We are a projected bubble team yet again... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are a projected bubble team yet again...

Make Syracuse hoops Great Again!!
We are on pace for 4 medicore regular seasons in a row.
Build the Dome revocation and make Syracuse hoops great again. And who is going to pay for the Dome? The taxpayers will.

IF we get Ayala and Tucker, I actually really like that team.

If we don't, Battle will have to become Tyus Jordan to get us to the tournament.

You mean Michael Jordan?

I would KILL for 8ppg from Chukwu. Heck, 4 or 5 would work. If Sidibe gets stronger and picks up the defense quickly then perhaps he starts. I could see him becoming a Boucher type from Oregon. Chukwu I am not counting on, however.

Getting Tucker is really important. Another shooting threat as mentioned above. If Frank can just be serviceable (assuming he stays) then that would be big for stability at that position. Hopefully Howard Washington's learning curve is fast if Frank does fail otherwise we are counting on more of those combo types (if Ayala or Duarte come) to handle the rock which I am getting tired of depending on.

I still see a bubble team as the ceiling even if Tyus is really good and Frank is ok. Too many raw types at the 4/5 and too many young guards. We have potentially limited outside shooting and not a lot of scoring in the paint. A bad mix and the scheme on offensive isn't creative enough to overcome that. Who knows what will happen moving forward as the roster is obviously not close to being settled yet. I just hope the staff knows what they're doing.
Really, all it takes is two serviceable go-to moves for a 7'2" guy. He doesn't even need to be that athletic to pull it off. (1) hook shot and (2) fake hook to a duck under. One hour of pf these two per day for the next 6 months and 8 ppg is easy.

Or he could just spend that hour each day on Kareem's sky hook and make millions starting in two years.

Well, we haven't learned over the past 3-5 years. We continue to put ourselves in situations where our point guards are allotted a fraction of the time necessary to develop properly, and we assume they're "busts" if they can't do so. I wish Kaleb a BJ Johnson like season over at..Creighton? next year.
I think the coaches know very well that there are roster limitations due to the NCAA sanctions.

This board cracks me up. We were destined for greatness after adding TT, White, Battle, PC, and Gillon this past season. Now, we're doomed. The season just ended, but we may be lucky to be 8th in the ACC. Alrighty then. Might as well just skip the season.

This board cracks me up. We were destined for greatness after adding TT, White, Battle, PC, and Gillon this past season. Now, we're doomed. The season just ended, but we may be lucky to be 8th in the ACC. Alrighty then. Might as well just skip the season.

We were doomed after Malachi left, and then the pieces fell into place nicely for us. If we landed another recruit, got a couple of grad transfers, and who knows Lydon decided to come back, we could be back in business, right now we have some serious work to do.

We were doomed after Malachi left, and then the pieces fell into place nicely for us. If we landed another recruit, got a couple of grad transfers, and who knows Lydon decided to come back, we could be back in business, right now we have some serious work to do.
Why not let it play out then? Who cares what someone on ESPN says the day after the tournament? If anything, last year's offseason should give people some confidence heading into this offseason.

Fair enough. The last 3 regular seasons have been miserable. Just pointing out that we are projected for another one of those seasons without a serious upgrade in talent.

Fair enough. The last 3 regular seasons have been miserable. Just pointing out that we are projected for another one of those seasons without a serious upgrade in talent.
I actually enjoyed this season after JB made the switch to Gillon at PG. Some great wins and great performances and it was a treat watching them develop into a tournament team. And they were a tournament team on Selection Sunday whether the NCAA wanted to admit it or not.

Yeah it's sucks going to the final four lol

Food for thought. The old Boeheim narrative is that he does his best with team with low expectations. Certainly proved true this year. Next year will be the opposite with expectations.

We beat a 7, 15 and an 11 seed to get to Va. Stop... We're mediocre and have been for 3 years.

Lol I will take "mediocre" final fours all day. Mediocre second half comebacks. Mediocre nba draft catapulting performances.

We can only play who they put in front of us.

And we beat Virginia. 1 seed, if I recall.

We did, and it was amazing, loved the tournament last year. But do you think putting out regular seasons the way we have been isn't the way to go.

Lol I will take "mediocre" final fours all day. Mediocre second half comebacks. Mediocre nba draft catapulting performances.

Not the ticket to sustained success.

This same discussion took place in a thread weeks ago. Great regular season vs. Final Four. Give me the FF every single time.

We need to make lemonade on this. Syracuse is America's bubble team.