Watching the PA AG presser - Wow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching the PA AG presser - Wow

As part of his retirement package he had unlimited access to the football facilities and locker rooms. They are asking for others that may have more info to still come forward.

1998 Sandusky admitted inappropriate touching of a minor...yet nothing happened. No police called.

2000 A janitor witnessed it in a locker room. No police called.

PSU swept everything under the carpet.

Joe Pa knew nothing?
they should get the SMU death penalty times a million

we'll see how the ncaa feels about molestation of minors vs paying adults under the table

The grand jury report was more disturbing than anything in the Saw or Human Centipede movies.

Is there anything the NCAA can do about this? This is so beyond the realm of anything that is acceptable.

Institutionalized child abuse at a major university.

This is obscene.

This really isn't an NCAA matter, they should steer clear. It is pretty clearly a criminal matter that goes well beyond athletics. PA law enforcement authorities should be given the opportunity to handle it, and if they can't bring themselves to handle it properly then Federal Authorities should be brought in.

I don't get what they gained from protecting him? Who would've thought it reflected poorly on PSU if they just turned him in back in 02? Seems like no one down there had any common sense.

How about turning him in and firing him back in 1998 if not sooner.

How about turning him in and firing him back in 1998 if not sooner.

True. Forgot about the 1998 incident.

I wonder if anyone, at any point, asked "Hey Jerry, why are you rooming with 12 year olds when we go to bowls every year? Where's your wife dude?"

they reported it to higher ups which is ok by pa law. you're talking morals.

Yeah, I know. Who cares about those? ;) But I think that's why Paterno won't survive this. Regardless of any deal or law that protects him from the prosecutors, he will be crucified in the court of public opinion because telling your superior and then simply ignoring it from there does not cut it.

While many of the PSU fans are whacked out and trying to put ALL the blame on the GA, there are many who see it for what it is and want Paterno out and some have written the BOT claiming that PSU doesn't get another penny out of them until everyone is gone top to bottom.

Yeah, I know. Who cares about those? ;) But I think that's why Paterno won't survive this. Regardless of any deal or law that protects him from the prosecutors, he will be crucified in the court of public opinion because telling your superior and then simply ignoring it from there does not cut it.

No doubt he will be crucified by the court of public opinion. He may even eventually get crucified legally also. It's just at this point in time the AG doesn't have anything legal on him. They might eventually as more and more people talk and come forward.

While many of the PSU fans are whacked out and trying to put ALL the blame on the GA, there are many who see it for what it is and want Paterno out and some have written the BOT claiming that PSU doesn't get another penny out of them until everyone is gone top to bottom.

There have also been a ton (mostly alumni commenting on the stories in the NYT and ESPN and whatnot), talking about how they're refusing to donate money and ripping PSU decals off their cars. I don't think JoePa survives this. He probably "retires" at the end of the year.

They are blaming the GA?! Are you serious?! That is incredulous! Wow. I have no words. Penn State fans need a collective therapy session.

They are blaming the GA?! Are you serious?! That is incredulous! This poor college kid is probably scarred for life from what he saw in 2002 (not to mention that poor boy in the shower) and HE'S to blame for this mess?! Wow. I have no words. Penn State fans need a collective therapy session.

Well, the GA was something like 28. I can't fathom him seeing the act in progress and walking away and letting it continue. To be clear, that doesn't absolve JoePa one bit.

I found this in the comments under one of the ESPN articles. Let this one soak in.

dsansone1
Another article points out that the only follow up to the situation was having a "meeting" with the graduate student that witnessed the rape on school grounds. You may also notice that he is now the wide recievers coach and head of recruiting. One might even assume that he was promoted to these positions in exchange for his silence.
1 Hour Ago

That's a new wrinkle to the story.

Even more bizarre was that after the 1998 incident, in which Sandusky admitted apologized to the mother of a child who he showered with, the DA decided not to press the issue. A few years later, he goes missing and was never found. Just recently he was declared dead.

I found this in the comments under one of the ESPN articles. Let this one soak in.

dsansone1
Another article points out that the only follow up to the situation was having a "meeting" with the graduate student that witnessed the rape on school grounds. You may also notice that he is now the wide recievers coach and head of recruiting. One might even assume that he was promoted to these positions in exchange for his silence.
1 Hour Ago

That's a new wrinkle to the story.

No doubt there. If true, Mike McQueary's (GA) morals are lower than Madoff's.

That '98 incident is critical. The people who ignored the '02 incident knew about it. So when the '02 incident occurred that should have been that. Sandusky should have been turned in and subsequently jailed. That these scumbags gave him double-secret probation and let him prey upon kids for another 9 years is reprehensible.

BTW, that GA does deserve scorn. He was TWENTY-EIGHT years old when he saw a kid being raped in the shower. That he's still employed by PSU 9 years later is appalling in so many different ways.

Even more bizarre was that after the 1998 incident, in which Sandusky admitted apologized to the mother of a child who he showered with, the DA decided not to press the issue. A few years later, he goes missing and was never found. Just recently he was declared dead.

Any details on his death?

Who went missing? I must have missed that one.

That '98 incident is critical. The people who ignored the '02 incident knew about it. So when the '02 incident occurred that should have been that. Sandusky should have been turned in and subsequently jailed. That these scumbags gave him double-secret probation and let him prey upon kids for another 9 years is reprehensible.

BTW, that GA does deserve scorn. He was TWENTY-EIGHT years old when he saw a kid being raped in the shower. That he's still employed by PSU 9 years later is appalling in so many different ways.

No doubt the GA deserves scorn. My comment on the fans was that they place all the blame on him as in if he had gone to the cops Paterno wouldn't be under ridicule.

No doubt the GA deserves scorn. My comment on the fans was that they place all the blame on him as in if he had gone to the cops Paterno wouldn't be under ridicule.

Oh, I agree that placing sole blame on that particular scumbag is misplaced. There are lots of people who should rot because of their inaction.

Oh, I agree that placing sole blame on that particular scumbag is misplaced. There are lots of people who should rot because of their inaction.
Complete speculation here, but it seems that most of the people in the football program had to have heard about this at one point or the other. Whispers, etc...

He was 28? Wow. This story gets more bizarre by the day. I'd like to hear his explanation as to why he is still there at PSU and why he never had a problem with Sandusky still coming around the facilities.

He was 28? Wow. This story gets more bizarre by the day. I'd like to hear his explanation as to why he is still there at PSU and why he never had a problem with Sandusky still coming around the facilities.

I know, he was still there last week hanging out. How does he walk by him at the facilities unless he's giving a little wink and a nod as they pass. I don't know, if you see that, I can't fathom just hanging around the dude for 9 more years....

JoePa ordered the hit, but will they ever be able to pin it on him. Kidding of course
Thsi is really entering bizzaro world and could spell the end of Penn St. fball for quite a while.