Washington vs Kansas | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Washington vs Kansas

Maybe. Nah. And hell no.(assuming the money is equal).

Many people (such as myself) consider Texas and Florida a half step above hell as far as desirable places to live. Depends on your perspective.
Will we spend the necessary money after JB hangs 'em up??? SU has been spoiled by a hometown discount for more than 25 years.
That's my worry.

The best one is hardcorehusky.com
The basketball boards were dry but this win over Kansas has really fired up the basketball hawt talk. Everyone speaks their mind over there, it's glorious.
I hope after being here for a minute now, you can see that hardcorehusky has a lot of (how should I put it?) negative qualities.

I hope after being here for a minute now, you can see that hardcorehusky has a lot of (how should I put it?) negative qualities.
Do they even have people edit content. They have people referring to the AD’s breasts. I think the pay one is probably better but costs money

If Hop had ANY thoughts of returning to SU in 4-5 years, he would not have sold his Syracuse house, and bought one in Seattle. He would have rented the Syracuse one out, and rented one in Seattle. But he sold and bought.
Does not mean for sure that he will not return. But it was not part of the plan...
Darn. No Washington v ASU game here, only up there. I intended to go to that game. Guess next year he will be down here.

If Hop had ANY pre destined thoughts of returning to SU in 4-5 years, he would not have sold his Syracuse house, and bought one in Seattle. He would have rented the Syracuse one out, and rented one in Seattle. But he sold and bought.
Does not mean for sure that he will not return. But it was not part of the plan...
Darn. No Washington v ASU game here, only up there. I intended to go to that game. Guess next year he will be down here.

Is there a big rental market for higher-end homes in the Syracuse area? Especially over a 4-5 year period? I think it's more likely than not that he never returns, but I don't think him selling his house here would have any effect on that.

Is there a big rental market for higher-end homes in the Syracuse area? Especially over a 4-5 year period? I think it's more likely than not that he never returns, but I don't think him selling his house here would have any effect on that.
He could have just let it sit there. Has enough money to "give UW a try first" But was fast to sell and purchase...

He could have just let it sit there. Has enough money to "give UW a try first" But was fast to sell and purchase...

I suppose, but maybe he likes his neighbors enough to not have a vacant property in their neighborhood. Or he didn't want to deal with the hassle of owning property thousands of miles away and renting it out. Or maybe he realized he'll be making a good chunk of change more if he ever does come back and he'd just upgrade housing anyway. Either way, I still don't really think him selling his house in Syracuse has any bearing one way or another on if he returns.

Will we spend the necessary money after JB hangs 'em up??? SU has been spoiled by a hometown discount for more than 25 years.
That's my worry.

They should have a lot of money saved up then. We better pay up for our next coach!

That's why it is a good board. People can say things they normally can't, make cringy outlandish jokes, and screw around. It's like the revenge of the nerds over there. It's just basically a high school locker in all honesty. Some of the stuff posted is quite hilarious and taken in good jest

I disagree. If I'm a 4-star, 5-star why am I coming to Syracuse instead of UNC, Duke, Kentucky, etc.? The ONLY reason we compete with the schools for recruits is because of Boeheim.

And I might in fact be smoking something. Thats a very good guess on your part.
You might need a session with this guy:
F6DCAA74-BD6A-4076-A581-A16673932FBF.jpeg

You’re good enough. You’re smart enough. And doggone it, people like you!!

Last edited:
If Hop had ANY thoughts of returning to SU in 4-5 years, he would not have sold his Syracuse house, and bought one in Seattle. He would have rented the Syracuse one out, and rented one in Seattle. But he sold and bought.
The Seattle house market is a little different. His house here will probably go up in value more than the total value of his old house. In the last 3 1/2 years my house has gone up 350k in value

A friend of mine was referred to a couple that just Moved here from Syracuse and they told him their budget and wanted to see what that could get them. He did and the wife actually started crying during the meeting.

The Seattle house market is a little different. His house here will probably go up in value more than the total value of his old house. In the last 3 1/2 years my house has gone up 350k in value

In 10 years mine has gone up 1.2 mil.

I watched Washington play Providence early in the year and they looked like they had never played basketball before. I'm not exaggerating when I say that their guys struggled to dribble and catch passes. Against Kansas they looked like an actual D1 team. Hop deserves a ton of credit for that and I couldn't be happier for him. There isn't much talent on that roster. How many new coaches can say they surpassed the previous coaches win total before Christmas? Hop will probably be able to say that.

That said, the Kansas that lost to Washington was not the same Kansas we played. Their lobs which were perfectly on point against us sailed out of bounds against Washington. They missed 3's and free throws against Washington that they made against us. But what stood out mist of all was their defense. Kansas seemed to be playing in quicksand.

It really got me thinking. Are there times of the year when upsets are more likely to occur?

Kansas, Notre Dame, and Florida all looked like a shell of themselves. Same with Minnesota and George Tech. Even teams like Michigan State who won, looked terrible doing it.

It might just be the right time of year (just after the early season tournaments and just before finals/Christmas break) where for whatever reason good teams are prime for an upset.

It makes me feel a little better about the stinker SU put up against UConn. Several teams showed us that it could be a lot worse.

I watched Washington play Providence early in the year and they looked like they had never played basketball before. I'm not exaggerating when I say that their guys struggled to dribble and catch passes. Against Kansas they looked like an actual D1 team. Hop deserves a ton of credit for that and I couldn't be happier for him. There isn't much talent on that roster. How many new coaches can say they surpassed the previous coaches win total before Christmas? Hop will probably be able to say that.

That said, the Kansas that lost to Washington was not the same Kansas we played. Their lobs which were perfectly on point against us sailed out of bounds against Washington. They missed 3's and free throws against Washington that they made against us. But what stood out mist of all was their defense. Kansas seemed to be playing in quicksand.

It really got me thinking. Are there times of the year when upsets are more likely to occur?

Kansas, Notre Dame, and Florida all looked like a shell of themselves. Same with Minnesota and George Tech. Even teams like Michigan State who won, looked terrible doing it.

It might just be the right time of year (just after the early season tournaments and just before finals/Christmas break) where for whatever reason good teams are prime for an upset.

It makes me feel a little better about the stinker SU put up against UConn. Several teams showed us that it could be a lot worse.

They've improved tremendously since earlier in the season. I mean, they looked terrible early on. They beat D2 St. Martin's by just 2 in their exhibition game, but that was when Hop was playing mostly Romar's guys (his freshman are A LOT better than they were then and he's using them over several of the returning players).

Even so, this is really the first game where they put it all together. I mean, they struggled against Nebraska Omaha (one of the worst teams in D1) just 3 days before the Kansas game. Hop really doesn't have that much talent to work with to be honest.

They've improved tremendously since earlier in the season. I mean, they looked terrible early on. They beat D2 St. Martin's by just 2 in their exhibition game, but that was when Hop was playing mostly Romar's guys (his freshman are A LOT better than they were then and he's using them over several of the returning players).

Even so, this is really the first game where they put it all together. I mean, they struggled against Nebraska Omaha (one of the worst teams in D1) just 3 days before the Kansas game. Hop really doesn't have that much talent to work with to be honest.
Thybulle, Dickerson, Nowell , Crisp (kind of, and the other Freshmen (Naz Carter and Hameir Wright is going to be a total stud) are the only guys with talent.

hameir wright is the only player that does any thing that is hops player the rest are romar players. And Crucify me if i am wrong but I bet thybulle could be a starter at cuse

hameir wright is the only player that does any thing that is hops player the rest are romar players. And Crucify me if i am wrong but I bet thybulle could be a starter at cuse
Thybulle would probably start at the 3 for us. I think Carter will be a good player and would argue any player that was going there and hop convinced to stay and our freshman and never coached by Romar are hop guys. Nowell for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom