Was it just me? | Syracusefan.com

Was it just me?

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
But it seamed like this years tournament was one of the best I can remember! No Kentucky or UConn them Both. Georgetown loseing in the first round. Two great Cindarella teams in FGCU and Wichta St, and of course we made the final four. Even know we didn't win it all I was very proud of this team we had a great year!

But it seamed like this years tournament was one of the best I can remember! No Kentucky or UConn them Both. Georgetown loseing in the first round. Two great Cindarella teams in FGCU and Wichta St, and of course we made the final four. Even know we didn't win it all I was very proud of this team we had a great year!

People can harp on he style of play. It was what is was. I thoroughly enjoyed this tournament and each and every round. Tons of upsets, some chalk and overall enjoyable games.

honestly i didnt think the games were very good, ALOT of blowouts. the 3 final four games were great, and obviously some great cinderella runs, but what were the truly memorable and classic games? kansas-michigan? any others?

I completely agree. Enjoyed this tournament very much. Interestingly, there was only one OT game (Kansas vs. Michigan) and I don't recall any true buzzer beaters. Craft's 3pt vs. Iowa St was close though.

But it seamed like this years tournament was one of the best I can remember!

There are only three that I can think of that even compare...... 2003, 1996 and 1987, maybe 1975 (but I don't have a real recollection of that year.)

honestly i didnt think the games were very good, ALOT of blowouts. the 3 final four games were great, and obviously some great cinderella runs, but what were the truly memorable and classic games? kansas-michigan? any others?

Agreed. A rather pedestrian tourney made tolerable by our fun run. Otherwise, no buzzer beaters, 1 OT game off the top of my head, and a million blowouts. I guess for those who could stomach to watch last nights game (I personally could not), it apparently ended on a high note which is great.

But overall, it was a brutally bad regular season topped with a boring tournament. But thankfully, the month of March was so much fun being a Syracuse fan that 2013 will always be one of the special ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom