Washington Huskies | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

Again just want to point out that the 2008 team had three McDonalds All Americans and still went to the NIT and found a way to lose at home to Umass twice. And JB is still in the HOF.
Refresh my memory, who were the 3 McDonalds AA on that team?
Devo? im stumped on who else

Refresh my memory, who were the 3 McDonalds AA on that team?
Devo? im stumped on who else

Donte Greene, Flynn? Paul Harris. I’m guessing 2 of those 3. Tons of big recruits on that team...problem was there was like 7 healthy players on the team and they were almost all freshmen/sophomores. Rautins missed that year with an injury, and Devendorf went down for the season in December.

I remember hearing that Penders got Dick Vitale to tout him on national TV as a potential JB replacement the second the Fat Rob Johnson investigation started.

Yes that sounds familiar to me also.

Donte Greene, Flynn? Paul Harris. I’m guessing 2 of those 3. Tons of big recruits on that team...problem was there was like 7 healthy players on the team and they were almost all freshmen/sophomores. Rautins missed that year with an injury, and Devendorf went down for the season in December.
Yep, Green, Flynn and Devo plus Harris was in the Jordan Brand game. Lots of scoring talent but young and not great role players

Does Hop know how to work the refs?

Remember when JB spend a entire timeout ripping the Refs during the Virigina game?

We got a better whistle after that.

Hop's team lost this game on the offensive glass and the foul line.

When you have two 6'-9" guys foul out you're going to lose the rebounding foul shooting battle.

Neither Boeheim nor Hop have been great at constructing a roster recently. And if Carey is healthy, do we see as much of Girard as we have? Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you make your luck. A bit of both going on at SU this year. Hop had things fall into place for him the past two. Not so much this year.
Girard replaced Carey two games into the season. Carey could have played through injury but the thumb was an excuse to redshirt him so he doesn't lose the year and can transfer. Carey is a third guard. I love to see him bringing energy on the bench but I don't think he wants to be a third wheel at Cuse.

They just did that a few years ago with Fultz. It happens.

Hopkins won a lot of games with limited talent his first two years.

I wonder if those types of players are the ones he flourishes with? Scrappy like Mike was and coaching some "NBA" guys takes a different approach a lot of times.

I remember some times Boeheim had some issues getting Coleman motivated and he was sulky in his younger days. Once Boeheim had total power you could see the change in how he interacted with certain players and I think Mike will grow into a sort/type of that. Not as vile as Jim can be but still be stern when he needs to be.

I don't know...sometimes Mike seems like the players friend at times and could be possibly considered "easy?" This...from being/playing the "good cop bad cop" with Jim as the bad cop and I'm curious on how Mike will transform this. I know he will develop into a heck of a coach and continue to improve while learning to adjust to adversity and the grumbling of the Husky fan base and this year will be a great learning lesson for him.

I wonder if those types of players are the ones he flourishes with? Scrappy like Mike was and coaching some "NBA" guys takes a different approach a lot of times.

I remember some times Boeheim had some issues getting Coleman motivated and he was sulky in his younger days. Once Boeheim had total power you could see the change in how he interacted with certain players and I think Mike will grow into a sort/type of that. Not as vile as Jim can be but still be stern when he needs to be.

I don't know...sometimes Mike seems like the players friend at times and could be possibly considered "easy?" This...from being/playing the "good cop bad cop" with Jim as the bad cop and I'm curious on how Mike will transform this. I know he will develop into a heck of a coach and continue to improve while learning to adjust to adversity and the grumbling of the Husky fan base and this year will be a great learning lesson for him.

My impression from the outside:

McDaniels “could be” really, really good eventually but right now he’s not all that good. Like Cam Reddish with Duke last year. So while he was a huge recruit with huge potential who the NBA will like due to measurables and athleticism, he doesn’t do much for you in terms of winning basketball games today.

And their PG Greene is out.

When McDaniels played well and Greene was in the lineup, theyre probably a top 25 ish type team. With McDaniels struggling and Greene out - they really don’t have much.

Difference is they had higher expectations and aspirations for this season than SU. 3 McDonalds AA in that lineup (2 now that Qade is ineligible). I'm guessing the same people who continuously moan about JB's recruiting would be out with pitchforks if SU was underperforming at the same level as UW. It's a shame too because IW is a real talent and I'm assuming he will be in the NBA next year.

Some people here are taking real joy in their collapse which seems odd as Hop is still a SU guy. I'm guessing it's because the couple posters here who completely fawn over UW and Hop while taking cheap shots at Boeheim and SU.
(This isn’t @ you just replied from your post lol) Cus we root for Syracuse not Washington lol. Why the hell would I care about another teams success Over mine. I’m loving every second of that team not doing as good as us because of exactly what you said. The weirdos in here busting their loads over Washington when they landed IS, preseason, etc. oh and btw they already had like 4-5 by the time quade got ruled ineligible.

You guessed right. Greene & Flynn were both MAA's & played in the '07 game. Harris was not a MAA.

You guessed right. Greene & Flynn were both MAA's & played in the '07 game. Harris was not a MAA.

That’s right, I remember now. There was strong speculation that Harris’s off court troubles kept him from getting picked for the McDs game.

I bet on Washington tonight. Odds are too good for that talent.
Huskies are +310 to win ML.

I hit a small parlay of USC and Oklahoma State earlier.
Going for gravy with Washington, and Lakers/Baylor parlay.

yes, I think the Huskies rebound tonight with a solid road win. Feed Stewart and feed him some more.

Cuse!

I bet on Washington tonight. Odds are too good for that talent.
Huskies are +310 to win ML.

I hit a small parlay of USC and Oklahoma State earlier.
Going for gravy with Washington, and Lakers/Baylor parlay.
Colorado is one of the better teams at home in country (woooo altitude) but I like UDub to cover 8

Hop got T'd up. going berserk, Stewart restraining him, announcers saying it is spillover from officiating in Utah game

Claiming Stewart is getting mugged underneath but no call

Go Dawgs. Hop needs most of these down the stretch. Wish I would have seen the tech.

Jaden McDaniel makes a lot of bonehead plays for a guy projected to go as high as 5 in the draft.
...Huskies... Yikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom