Cornell vs. Princeton | Syracusefan.com

Cornell vs. Princeton

SkyTopBus44

Starter
Anyone watching Cornell/Princeton on ESPNU? Very exciting finish to the first half. Cornell led by 6 and Princeton rallied to tie it with 1 second to go in half one. Not a bad watch for a lazy Sunday!

Anyone watching Cornell/Princeton on ESPNU? Very exciting finish to the first half. Cornell led by 6 and Princeton rallied to tie it with 1 second to go in half one. Not a bad watch for a lazy Sunday!
Cornell needs to wake up.. Princeton, starting to roll

I previously thought of Cornell as a 50/50 game. My takeaway is that if we come in healthy, this is a game where we could lose, but it is unlikely (like with Delaware). Same for Princeton if we to play them.

We've leveled-up.

True, but if they don’t win the requisite faceoffs Cornell can rack up goals. No time to get over confident!

Well, it doesnt matter if "we" get overconfident. ;) I think we look better than Cornell at every level. The only thing we dont have is a downhill dodging moose like Kelleher. I think we'll see a High Point like score.

True, but if they don’t win the requisite faceoffs Cornell can rack up goals. No time to get over confident!

Cornell can 100% fill it up with that offense. You wanna dominate at the X and keep coming at them in waves offensively. Defensively its still a major work in progress

Brutal end to the game for Princeton, hold for the last shot then turn it over at top of the box leading to Cornell fast break and pole goal.

Yup, their like SU last year, insanely talented but young in a lot of places. They make a lot of underclassmen type mistakes.

Well, it doesnt matter if "we" get overconfident. ;) I think we look better than Cornell at every level. The only thing we dont have is a downhill dodging moose like Kelleher. I think we'll see a High Point like score.

I certainly hope you are right. It is a mid week road game, coming off a trip to Chapel Hill. I still think that game against UNC is the most important of the year, but the Cornell game feels must win as well.

Definitely like SUs chances against the Big Red defense, especially the short sticks. Princeton wasn’t known for their midfield scoring and they put up a bulk of the scoring in this one.

The wild cards to me are goalie and faceoffs. SU should have a big edge, but it looks like Cornell is going with the frosh in net, and you never know how they’ll grow going forward. He made some nice late game saves against Princeton (but still finished below 50%).

Petrakis I feel like has been around since the Eisenhower administration. He certainly has struggled, but with faceoffs you never know, and he has a bunch of experience. Just two things to watch for.

Cornell D gets slide happy at times. They struggle with faceoffs at times.. Then suddenly they don't and they can score..

They are avg at goalie as well.

princeton has trouble clearing ball n lots of turnovers after long possessions. Goldstein def is a player and super fast can’t sleep on him. But cornell rides pretty hard or did in this game. No game from here on out cuse can take likely not even hobart. They def need unc n cornell games to be wins if don’t take 1-2 over acc guys. Will get chance weds to take 1. Hope guys arnt to beat up or sore and fresh for weds and feel game vs duke should been during weekend prime time. I hope we come out ready to play and hopefully mark has game like he just did. That def was his best game so far this year and need him to have another big day this weds. Not sure what matchups will be but feel dwan or cacameo have to be on o’neil and play very physical while not giving him an inch with ball or without.

Tully the frosh goalie was a highly touted recruit but it could mean nothing as the 2024 Cornell defense is awful. I mean maybe the worst I’ve seen from a blue blood school in years. They’re lucky they got the W today.

Perhaps that end of game zone is something we’ll see more of from them, who knows.

Cornell getting Goldstein is back. Having 4 key guys out including losing the FO guy before the Denver game hurt. PSU they were never in the game after the first.

I don't know that they were lucky yesterday. They had the lead, then couldn't get a FO for about 10 min and gave up 10. How often does that happen. Then they righted the ship and Princeton couldn't get any shots at all, but Cornell couldn't convert as they kept turning the Tigers over.

the EMO is killing Cornell right now, which is strange for a team that scores like they do.

Cornell got 5 goals from the 2 kids in their first game of the year. We will see where that leads.

I wonder how many times a team has allowed 10 goals in a row in a game they won? and in the Same game they scored 7 in a row and almost lost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom