was that a top 5 all time syracuse dunk? | Syracusefan.com

was that a top 5 all time syracuse dunk?

Never thought of it. Two other candidates would be the Warrick tea bag in the final four and the MCW steal and dunk vs #1 Louisville this year. What else you got?

I guess I was thinking not just impressive looking dunks but that combined with significance to the game or a big situation.

I guess I was thinking not just impressive looking dunks but that combined with significance to the game or a big situation.

No doubt. Two different categories most likely but the two you mentioned above are big time in that scenario.

My favorite Syracuse dunk vs GTown was Coleman against Alonzo down in DC...but Fairs will do. ;)

For entertainment value, I would say Johnny Flynn over Rosario

This definitely was the best dunk I saw in person in terms of style. Cuse fans owning the RAC, exploding and drowning out the Rutty fans, Fred Hills face turning Scarlet.

CJs dunk last night has to be up there in the top 3 of all time in terms of importance. No way was he taking a chance on missing another layup with points at a premium in OT. That is what "gamers" do. I just wish that MCW went to the tin at the end of regulation with the same intensity.

I'm thinking back over impressive dunks by Cuse players and realizing how spoiled we've been in recent history.

Hak was in a world of his own
28isphv.jpg

Wes had some dunks that defied gravity
Wesley%20Johnson%20dunk%20on%20Maine.jpg

Dion was nasty attacking the rim
images

Flynn could fly @ 6'0
images

CJ's dunk last night was amazing but the one on Zanna last year is one of my all time favorites
images

If you wanted to go back to the late 80s, Stevie Thompson had a few that would bring you out of your seat.

its top 3 all time for me.. even look where he took off from.. that was just nasty- VC like nasty.. wow .. and i fully expect cj ready to go cardinal hunting tonight

Forth had an "AND ONE" dunk late in the NC game which was huge and was the moment in that game where I first said to myself that we were going to win.

It was only #3 on top 10 plays.

Oladipos (#2) was more athletically impressive, but it was in the open court as part of a 4 on none break in a blowout game. Fairs was in traffic, late in an OT game and he got fouled by two different Hoyas to no-call.

As far as the chick from Wisconsin Whitewater (#1) first off it was two separate plays therefore disqualifying it in my mind from the top ten, secondly was essentially 2 uncontested jumpers. Alone, neither shot can compete with any of the rest of the top 10. It was an impressive feat no doubt, but irritates me to have her in the top slot.

Etan had a nasty one against BC where he switched hands that often gets forgotten.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

how about tony"red" bruin's baseline dunk where he flew over patrick ewing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom