Washington vs Kansas | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Washington vs Kansas

Austin is awesome. Lots of great players from Houston and Dallas so Shaka can get players not too far away. Texas has always been a good program and a good school. Disputing that is crazy. Barnes had them hummimg for awhile but underacheived with early exits and only one F4 with tons of McD All-Americans. Shaka with his players will make them super tough soon, IMO.

Austin is awesome. Lots of great players from Houston and Dallas so Shaka can get players not too far away. Texas has always been a good program and a good school. Disputing that is crazy. Barnes had them hummimg for awhile but underacheived with early exits and only one F4 with tons of McD All-Americans. Shaka with his players will make them super tough soon, IMO.

Top 25ish program. They aren’t Cuse.

Yeah, but it's in TX.

Eh, so what. I’ve spent probably three weeks all over Dallas the past six months and I can tell you that it is a fun and cool city. BIG. Has everything. Infrastructure is amazing there. Nice people. The food from high end to ethnic gems is off the charts good. The area around SMU is like Beverly Hills/Westwood/UCLA-ish.

Yeah the old location argument is one of the lamest imo. And that's for D1 sports as well as pro.

Eh, so what. I’ve spent probably three weeks all over Dallas the past six months and I can tell you that it is a fun and cool city. BIG. Has everything. Infrastructure is amazing there. Nice people. The food from high end to ethnic gems is off the charts good. The area around SMU is like Beverly Hills/Westwood/UCLA-ish.
My opinion is just that. You like it, I don't.

My opinion is just that. You like it, I don't.

So you’ve actually spent time there? I totally agree about the locale argument, btw. Irrelevant for pro or college. They also have a good light rail line (DART) that takes you pretty much anywhere. Much better setup than Houston.

So you’ve actually spent time there? I totally agree about the locale argument, btw. Irrelevant for pro or college. They also have a good light rail line (DART) that takes you pretty much anywhere. Much better setup than Houston.
Yes. I spent a few months there, I have a couple ex's from there ( yeah I know), and have many friends from all different parts. Being in CO half this dam state is Texans now. I'm fully aware of all things TX. Not a fan.

Yes. I spent a few months there, I have a couple ex's from there ( yeah I know), and have many friends from all different parts. Being in CO half this dam state is Texans now. I'm fully aware of all things TX. Not a fan.

I had an ex from Texas. Turned me off of the state for good. I think about Texas and I think of her crazy ass.

I'll tell you why I root for Hop to do well. Boeheim is gone in 4 seasons (after this one), he's staying to coach his kid and then riding off into the sunset.

After that SU will need a good coach, and don't kid yourselves, Syracuse, NY is not a 'destination' job. The attraction for players right now is the HOF coach. Once he's gone, there ain't much left to really attract those top players. An up and coming coach may want to come to Syracuse because of the facilities and the tradition but once they make a name for themselves they'll be gone. We'll be a stepping stone job and nobody wants that.

Now Hopkins would be the kind of guy that would come and stay. So if he does really well and has success at Washington then he will have shown that hes a good head coach AND a guy that would come to Syracuse and STAY at Syracuse.
You out of yo mind. Cuse ain’t no stepping stone job. We have an iconic arena, great facilities, tradition and one of the best fan bases in the country. JB built Cuse into an elite national program. It’s now been an established brand for many decades and has enough history and winning tradition for the next guy (hopefully Hop) to continue that tradition. 6 Final Fours is more than any other program in the Northeast/mid-Atlantic including UConn, Nova, Gtown, St. John’s, Maryland, etc. Don't go crazy, son.

I disagree. If I'm a 4-star, 5-star why am I coming to Syracuse instead of UNC, Duke, Kentucky, etc.? The ONLY reason we compete with the schools for recruits is because of Boeheim.

And I might in fact be smoking something. Thats a very good guess on your part.
So how did JB get all those good and great recruits back in the 70s and 80s when he wasn’t an established HOF coach? I grew up in Syracuse at a time when many national pundits (who were idiots) didn’t respect JB’s coaching and he wasn’t even close to the HOF. Spare me your nonsense. We are an elite program (not on the level of Duke and UK, but def top 10) and will be after JB retires.

th

Texas has tremendous facilities and can’t even get their football program right. Terrible example. Also a terrible conference.

If location was everything Michigan State wouldn’t be good either.
This.

There was nothing, but in the meantime Duke is a top-echelon school. You can't get better in terms of academics and reputation. Also K has won what 5 NCs? that transcends the coach and says that 'school' is a perennial championship contender. I'm telling you, it makes a difference. Also Raleigh-Durham is a more desireable place to live than Syracuse.
Not quite true.
In the 60s, Vic Bubas coached Duke to two Final Fours in the Wooden days. I'm familiar with this because my wife's classmate in high school was the team captain in one of those years.
True that Duke basketball never started to reach current promise until the early 90s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom