardwell again next week though.

I think Lamo is the new starter, he made some ridiculous saves in the second half. I was a Wardwell guy but Lamo looked way better today, not even close.

Everybody has an off day.

I haven't seen the game yet, so I don't know just how bad it was. When it threatens to become a pattern then it's time to make a change. The season's too short to mess around.

It certainly turned out to be a good move. I feel bad for Wardwell, some of those bad-angled goals seemed less to do with bad positioning and simply Hopkins luck. Still can't figure how Stanwick tucked that ball in coming from behind goal-line extended on the left.

5 Big saves for lamo,Why SU Coaching staff is Tops, not afraid to use Young and will make necesssary changes to win......

Missed the game but glad that the coaches made the call to bring in Dom. I thought that they needed to make a change vs. Albany.

Hit send by mistake! I like both goalies just think you can spot when Wardwell is not seeing the ball well earlier. I hope that this doesn't effect ego. There are certainly games when he plays at a high level. Again, I did not see the game against Hopkins. It is nice to know that the coaches can go to try another goalie if needed.

I hate playing goalie roulette but Lamo was pretty tremendous down the stretch. Just hope we can find the guy and stick with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom