Watching the PA AG presser - Wow | Syracusefan.com

Watching the PA AG presser - Wow

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
As part of his retirement package he had unlimited access to the football facilities and locker rooms. They are asking for others that may have more info to still come forward.

1998 Sandusky admitted inappropriate touching of a minor...yet nothing happened. No police called.

2000 A janitor witnessed it in a locker room. No police called.

PSU swept everything under the carpet.

Joe Pa knew nothing?

Several incidences reported to various PSU people but nobody ever called police over the years.

2002 instance was with a 10 year old that has not been identified so that means that there were at least 9 victims.

Is there anything the NCAA can do about this? This is so beyond the realm of anything that is acceptable.

Institutionalized child abuse at a major university.

This is obscene.

Joe Pa is not getting clear of this. Every other question has been "what did Joe know and when?" He needs to step down immediately.

You could tell the AG wants to blast Paterno. But like she has told questioners, they can only access legal issues and the people that have been charged so far broke the law. She was unable to comment on moral and ethical issues.

Joe Pa is not getting clear of this. Every other question has been "what did Joe know and when?" He needs to step down immediately.

If penn state had any moral compass it would fire paterno. He doesn't deserve the dignity of ending it on even superficially his own terms.

This is the worst scandal to hit college athletics. Only thing that comes close is Dave Bliss at Baylor.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If this has been going on since at least 1994 and there were times that someone went to the University in 1996 (while on Paterno's staff) and then in 1998 (while on Paterno's staff) and then the guy retires in 1999 yet is given unlimited access to the facilities, are we suppose to believe that NOBODY every told the freakin head football coach that one of his assistants was involved with this stuff...not until 2002? And then Paterno thought telling Curley was good enough? Like the AG said, in every single case somebody should have been dialing 911. Paterno is one big ahole to come across ignorant and claim he knew nothing until 2002 and then he did his job and told Curley. What a disgusting human being he is along with the whole bunch of them. I am sure everyone on that staff had suspicions. These guys spend 20 hrs/day together in season. Like others have said, the feds should get involved, the NCAA should get involved and the B10 should get involved. We aren't talking illegal recruiting or kids smoking pot or getting free tats. 9 and mostly likely more young kids have been tarnished for life.

Paterno appears to be a stubborn guy. I doubt that he goes easily, but I know a few avid Penn State football fans and they are unanimous that JoeP has to go.

If they're any indication of the rest of the their fan base, he's a goner.

You could tell the AG wants to blast Paterno. But like she has told questioners, they can only access legal issues and the people that have been charged so far broke the law. She was unable to comment on moral and ethical issues.

Are they saying Paterno didn't break the law? If they can prove that he knew about it, wouldn't that warrant charges?

"Multiple incidences and eyewitness accounts and police were never called."

Investigation was broken by a some local school district and one of their students.

Are they saying Paterno didn't break the law? If they can prove that he knew about it, wouldn't that warrant charges?

Evidence they have right now says only Sandusky, Curley and Schultz broke the law.

If penn state had any moral compass it would fire paterno. He doesn't deserve the dignity of ending it on even superficially his own terms.

Woody Hayes was terminated immediately thereafter the incident with the Clemson player during their bowl game. This is exponentially worse.

Paterno knew, and simply informing the AD does nothing to clear him of responsibility.

Everyone involved with that program that knew of this and didn't report it to the authorities should face the consequences.

Going to task everyone on this..whether it be WW11 and "just following orders" to the Catholic Church and its sexual problems to America and its racial problems; to the moral fiber of a person or country or religion or whatever...who is guilty...and why...seems that a cover-up touches all involved...this is called plausible deniability...governments use it; religions use it; corporations use it...and now universities use it...if you do not have evidence that you believe can be confirmed...then that evidence does not exist...is Joe Pa quilty...perhaps directly no--but he is the captain of the ship...and the captain goes down when the ship is sunk...

If this has been going on since at least 1994 and there were times that someone went to the University in 1996 (while on Paterno's staff) and then in 1998 (while on Paterno's staff) and then the guy retires in 1999 yet is given unlimited access to the facilities, are we suppose to believe that NOBODY every told the freakin head football coach that one of his assistants was involved with this stuff...not until 2002? And then Paterno thought telling Curley was good enough? Like the AG said, in every single case somebody should have been dialing 911. Paterno is one big ahole to come across ignorant and claim he knew nothing until 2002 and then he did his job and told Curley. What a disgusting human being he is along with the whole bunch of them. I am sure everyone on that staff had suspicions. These guys spend 20 hrs/day together in season. Like others have said, the feds should get involved, the NCAA should get involved and the B10 should get involved. We aren't talking illegal recruiting or kids smoking pot or getting free tats. 9 and mostly likely more young kids have been tarnished for life.

TPTB at Penn State knew what Sandusky was up to with these kids. At the very least, they had suspicions. Instead of dealing with this the right way, they let the guy "retire" and gave him keys to the facilities. Joe Pa's statement saying that essentially .."oh, he fooled us all" is complete nonsense. The only thing Joe Pa cares about is remaining the head coach at all costs. So I think he turned a blind eye to this like the rest of them. His ostrich act now is completely transparent. The moral and ethical failure of allowing this scum to victimize other children to protect the university and your place as it's prestigious football coach is mind boggling.

Prediction: this is Paterno's last season as head coach. No chance he lasts after this. This will get ugly for PSU, and they will want to move on from it as fast as they can. You will see a top down cleansing.

Evidence they have right now says only Sandusky, Curley and Schultz broke the law.

How could that be? The graduate assistant who went to Paterno in 2002 must have told him enough that he should have been on the phone too. That GA and his father could take down Paterno (unless of course they have been coerced into playing along to save JoePa's ass).

Pete, the GA has built himself a nice little career in Happy Valley; he's remained on the staff ever since and is the current WR coach/recruiting coordinator. I think a lot of people played along and probably got ahead in return.

What I can't understand is why they continued to protect this guy or not turn him in after he retired... unless there were a lot of people who covered it up knowing the national storm this would cause. Very sad day.

What I can't understand is why they continued to protect this guy or not turn him in after he retired... unless there were a lot of people who covered it up knowing the national **** storm this would cause. Very sad day.

Or Sandusky knows some things about the people who covered it up.

What I can't understand is why they continued to protect this guy or not turn him in after he retired... unless there were a lot of people who covered it up knowing the national **** storm this would cause. Very sad day.

I don't get what they gained from protecting him? Who would've thought it reflected poorly on PSU if they just turned him in back in 02? Seems like no one down there had any common sense.

TPTB at Penn State knew what Sandusky was up to with these kids. At the very least, they had suspicions. Instead of dealing with this the right way, they let the guy "retire" and gave him keys to the facilities. Joe Pa's statement saying that essentially .."oh, he fooled us all" is complete nonsense. The only thing Joe Pa cares about is remaining the head coach at all costs. So I think he turned a blind eye to this like the rest of them. His ostrich act now is completely transparent. The moral and ethical failure of allowing this scum to victimize other children to protect the university and your place as it's prestigious football coach is mind boggling.

If Paterno wanted to save himself and his legacy, he should have spoke up and out against Sandusky back in 1998, when it was clear that PSU knew that Sandusky was being investigated. He did it to himself, and many other children were hurt because of his silence. At this point he's trying to sweep an elephant under the rug. I don't see how he can escape this one in the court of public opinion. He's toast.

If Paterno wanted to save himself and his legacy, he should have spoke up and out against Sandusky back in 1998, when it was clear that PSU knew that Sandusky was being investigated. He did it to himself, and many other children were hurt because of it. At this point he's trying to sweep an elephant under the rug. I don't see how he can escape this one in the court of public opinion. He's toast.

You're absolutely right. There is no escaping this. Paterno's actions(0r lack of) are indefensible. I would like to see him step down or be fired immediately. But he's a stubborn old fool who probably doesn't see his own fault in this situation.

Reading the grand jury report is just mind blowing. Just the '02 incident alone... 28 year old GA watches child rape and calls his father instead of either (a) stopping it, or (b) calling the cops... talks to JoePa the next morning... who then talks to the AD the next day (now we're 48 hours after the GA witnessed child rape)... who then talks to the GA nearly TWO weeks later... And of course nothing was done other than tell Sandusky he can't bring kids to campus anymore. I gather this means that PSU determined it was OK if an emeritus raped kids, just not on campus.

ing disgusting.

How could that be? The graduate assistant who went to Paterno in 2002 must have told him enough that he should have been on the phone too. That GA and his father could take down Paterno (unless of course they have been coerced into playing along to save JoePa's ass).

they reported it to higher ups which is ok by pa law. you're talking morals.