We are now appearing on Bracketmatrix | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We are now appearing on Bracketmatrix

I have started actually looking at the bubble now that we are going to be on it.
I don’t get why Michigan is in the tournament in everyone’s projections.
They are 11-8 right now.
Their resume is basically they won the Battle for 4 Atlantis and are only Gonzaga’s only loss.

They are 1-5 in their last 6 Big Ten games and are trending down.
I don’t think they are going to make it.
The Big Ten is totally riding perception right now.
Outside of Michigan State it’s just a bunch of decent to overrrated teams.

Give me a break if Minnesota is in a swell.

I have started actually looking at the bubble now that we are going to be on it.
They are 11-8 right now.
Their resume is basically they won the Battle for 4 Atlantis and are only Gonzaga’s only loss.

They're #35 in the NET Rankings, with 7 of their 8 losses to Quad 1 opponents and an overall SOS rating of 28. And KenPom has them at 30th. They're squarely on the bubble - but in danger of playing their way out of the tournament (especially with the announcement of Zavier Simpson's suspension for violating team rules).

They are 11-8 right now.

Speaking of big name coaches besides Juwan struggling, Penny and Memphis have managed to lose 4 of their last 6 including by 40 points to Tulsa.

The last loss did hurt our as of now status... only 1 of the 30 brackets after last game had us in.

As I said before, we needed to go 1-1 this week to at least retain our status. And if that 1 is Duke, we are ahead of where we were at the beginning of the week.

That being if we lose to Duke, we are not done. Similar to what we did to get into position, we will need to have a nice run again on road courts.

Comparing us to Michigan is like comparing apples to oranges. They’re in unless they basically finish in last. We probably need 4th in the ACC but if we get that we are in too. Saturday is huge because we don’t have a scalp. Once we do we can focus on league record.

[
The last loss did hurt our as of now status... only 1 of the 30 brackets after last game had us in.

As I said before, we needed to go 1-1 this week to at least retain our status. And if that 1 is Duke, we are ahead of where we were at the beginning of the week.

That being if we lose to Duke, we are not done. Similar to what we did to get into position, we will need to have a nice run again on road courts.
Agreed. And I’m sure people don’t want to hear this, but if we lose to Duke, our next 2 home games are absolute must wins.

A Duke loss followed by a Wake win and an NC State loss puts us at 7-6 in the conference with road games at FSU and Ville. If we end up 7-8 (0-3 vs the big 3) we are in serious trouble.

If we go 2-0 on the Wake/NC state swing and 1-2 vs the big boys we’d be 9-6 with a favorable stretch coming up and a top 20 win our back pocket.

Duke itself isn’t a must win, but if we drop that one the Wake/NC state games then stealing 1 on the road between FSU/Ville becomes paramount

Comparing us to Michigan is like comparing apples to oranges. They’re in unless they basically finish in last. We probably need 4th in the ACC but if we get that we are in too. Saturday is huge because we don’t have a scalp. Once we do we can focus on league record.
No. Michigan got an important win at Nebraska before that they were 1-5 in their last 6 games.
Winning the Battle for Atlantis was their resume.
They lost to Louisville and Oregon.
Their resume is they beat Gonzaga.
North Carolina and Iowa State aren’t tournament wins.

Michigan is all hype.

No. Michigan got an important win at Nebraska before that they were 1-5 in their last 6 games.

Michigan is all hype.
I believe the last 10 criteria is no longer used. Gonzaga is a huge win for a bubble team. Also, Isaiah Livers has been hurt. I’m not sure how long he’s out, but Michigan is 8-4 with him with wins over Gonzaga, Creighton, Iowa State and UNC (with Anthony). He played 20 minutes in their recent 2pt loss to Illinois but missed the following game. If he’s healthy I think the committee will take into consideration that they were 3-4 without him

Also not sure why you never mention the Creighton win, they’re #29 in KenPom

Michigan is all hype.
Wasn't our resume one year winning Atlantis?

It "feels" like we need this one - whatever that's worth, lol, just to have the notable name on our resume. I suppose if we lost and keep winning and pull out a couple others, we may be okay, but it just seems it would be infinitely easier having a marquee win like Duke right now. At least I'd sleep a bit better moving forward with it. :)

If we beat Duke and either FSU or Louisville, what else do we need to do to be in?

Michigan is all hype.

Louisville and Oregon are fat and away better than our losses. Iowa St stinks but is still better than Okie St. We need 4th. Michigan probably just needs to find 7/8 conference wins.

Neither of us will get left out for a team that’s below .500 in their conference and has one less loss from playing cupcakes only early.

We really need to root for the teams around us to lose. If a bunch of teams are tied for 5th at 11-9 and we are 12-8 were in.

If we beat Duke and either FSU or Louisville, what else do we need to do to be in?
We’d most likely only need 4 more wins other than those 2. Combining those 4 wins with avoiding the bad loss, it’d be this:

Win: Duke, @Louisville, Wake, GaTech, @BC, @ Miami
Losses: @FSU, NC State, @Pitt, UNC

But honestly if we go 2-1 vs the big boys, as long as we go 4-3 in the other games it doesn’t matter a whole lot who we beat. Beating BC would be ideal because their metrics are a lot worse than the rest of the ACC

Louisville and Oregon are fat and away better than our losses. Iowa St stinks but is still better than Okie St. We need 4th. Michigan probably just needs to find 7/8 conference wins.

Neither of us will get left out for a team that’s below .500 in their conference and has one less loss from playing cupcakes only early.

We really need to root for the teams around us to lose. If a bunch of teams are tied for 5th at 11-9 and we are 12-8 were in.
We need wins period.
I am not saying we are tournament team.
I am just saying Michigan is nowhere close to a lock.
They needed that Nebraska win to be on the right side of the bubble.
They are 3-6 in conference play. 12-8 overall.
Their aren’t close to a lock.

an NC State loss

NC State is just the Kimmy Gibbler of college sports programs, in both football and basketball. They annoy me to death and always seem to have our number.

Lunardi’s update this morning has us in his Next Four Out group. He also has 12 out of the 14 Big 10 teams IN - including 11-10 Minnesota and Purdue. Win tonight and we should hopefully start getting a little more love in these projections. And again, Lunardi sucks.

Lunardi’s update this morning has us in his Next Four Out group. He also has 12 out of the 14 Big 10 teams IN - including 11-10 Minnesota and Purdue. Win tonight and we should hopefully start getting a little more love in these projections. And again, Lunardi sucks.

oh no the kiss of death

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom