Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we

In Hopkins post-game interview after Arizona, he said he hadn't talked to Boeheim since the Belmont game early in the season. He kind of paused when talking about it like it was uncomfortable to say. Seemed a little odd when I thought they probably talked pretty frequently. Thoughts?
I think he actually said 3 days before the Belmont game so before the season started. I was going to post this because Hop said Boeheim focuses on his team during the season and really doesn’t even recruit which is probably true but drives me insane. That was his reason they haven’t talked. I know the times I’ve talked with Hop while they have been shorter he has talked about Red, Griff, J Hart but not Boeheim at much length which seemed strange to me.

Dawgs take a lead wit National player of the week Dickerson taking a breather.
. ducks by three now.

There is perhaps no good team with a bigger disconnect between it's results and its KP or other power systems. Coming into tonight Washington was #89 in KenPom despite their record. Based on their efficiency and current record, they are considered the second luckiest team in the NCAA.

This can be seen in the fact that they were 9 point dogs tonight at Oregon.. (although there had to be another factor - injuries?).

At the end of the day actual W-L records trumps your power rankings. But it may not be more predictive.

They were flat out awful tonight. I still maintain that Hop is doing it with smoke and mirrors.

I think we can now safely believe that the conversation between Hop and JB did not happen prior to their win against Kansas. It actually happened this morning. I heard from a close source that JB instructed Hop to not run any plays. The final score is pretty much proof. Anyone who disagrees needs to take off their orange-colored panties.

On a serious note, Hop is awesome. I didn't get to see the game tonight but they're in fourth place! And...their schedule the rest of the way is looking good. I'm talking 25 wins good. Who's with me? Hope they make the tournament and I can go see them.

I think we can now safely believe that the conversation between Hop and JB did not happen prior to their win against Kansas. It actually happened this morning. I heard from a close source that JB instructed Hop to not run any plays. The final score is pretty much proof. Anyone who disagrees needs to take off their orange-colored panties.

On a serious note, Hop is awesome. I didn't get to see the game tonight but they're in fourth place! And...their schedule the rest of the way is looking good. I'm talking 25 wins good. Who's with me? Hope they make the tournament and I can go see them.

He’s had a great year but this board would have exploded in anger if we lost 65-40 against another bubble team.

They did not play well tonight but they were down 10 with 4-5 minutes to go and they drove the lane in transition 3 times and I felt got fouled every time but it wasn't called. More like 50/50 calls but then Oregon scored going the other way and it was over. The final score is not reflective of the game which was reasonably close the whole way 8-12 points or so. They weren't not down 20 some points the whole way. The reality is if they don't get good offensive games from Dickerson and Nowell it is really hard for them to win. Nowell was like 4 for 16 last night or something and Oregon did a really good job of pressuring the person trying to get the ball to Dickerson on the block and then helping if he did get it. This was their toughest remaining game. They could easily win 5 of their last 8. They are done with both Arizona schools and both So Cal schools. Even if they just win half of them they will have 21 wins going into the PAC 12 tourney.

It’s fun celebrating someone’s win and not stressing their losses.
I wish I could live that way. I'm all in or I'm all out. There is no in between with me. I love Syracuse basketball and I love Coach Hop and I'm in and I'm mad when they lose just like I'm mad when we don't play well. I'm Syracuse basketball first obviously but I don't watch their games and just say whatever they are losing.

They were flat out awful tonight. I still maintain that Hop is doing it with smoke and mirrors.

Awful is being kind. They were unwatchable and Oregon does not look very good this year. I was glad I was able to watch on FS1 but I had a hard time making it thru the 2nd half. The Pac 12 aka Bill Walton's Conference of Champions looks to be having a down year.

Awful is being kind. They were unwatchable and Oregon does not look very good this year. I was glad I was able to watch on FS1 but I had a hard time making it thru the 2nd half. The Pac 12 aka Bill Walton's Conference of Champions looks to be having a down year.
I have a hard time gauging what awful is having watched Syracuse play Pitt twice and play ND at home.

I have a hard time gauging what awful is having watched Syracuse play Pitt twice and play ND at home.

As horrible as those games were, we at least (barely) scored more than 40 points.

I'm not even comparing them to Syracuse. The UW team playing last night would lose to Pitt and be blown out by ND.

I was excited to watch them play and pulling for them as most of their games are not on Direct TV (no Pac12 network). They were beyond brutal. They would not beat any ACC team or 75% of the cupcakes we played in OOC schedule playing like that.

Hoping they rebound and win their next game.

I love the way the Pac-12 does its schedule. It's the only conference that makes sense.

I'm not even comparing them to Syracuse. The UW team playing last night would lose to Pitt and be blown out by ND.

I was excited to watch them play and pulling for them as most of their games are not on Direct TV (no Pac12 network). They were beyond brutal. They would not beat any ACC team or 75% of the cupcakes we played in OOC schedule playing like that.

Hoping they rebound and win their next game.
They have had some clunkers this year. I would say this game, V Tech and Zaga are the 3 worst games they have played. I don't like taking the worst a team has played and then assume that is how they play every game and broaden it out to another teams league. They have been much better than this for the better part of a month. Pitt is not good and neither is G Tech or ND without their best player. I think UW could beat all of those teams. I'm sorry you haven't seen more of their games as they are a fun team to watch most of the time.

I wish I could live that way. I'm all in or I'm all out. There is no in between with me. I love Syracuse basketball and I love Coach Hop and I'm in and I'm mad when they lose just like I'm mad when we don't play well. I'm Syracuse basketball first obviously but I don't watch their games and just say whatever they are losing.
What?You just say whatever they’re losing and you don’t watch their games? Seriously

What?You just say whatever they’re losing and you don’t watch their games? Seriously
Sorry that was an autocorrect thing. I have watched every single UW and Syracuse game this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom