Watched the Game twice and... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Watched the Game twice and...

Pick a team...when was their last solid 40 minute effort? So now we have to play all 40 minutes of solid basketball? Is that what we have become as a fan base is to now be that nit picky?

I don't know why this question is so hard for you to answer, but I'll ask again: when is the last time SU played a solid 40 minute game?

Is wanting your team to play solid, fundmentally sound, basketball unreasonable (especially against mediocre competition)?

You can bury your head in the sand if you want, but it's pretty clear that this team hasn't played a solid all-around game in a few weeks. Hopefully, they'll right the ship quickly.

Believe me I am not thrilled with these past few games but for people to push the panic button now is just silly.
Anyone who pushes the panic button on a talented team in December is an idiot.

I'll push panic button in the NCAAT if we're trailing by more than two possessions and there's under 10 seconds left in the game.

I don't know why this question is so hard for you to answer, but I'll ask again: when is the last time SU played a solid 40 minute game?

Is wanting your team to play solid, fundmentally sound, basketball unreasonable (especially against mediocre competition)?

You can bury your head in the sand if you want, but it's pretty clear that this team hasn't played a solid all-around game in a few weeks. Hopefully, they'll right the ship quickly.

We didnt play a solid 40 minutes against kansas in the title game. Name me a team that has played a solid 40 minutes this season. If your expetations are you need to see a solid 40 minutes to feel comfortable then i suggest you lower your standards.

We didnt play a solid 40 minutes against kansas in the title game. Name me a team that has played a solid 40 minutes this season. If your expetations are you need to see a solid 40 minutes to feel comfortable then i suggest you lower your standards.

Are you saying that there's not a team in the country that's played a solid 40-minute game this year?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a solid 40-minute effort against the mighty Alcorn State Shitbirds.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your team to not allow 2 guys to go off for their career highs against you in the same game.

But, maybe my standards are too high.

Are you saying that there's not a team in the country that's played a solid 40-minute game this year?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a solid 40-minute effort against the mighty Alcorn State Shitbirds.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your team to not allow 2 guys to go off for their career highs against you in the same game.

But, maybe my standards are too high.

Well that depends on what you consider a solid 40 minute effort. I would think that at times even the best teams mail it in when their 40 point leads get reduced to 27 in the last 5 minutes.

My standards are wins not point spreads.

a couple of consistent outside threats would solve a lot of woes. southerland is streaky and the others just plain woeful.

My standards are wins not point spreads.

So I guess that, per your standards, SU played like crap when they lost to OSU last year, UK in the '96 Title Game, and Duke in the '98 S16?

a couple of consistent outside threats would solve a lot of woes. southerland is streaky and the others just plain woeful.

yep. Some inside presence would also be nice.

you know i can't think of a single D1 team i'd trade centers with. go ahead .raxmas,the mooseman and dc2 for whom?

So I guess that, per your standards, SU played like crap when they lost to OSU last year, UK in the '96 Title Game, and Duke in the '98 S16?

So you were not happy then with our performances vs okie state in 2003 then?

So you were not happy then with our performances vs okie state in 2003 then?

I wasn't happy about the 17-pt hole, but I was very happy with the victory. Then again, at that point, all I was worried about was the S16 game.

There wasn't 20+ games left on schedule.

Big underdogs i know but we got JOBBED against kentucky. keith smart i can live with but the refs gave UK that win.

A solid 40 minutes from the team right now is a foolish arguement. JB is working on gettting players the minutes they need to improve so the team can do better in conference and NCAA. You are not going to see 40 minutes of solid BB under those circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom