We are better than I expected | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are better than I expected

I'm just glad a lot of guys got to play and gain experience. This is a lost year so just play everyone, especially those who will be back next year.
I am not bashing you at all and I respect your comment.

But, is this REALLY where we are at right now? We are to the point of being glad that some of our guys got experience?? That’s the takeaways?? When that is your takeaway you have officially become a mediocre program.

We are a mediocre program and have been now for about 5-7 years give or take.

But, is this REALLY where we are at right now? We are to the point of being glad that some of our guys got experience?? That’s the takeaways?? When that is your takeaway you have officially become a mediocre program.

You are overly generous to say we are mediocre. I am a realist and so I see nothing good other than guys being able to play and prepare for next year. There are times when these young guys of ours are competing and fighting (the first half of last night's game) which will eventually produce a few wins but not enough to make the tournament.

Realistically, this is REALLY where we are right now and we've been heading in this down direction for a while now. Yes, it is pathetic and why Boeheim should have been relieved of his duties or given a strict deadline to retire. We have lost so many top tier recruits over the past few years because of a lack of direction and the unknown timeline of coach's retirement.

S

Yea . This is where we are. We aren’t the hunky Tri-sport high school captain anymore

We are now the unemployable, overweight, Middle Aged version of that guy

S

Yea . This is where we are. We aren’t the hunky Tri-sport high school captain anymore

We are now the unemployable, overweight, Middle Aged version of that guy
740full-just-friends-screenshot.jpg

Remember when MCW couldn’t even get on the court lol
MCW said it was the best thing in the Devo podcast for his development. He said he got to watch, learn from JB the situations that the starters did right, did wrong and missed opportunities. He said it was tough sitting but he was really ready when he did play and he learned so much from watching and playing them hard in practice. Always wondered how Kaleb Joseph etc would have benefitted from a year watching, sitting behind Ennis instead of being thrown into the fire as a freshman, losing confidence and dealing with the pressure and high expectations.

Hand on the bible, at the start of the year, I thought it was possible that we could have as little as 7 wins this year. That is why I was encouraged after the two games in NY. I might have been low on the 7 wins but I think this is bad. Real bad. It hurts. I love Syracuse and Syracuse hoop.

Hand on the bible, at the start of the year, I thought it was possible that we could have as little as 7 wins this year. That is why I was encouraged after the two games in NY. I might have been low on the 7 wins but I think this is bad. Real bad. It hurts. I love Syracuse and Syracuse hoop.

I dunno Dash- after what we've seen of Joe the past 3 games and the regression of the team as a whole after NY, 7 could still be the outcome. It can spiral in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom