Watching the PA AG presser - Wow | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Watching the PA AG presser - Wow

Pete, the GA has built himself a nice little career in Happy Valley; he's remained on the staff ever since and is the current WR coach/recruiting coordinator. I think a lot of people played along and probably got ahead in return.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. He's going to have a real good story to tell when he gets called to the stand. He'll probably deep six the football program and get a sweet book deal out of it. The GJ report makes it sound like he was scarred for life when he walked in on the shower assault. Apparently it was nothing a few bucks couldn't make tolerable.

He disappeared several years ago and has never been found.

The worrisome part is that sometimes kids that are abused by adults at some point in their life commit suicide. While not a good alternative to that, a better alternative and one I hope happened vs. being dead is that he disappeared on purpose due to shame or something. Just a gut feel that whatever happened to this kid may have been the cause and effect from his being sexually abused.

The worrisome part is that sometimes kids that are abused by adults at some point in their life commit suicide. While not a good alternative to that, a better alternative and one I hope happened vs. being dead is that he disappeared on purpose due to shame or something. Just a gut feel that whatever happened to this kid may have been the cause and effect from his being sexually abused.
The DA not the victim.

The DA not the victim.

Damn, I misread that post. Well then, I will say instead since it was the DA, that someone had him bumped off.

How could that be? The graduate assistant who went to Paterno in 2002 must have told him enough that he should have been on the phone too. That GA and his father could take down Paterno (unless of course they have been coerced into playing along to save JoePa's ass).
Joe Pa made sure things would stay in house by hiring the graduate assistant as his WR coach and recruiting coordinator.

Joe Pa's claims that he did the right thing by reporting it to the AD is laughable. How about calling the police!!!!!

Even more bizarre was that after the 1998 incident, in which Sandusky admitted apologized to the mother of a child who he showered with, the DA decided not to press the issue. A few years later, he goes missing and was never found. Just recently he was declared dead.

Is this true? Jesus. I'm not doubting, but do you have link or know off hand where you read that?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bumped him off because he wasn't going to prosecute? Seems pretty unlikely that the two things have anything to do with each other. Here is a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

Hmm. His hard drive was removed and destroyed. Wonder what was on it. Did he have all the details but was paid off not to reveal them and later quilt got the best of him.

Has the WR coach been fired yet? How do you remain a recruiting coordinator, going into peoples homes askign them to send their son to your school when you've witness a child being raped and not only didn't stop it, but did not report it to the police either. If I'm a PSU player I'd drill the coach right in the face. Not sure if Joe even goes to practice anymore but how does the university allow him and the WR coach anywhere near the current players on the team?

Any details on his death?

Google "Ray Gricar". Who knows if the two things are related but it certainly is strange that he decided not to prosecute back in '98. Maybe the heat was too much for him with all the info he knew. He either (a) rocks the community by potentially bringing down the whole PSU program or (b) keeps quiet and a child molester goes free. Thats a brutal spot to be in. Who knows if his disappearance and assumed death has anything to do with anything but it certainly adds another layer to this mess.

Is this true? Jesus. I'm not doubting, but do you have link or know off hand where you read that?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I saw it on an episode of Investigation Discoveries Disappeared a few months ago.Don't have any links.

While many of the PSU fans are whacked out and trying to put ALL the blame on the GA, there are many who see it for what it is and want Paterno out and some have written the BOT claiming that PSU doesn't get another penny out of them until everyone is gone top to bottom.

Nice to see there is still some humanity left in the world, where some things actually come before college football.

I mean, there had to be rumors and assumptions. Grown men don't constantly room with boys. "Coach sure likes 12 year old boys...". Doesn't take a genius to sense something odd. Then he gets caught and instead of getting him some sort of help including prison, he is allowed to continue to prey on children. And use his charity and several aspects of Penn St. football to facilitate his crimes. And Joe Paterno isn't culpable? It's his program, his building, his guy.

He knew damn well Sandusky was f****d up and could have helped those kids. Instead he let it continue. Jesus, he let a child molester run a children's charity and bring victims to Penn St. events and facilities. He knew. He did nothing. And Sandusky was still around!!! "You can't bring kids to campus. Please molest elsewhere. But enjoy the use of the facilities and your office." stuff, they didn't even ban him from the campus or Penn State events!!! Just don't bring kids, ok Jerry?

And he probly worked football camps, etc. still. I mean if you played at PSU, worked there, went to functions, Sandusky may have interacted with your kids, been immersed in your family, trusted. How can they not call for the head of the man who let their own kids be exposed to a monster. I mean, holy stuff if this happened at 'Cuse. If you knew a head coach and administration allowed your kids to be exposed to a child molester? How could you feel the same about the program, the people, the university?

He knew. I have a feeling many "knew". But Paterno turned a blind eye. To raping children. This is really bad and gets worse the more you hear. This is devastating enough that some sick individual used his status at PSU to prey on children. To find out that it was sanctioned and enabled by the most respected man at PSU is disgraceful. If I'm an alum, ex-player, employee I'm demanding harsh consequences and total accountability. Way too many PSU fans are defending Paterno.

As part of his retirement package he had unlimited access to the football facilities and locker rooms. They are asking for others that may have more info to still come forward.

1998 Sandusky admitted inappropriate touching of a minor...yet nothing happened. No police called.

2000 A janitor witnessed it in a locker room. No police called.

PSU swept everything under the carpet.

Joe Pa knew nothing?

They did a detailed investigation after the 1998 incident in which Sandusky apparently admitted touching a minor inappropriately after his mother complained to the AD. Where is the report from that investigation ? What was done after it's conclusion ? Who saw it ?

When that thing comes out the lid willblow off.

This is not going to turn out well for PSU and the Mean Old Man.

Bumped him off because he wasn't going to prosecute? Seems pretty unlikely that the two things have anything to do with each other. Here is a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/25/case-of-missing-pa-district-attorney-ray-gricar-baffles-police/

Wow. He had info on his hard drive that he obviously didn't want anyone to find out. I am guessing that it was a suicide but wonder what was on that hard drive and if there is any relation to Sandusky's acts.

Wow. He had info on his hard drive that he obviously didn't want anyone to find out. I am guessing that it was a suicide but wonder what was on that hard drive and if there is any relation to Sandusky's acts.

He also had searches on his home computer of "how to erase a hard drive", "how to destroy a hard drive", things of that nature. There was info on that hard drive that he obviously didn't want to see the light of day. Whether its related to the Sandusky fiasco, who knows for sure, but interesting nonetheless.

Situations like this is what happens when institutions are protected at the expense of people. That goes for both the institution of Penn State, and the institution of Joe Paterno.

No doubt the GA deserves scorn. My comment on the fans was that they place all the blame on him as in if he had gone to the cops Paterno wouldn't be under ridicule.
To me, this damns the whole PSU program.

Think about it--a man witnesses a violent and obviously criminal act, and what does he do? Attempt to intervene? Call the police? No, he reports it to his supervisor. Which means that the witness (not to mention all of those up the chain, who also did little or nothing) thought the institution (PSU football) was more important than the law or the life of the victim. So, the ultimate blame goes to the man who created the structure and those who enabled him over the decades.

Paterno said "He fooled us and alot of the professionals in the field". Errr...Joe, the professionals in the field were never called in.

WOW!

Joe PA's legend is done. He'll be severely tarnished by all of this. You almost wonder if all this is coming to light b/c people just want Joe PA out.

He also had searches on his home computer of "how to erase a hard drive", "how to destroy a hard drive", things of that nature. There was info on that hard drive that he obviously didn't want to see the light of day. Whether its related to the Sandusky fiasco, who knows for sure, but interesting nonetheless.

The DA's brother died in a very similar circumstance about 10 years prior in Ohio. As was the case with the DA, his brother's car was found in a parking lot near a bridge over a river. A very strange case.

I don't understand how this has been kept under wraps for so long? Sounds like it was fairly obvious to some that something right wasn't going on.

I guess if the staff never changed and they all swept it under the rug that's one thing but coaches leave all the time, how does no one spill it after they have moved on?

All for what - football games?!?

I have a seven year old son and will need to have a conversation with him about sick people in this world I guess sooner than I thought I would - its a shame, kids don't understand Crap like this, how do you even breach the subject?

The DA's brother died in a very similar circumstance about 10 years prior in Ohio. As was the case with the DA, his brother's car was found in a parking lot near a bridge over a river. A very strange case.

Holy shite that is bizzare. Definately sounds like organized crime. Oh wait....