Wayne Williams commits! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams commits!

Williams is 100%. I know, shock to no one here. But I spoke with him a few minutes ago. He didn't want to step Syracuse's toes by stating it before they did. But since Rivals and Scout both reported it, he was OK talking about it. He also talked about why he chose SU.

SU couldn't "announce" anything until he enrolled next January.

Williams is 100%. I know, shock to no one here. But I spoke with him a few minutes ago. He didn't want to step Syracuse's toes by stating it before they did. But since Rivals and Scout both reported it, he was OK talking about it. He also talked about why he chose SU.

http://www.nationoforange.com/content/orange-add-juco-dt-wayne-williams-445/
Keep doing your thing. It's cool to see how much your blog has improved since the start and the Twitter feed is a must-follow for Syracuse fans. Keep making those connections and keeping the 'ins' with recruits. Well done!

http://www.nationoforange.com/content/orange-add-juco-dt-wayne-williams-445/

Sounds great. The more NYC kids we bring in, the more they feel at home. Let's keep up the momentum. This is going to help with the Ishaq's down the road if we can build a year to year nucleus of NYC studs.

http://syracuse.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1187318.html

Sounds like not coming till the summer

Keep doing your thing. It's cool to see how much your blog has improved since the start and the Twitter feed is a must-follow for Syracuse fans. Keep making those connections and keeping the 'ins' with recruits. Well done!
I really appreciate that. The support from the people on this forum has been amazing. I meet new people every day because of the site. It's an absolute blast. I keep trying to provide the best info I can. Glad you enjoy it!

I really appreciate that. The support from the people on this forum has been amazing. I meet new people every day because of the site. It's an absolute blast. I keep trying to provide the best info I can. Glad you enjoy it!

yeah nice job. Did he say anything about helping to recruit Dek and Augustus?

yeah nice job. Did he say anything about helping to recruit Dek and Augustus?
No. I'm going to do a more in depth interview with him hopefully tomorrow and I'll ask. I was at work when he called me so I had to make it quick lol

The dude that committed all of those Atlanta Child murders? You people are sick!

Would WWilliams be better suited as an offensive lineman given his height, speed and weight?

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Wayne Williams on why he chose SU: "We're (NYC recruits) bringing the swagger back to SwaggerCuse"

Does it help we're flooding NYC trying to convince them that we are their college football team? Serious question. It can't hurt that the coaches are down there selling them on the idea that all the other colleges think NYC football sucks and Syracuse wants to win "something" with NY players. Then they see our signs at different spots around the city. I'm sure it can't hurt to engrain that mentality.

Does it help we're flooding NYC trying to convince them that we are their college football team? ... Then they see our signs at different spots around the city. I'm sure it can't hurt to engrain that mentality.
Just moving around the city, I constantly see 'Syracuse' product: hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I say the Syracuse "brand" is far more prevalent in the city than any other school. I do see a lot of Notre Dame, Penn State, and to a lesser degree, some Rutgers and St. John's gear but I still see a lot more SU merchandise in my travels.

Now let's be honest, that's probably more of a reflection on SU's large alumni base here and the b-ball/Lax programs' success more so than football, but in the end it all has to help in selling the 'Cuse to city kids. Branding SU as "NY's college team" was frankly a brilliant move and now you're starting to see the payoff.

Just moving around the city, I constantly see 'Syracuse' product: hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I say the Syracuse "brand" is far more prevalent in the city than any other school. I do see a lot of Notre Dame, Penn State, and to a lesser degree, some Rutgers and St. John's gear but I still see a lot more SU merchandise in my travels.

Now let's be honest, that's probably more of a reflection on SU's large alumni base here and the b-ball/Lax programs' success more so than football, but in the end it all has to help in selling the 'Cuse to city kids. Branding SU as "NY's college team" was frankly a brilliant move and now you're starting to see the payoff.
I had a meeting with someone yesterday and when I told them I had just graduated from SU they looked at me and said, "Damn, there are so many of you here." It's a huge alumni base in NYC and branding SU here is absolutely paying off.

Any chance he redshirts? He's got 3 to play 2.

Wondering why he can't take the shirt for last season and have 3 to play 3 since he was only able to play 3 games due to injury. Does that rule not apply for JUCOs?

Out of ~78,000 NYS Syracuse alumni, ~45,000 are in NYC or the surrounding areas, and that doesn't count Northern Jersey or Fairfield County.

Wondering why he can't take the shirt for last season and have 3 to play 3 since he was only able to play 3 games due to injury. Does that rule not apply for JUCOs?
If it was the first 3 games he played in then missed the rest of the season it would seem that he may have a case. I guess it depends on how many games they played last season because I think it falls under that percentage rule 30 or 33% whatever that number is.

That kid oozes swagger after reading that article. If he is even half as good as he thinks he is, look out we just hit the jackpot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom