We are going to be favored... | Syracusefan.com

We are going to be favored...

Agree. According to ESPN we are the favorite until going to Cameron to face Duke. Hopefully no upsets. We know Georgetown and Buffalo have SU games circled on their calendars. And ESPN has the ND game basically a tossup.

We have looked terrible 3/3 games vs Georgetown since leaving the BE I just want to play well against them and smoke them. If we do that we'll be in good shape. Remember Georgetown has been terrible the last few years playing poorly vs them is unacceptable.

Our defense was elite last night. We didn't miss Frank in NYC for his offense we missed how good he is at the top of the zone.
The defense will win us these games look at Ohio State's shooting percentages from last night. Combined with the fact we shot over 40% from 3 pt range was the difference.
Our offensive wasn't good last night. We made shots in the second half and that is how we pulled away as the defense locked down Ohio State's offense. If the ball gets in the middle when we are on offense the shot we get is always a better but when the ball goes east to west it becomes hero ball.
Marek is our best offensive player. Not because he is the best shooter but because he moves without the ball, tries to post, and when he gets the ball looks to get the open person a chance to score.
We really need Sidibe to develop just a minor offensive game against P5 level competition.
Also Hughes was special in that 5 minute stretch making shots. He can definitely be a good 2nd/3rd option over the course of the season and when he is hot like last night be the leading scorer.

bottom line have to run the table in the non conference. the ACC is going to be brutal

Our defense was elite last night. We didn't miss Frank in NYC for his offense we missed how good he is at the top of the zone.
The defense will win us these games look at Ohio State's shooting percentages from last night. Combined with the fact we shot over 40% from 3 pt range was the difference.
Our offensive wasn't good last night. We made shots in the second half and that is how we pulled away as the defense locked down Ohio State's offense. If the ball gets in the middle when we are on offense the shot we get is always a better but when the ball goes east to west it becomes hero ball.
Marek is our best offensive player. Not because he is the best shooter but because he moves without the ball, tries to post, and when he gets the ball looks to get the open person a chance to score.
We really need Sidibe to develop just a minor offensive game against P5 level competition.
Also Hughes was special in that 5 minute stretch making shots. He can definitely be a good 2nd/3rd option over the course of the season and when he is hot like last night be the leading scorer.

To me Hughes is closer to Option 1. We haven't had a guy like that who can A) credibly shot fake an nba 3 and B) drive if they actually fall for it. I guess Battle is capable of that too but he's like 4th all-time in long 2's.

Agreed. Buffalo will be ready to play. Probably a bit chippy too.

Very chippy. Buffalo’s more like old uconn, than uconn is imo.

Absolutely invaluable experience heading into conference play.

Unfortunately when Chukwu is in the game passing to the post is impossible. I agree with your comments on Sidibe and Marek. I had to laugh last night when Marek was defending Kaleb Wesson in the post. Felt sorry for him. Outweighed by 90 pounds!! No matter how much heart you have you can't overcome that disadvantage.

The league is down. Miami lost to Rutgers. Clemson to Nebraska. VPI to Penn State. UNC is not the same and we get most of the good teams at home. Outside of Duke being better every other team seems worse or the same.
Exactly. Starting to tire of these "the ACC is brutal" takes - I mean, yeah, this conference is always tough regardless of the year, but this year it is, outside the obvious top 3, definitely down relative to other years - and you could even argue that both unc and uva are both somewhat down compared to last few years

Exactly. Starting to tire of these "the ACC is brutal" takes - I mean, yeah, this conference is always tough regardless of the year, but this year it is, outside the obvious top 3, definitely down relative to other years - and you could even argue that both unc and uva are both somewhat down compared to last few years

It’s tough as in there are no gimmes and we can drop a game to Pitt or lose again to ND at home minus their two best players. But it’s always been like that even the 25-0 year a terrible BC team won in the a Dome.

UVA is a better regular season team than us I’ll give them that but what happens to them come March.

This years Duke team might be the basketball version of 2001 Miami football they might not win it all like 2015 did but those Duke players disappointed in the NBA this years Duke squad will have much better NBA careers than that team. They might have 5 very good NBA players and multiple stars.

After those two we might be the best ACC team. I don’t think FSU or UNC are better. We might be the only team who can beat UVA and Duke as well the two of them aren’t losing many ACC games.

Unfortunately when Chukwu is in the game passing to the post is impossible. I agree with your comments on Sidibe and Marek. I had to laugh last night when Marek was defending Kaleb Wesson in the post. Felt sorry for him. Outweighed by 90 pounds!! No matter how much heart you have you can't overcome that disadvantage.
How the hell was that a double foul. It was like Schwarnagger playing twiggy they lock arms and twiggy looks like she’s gonna break like a stale pretzel.

Play 1, ONE, good game and suddenly every thing is rosey! Please wait until some consistencey is shown by this team. Lets wait until the offense shows they can get it done, score both inside and out. Shooting about 50% from the 3 to win by 10 is not how SU needs to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom