Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we | Syracusefan.com

Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we

We need better offensive players.
It really is as simple as that. We need a smooth ball handler at the point. But most of all we need to expand our recruiting. It's lazy. Not that our coaches recruiting are lazy. They aren't. They work very hard. Our way we do business. Right now, our recruiting for 18/19 is going slow. Why? Because we don't know who will be staying. Who cares? Recruit the best guys you can get and expand that list to people that aren't that interested in you at the start. We should be thinking that Bazley will be gone after next year. OB as well. If they stay, so much the better. If they leave, be prepared.

It really is as simple as that. We need a smooth ball handler at the point. But most of all we need to expand our recruiting. It's lazy. Not that our coaches recruiting are lazy. They aren't. They work very hard. Our way we do business. Right now, our recruiting for 18/19 is going slow. Why? Because we don't know who will be staying. Who cares? Recruit the best guys you can get and expand that list to people that aren't that interested in you at the start. We should be thinking that Bazley will be gone after next year. OB as well. If they stay, so much the better. If they leave, be prepared.
Amen

We need better offensive players.

Reason for SU ineptitude: Differential diagnosis.

Need better players: Source: Coach's fault.
Need better system: Coach's fault.
Cant get good players due to prior sanctions: Coach's fault...second time he's been sanctioned by NCAA.
Combination of all factors above" Coach's fault.

That game was exciting but don't get too carried away with this Hop vs jb bullcrud.

The players miss and make shots. Washington shot well from deep. They're hot and cold from there this year (still better than us). 8/14 tonight (vs Arizona 2/12) and one of those was off the potential game winner that was blocked directly to the shooter. I'm not denying that I got crazy looks when I celebrated at the bar tonight but do we have anything close to a Dickerson? Let alone a Dominic Green off the bench?

Hop is making moves at UW... Hope that he is our first call when JB hangs it up

Phone rings

H: :This is Mike.

SU: This is SU AD (whoever, by that time) We would like you to replace Jim.

H: I make "X$". Will you pay me more.

SU:Umm no. We will pay you 1/2 X. But you are coming back to SU.

HH :What?

SU: Plus, you would not have to live in Seattle anymore. You can hunker down, in the snowiest city in America. Its only 4 hours outside of NYC, if you have any interest in that kind of thing.

H: I'm making my own legacy out here. I am my own man.

SU: Well, here you can carry on Jim's legacy, and forever be linked. Isn't that better? Plus, Syracuse, not Seattle.

H :Goodbye. Don't call again.

Hop’s a great story and he’s already proved he’s a better coach than what we saw two years ago. Having said that, he would not have had such immediate success in the ACC.
Hop doesn't even at his own players yet at UDub.

They were 9-22 last year, 2-16 in the PAC12 and had the #1 draft pick. This year they're 17-6 and 7-3 in conference, with a roster that appears to be less talented overall.

No coach would be coaching up this Syracuse team. I wouldn’t say it’s the worst collection of talent but it’s close to the worst team. you’re trotting out there Howard, Battle, Chukwu who hasn’t played in two years and 5 freshman until one got hurt so now it’s 4. There’s literally only 3 guys who can score and Brissett has hit a freshman wall. Sadibe counted above is half a player with his injury. Worst offensive outing in the dome is because nobody can score. Offensive sets or not. I mean how many bunnies do the guys miss?

So JB recruited these guys. Right, I get it. And the good players on the team left early and the sanctions have done exactly what they wanted them to do.

Teams are as good as their guards and our guards are pretty bad. Particularly in the leadership dept.

This was always a throw-a-way year.

Last edited:
Phone rings

H: :This is Mike.

SU: This is SU AD (whoever, by that time) We would like you to replace Jim.

H: I make "X$". Will you pay me more.

SU:Umm no. We will pay you 1/2 X. But you are coming back to SU.

HH :What?

SU: Plus, you would not have to live in Seattle anymore. You can hunker down, in the snowiest city in America. Its only 4 hours outside of NYC, if you have any interest in that kind of thing.

H: I'm making my own legacy out here. I am my own man.

SU: Well, here you can carry on Jim's legacy, and forever be linked. Isn't that better? Plus, Syracuse, not Seattle.

H :Goodbye. Don't call again.
The pitch will be come back and help rebuild a program to national prominence. 81 reconstruction will be complete along with a newly refurbished dome, hopefully. But the wildcard is Mrs Hop. Isn’t she from the East coast? Where’s her family from?

The Hopkins takes are definitely the hottest ones, which is quite an accomplishment these days.

I do agree he’s not coming back here.

No coach would be coaching up this Syracuse team. I wouldn’t say it’s the worst collection of talent but it’s close to the worst team. you’re trotting out there Howard, Battle, Chukwu who hasn’t played in two years and 5 freshman until one got hurt so now it’s 4. There’s literally only 3 guys who can score and Brissett has hit a freshman wall. Sadibe counted above is half a player with his injury. Worst offensive outing in the dome is cause nobody can score. Offensive sets or not. I mean how many bunnies do the guys miss?

So JB recruited these guys. Right. And the good players on the team left early and the sanctions have done exactly what they wanted them to do.

Teams are as good as their guards and our guards are pretty bad. Particularly in the leadership dept.

This was always a throw-a-way year.
Ok so what about last year? That roster should have been top 10 .

Ok so what about last year? That roster should have been top 10 .

Based on what? Our pre-season imaginations about how good some guys we’d never seen play would be?

If we could’ve subbed like hockey every time down the floor and had certain guys only play offense and certain guys only play defense, maybe we could’ve been top 10. We had too many one dimensional guys on that team. Coleman and Chukwu’s season ending injuries certainly didn’t help either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom