Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Washington beats Arizona at the buzzer. Why can't we

You do realize we lost to Kansas by 16? Our coaches couldn't figure them out, and yet their advice was the reason Washington won by 9?

If my buddy was after a chick and failed trying to pick her up, think I'd listen to his advice when I walked up after he did?

Realistically Hop watched the Syracuse Kansas game and came away with just as much as the coaches on the Syracuse sideline did.

Nobody moves to Seattle to stare at a mountain or ride a fancy elevator. And last I checked water is water. People relocate for career opportunities and that is why Hop left. Hop invested almost 30 years of life in Syracuse. His wife is from syracuse. And the syracuse brand has a lot more history than where he is now. There’s always a chance.

From what I have heard, I do not expect him to come back to SU. Things could obviously change, but if its the same administration in place when Boeheim is done, I wouldn't count on it.

From what I have heard, I do not expect him to come back to SU. Things could obviously change, but if its the same administration in place when Boeheim is done, I wouldn't count on it.

I'm pulling for Hop. I'll be curious to see if he can have sustained success at UW. Good thing for him is that I'm sure there is much less pressure at UW than he would have at Cuse following JB. It stinks that a good amount of their games are on Pac12 network which it seems that Direct TV does not even carry.

I'm pulling for Hop. I'll be curious to see if he can have sustained success at UW. Good thing for him is that I'm sure there is much less pressure at UW than he would have at Cuse following JB. It stinks that a good amount of their games are on Pac12 network which it seems that Direct TV does not even carry.

I have Cox so I got the extended sports package with PAC12Network. I end up watching all the games on my iPad.

I'm hoping he has sustained success as well. I'm happy for his start but one good half-season is not the same as a great career. I'm not betting against him though ;)

I get the Pac12 network on Spectrum but not in HD so it's kind of like watching tv in the early 80s

I have Cox so I got the extended sports package with PAC12Network. I end up watching all the games on my iPad.

I'm hoping he has sustained success as well. I'm happy for his start but one good half-season is not the same as a great career. I'm not betting against him though ;)

Yeah a couple of NCAA births early could really go a long way there towards building long term success and a path towards bigger and better things..

Green's shot at the end of the game elated the crowd and created one of those moments that makes college basketball great. I hope the best for Hopkins and UW. He has them believing and their schedule for the remainder of the season is easier than the segment they just finished. We're decimated and trending downward, but at least we can be cheered by Mike's success. I think JB is facing a lot of adversity and may have to wait a year to get back to the NCAA's, but Hopkins' chances look pretty good. They're both like family to me so I can't see them as competitors. I want JB to go out with a flourish and want Mike to show that he's a great coach in his own right. Why not?

Green's shot at the end of the game elated the crowd and created one of those moments that makes college basketball great. I hope the best for Hopkins and UW. He has them believing and their schedule for the remainder of the season is easier than the segment they just finished. We're decimated and trending downward, but at least we can be cheered by Mike's success. I think JB is facing a lot of adversity and may have to wait a year to get back to the NCAA's, but Hopkins' chances look pretty good. They're both like family to me so I can't see them as competitors. I want JB to go out with a flourish and want Mike to show that he's a great coach in his own right. Why not?

Agree. Those last 2 wins for UW were Fucillo huuuge.

JB usually does his best coaching work when his back is against the wall. I'm curious to see how they respond down the stretch for the rest of the season.

It'll take at least a few months of fresh summer air for the waft of old man smell to clear out of the offices before Hop can safely enter. ;)

In all seriousness, though, it's a good bet that Wildhack and Syverud will have moved on 5 years from now. The long tenures of Jake and Buzz seem to be a generational thing.

No coach would be coaching up this Syracuse team. I wouldn’t say it’s the worst collection of talent but it’s close to the worst team. you’re trotting out there Howard, Battle, Chukwu who hasn’t played in two years and 5 freshman until one got hurt so now it’s 4. There’s literally only 3 guys who can score and Brissett has hit a freshman wall. Sadibe counted above is half a player with his injury. Worst offensive outing in the dome is because nobody can score. Offensive sets or not. I mean how many bunnies do the guys miss?

So JB recruited these guys. Right, I get it. And the good players on the team left early and the sanctions have done exactly what they wanted them to do.

Teams are as good as their guards and our guards are pretty bad. Particularly in the leadership dept.

This was always a throw-a-way year.

Considering all you have said, actually not doing to bad for a throwaway year. We are use to better, and that is a big problem for us fans.

Considering all you have said, actually not doing to bad for a throwaway year. We are use to better, and that is a big problem for us fans.

People forget that 8-10 months ago everyone knew and expected this year to be bad.

But no 16-8 isn’t bad for a throwaway year. What’s the remaining schedule look like

People forget that 8-10 months ago everyone knew and expected this year to be bad.

But no 16-8 isn’t bad for a throwaway year. What’s the remaining schedule look like

I think we have a max of four more wins, but a more likely 2-3, it would take major upsets and improved play to do any better. Our lack of depth will cause more and more problems moving forward.

Considering the 4 is our weakest position I think we would have 4-5 more wins if Lydon was here. It would open up things for Battle and Howard based upon his prescence alone.
Taurean would have helped tremendously, too. He’s a bucket getter. And I think the kid would have improved on defense a lot. Second year players for JB are always better on defense than they were as freshman.

Nobody moves to Seattle to stare at a mountain or ride a fancy elevator. And last I checked water is water. People relocate for career opportunities and that is why Hop left. Hop invested almost 30 years of life in Syracuse. His wife is from syracuse. And the syracuse brand has a lot more history than where he is now. There’s always a chance.
Water is water is where you lost credibility.

Water is water is where you lost credibility.
Have you been to Baltimore harbor? It’s worse than Onondaga lake. Unless you swim or fish what’s underneath is irrelevant. The shoreline real estate is more important. And our lake has improved significantly - not to sell any of the other finger lakes short.

In Hopkins post-game interview after Arizona, he said he hadn't talked to Boeheim since the Belmont game early in the season. He kind of paused when talking about it like it was uncomfortable to say. Seemed a little odd when I thought they probably talked pretty frequently. Thoughts?

Hop is a strong candidate for Pac-12 Coach of the Year

One cool part:

Rothstein said anyone assessing Hopkins must look at what he’s done to revamp the Huskies’ defensive approach.

“You look at what Washington is doing in Pac-12 play, all opponents are shooting less than 27 percent from 3 and that’s difficult to prepare for on a quick turnaround,” Rothstein said. “He’s also doing a good job of molding Matisse Thybulle and now he looks like one of those guys he’s had at Syracuse.”

Last edited:
In Hopkins post-game interview after Arizona, he said he hadn't talked to Boeheim since the Belmont game early in the season. He kind of paused when talking about it like it was uncomfortable to say. Seemed a little odd when I thought they probably talked pretty frequently. Thoughts?

Well, there goes the myth he couldn't beat Kansas without JBs HOF dust.

I wonder if our coaching staff called up fellow conference coach Jamie Dixon and gave him advice. Looks like they did.

TCU only down 2 to Kansas.

TCU now down 6... looks like the TCU staff stopped listening to us.

Except he talked to the assistants.

I must ask, would advice do you think Autry or Gmac gave Hop that Hop wouldn't have seen from film and pushed him to a victory?

I must ask, would advice do you think Autry or Gmac gave Hop that Hop wouldn't have seen from film and pushed him to a victory?
All that matters is Hop asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom