Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we

Stevie Thompson Jr. just did the same to Washington last night in double OT.

I watched the 2nd half of that game last night. Boy, those refs were atrocious. The game should've never went to a first OT. Thompson drove the lane with about 1:40 left in regulation, scored and should've been an and 1. OSU should've been up 6 at that point and shooting an FT to go up 7. It was a horrible charge call against Thompson (per the replay). Then on the ensuing UW possession, Dickerson simply slipped and fell in the lane while making a move. It clearly should've been a travel/turnover, instead, ref blew the whistle calling a foul on OSU pivot guy. The replay there showed again just a blatantly bad call. OSU's coach was going ballistic, and rightfully so. Dickerson made his 2 ft's and it was now a one possession, 2 point game around the 1:15 mark...

welp Washington lost again over the weekend. This time to 13-11 Oregon State.

Eeek I watched the game in bits and pieces on Saturday night with no sound as I was out. My take away is that neither team looked very good. Tinkle/Thompson for the Beavers looked decent but wow the Pac12 is brutal to watch (yes I have watched Arizona/UCLA/AZ St all play).

welp Washington lost again over the weekend. This time to 13-11 Oregon State.
I know. What a turnaround by Hop. UW loses to a team that has already won 5 more games than UW did all of last year and people mention it. Really shows how he has raised the expectations there.

Eeek I watched the game in bits and pieces on Saturday night with no sound as I was out. My take away is that neither team looked very good. Tinkle/Thompson for the Beavers looked decent but wow the Pac12 is brutal to watch (yes I have watched Arizona/UCLA/AZ St all play).
Tinkle had 29 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists. 12 of 22 from the field. He did alright.

I know. What a turnaround by Hop. UW loses to a team that has already won 5 more games than UW did all of last year and people mention it. Really shows how he has raised the expectations there.

It's crazy how fast you can change expectations with what he's done there.

At the end of the day, they could lose out and have a better record than what was expected

Tinkle had 29 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists. 12 of 22 from the field. He did alright.
Like I said...I was out with no sound at a bar so i had no idea what the stats were. Tough to follow along at a bar with no volume. Bad loss for UW

It's crazy how fast you can change expectations with what he's done there.

At the end of the day, they could lose out and have a better record than what was expected
They only won 2 conference games last year. Someone on a broadcast said that was the lowest total in the history of the conference. I'm not sure if that is true as I didn't follow the conference until this year. They are most likely going to win more conference games than they won total games last year. On local sports radio they were interviewing a kid (I think it was Thybulle) and he said when the players were talking to each other right after Hopkins was hired there was talk about if we stay under Hop and are a 500 team that would be a huge step forward and we could be part of rebuilding the program. The host then asked if anyone was dreaming about the idea UW could be a top 5 team in the conference. The kid laughed and said no.

They only won 2 conference games last year. Someone on a broadcast said that was the lowest total in the history of the conference. I'm not sure if that is true as I didn't follow the conference until this year. They are most likely going to win more conference games than they won total games last year. On local sports radio they were interviewing a kid (I think it was Thybulle) and he said when the players were talking to each other right after Hopkins was hired there was talk about if we stay under Hop and are a 500 team that would be a huge step forward and we could be part of rebuilding the program. The host then asked if anyone was dreaming about the idea UW could be a top 5 team in the conference. The kid laughed and said no.
hope you'd acknowledge some of this having to do w Romar being a horrendous coach

hope you'd acknowledge some of this having to do w Romar being a horrendous coach
Romar is terrible. I had thought he deserved to be fired for at least 5-6 years before he did. I personally know people who had friends that worked for him and had access to stories the average fan wouldn't. This was constantly used against me with my friends who are alumni every time I asked how he had a job. It really is amazing he held on for as long as he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom