We aren’t that far off | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We aren’t that far off

Listen, it’s obvious our offense was atrocious the first 2 games. There’s no denying that but I also don’t think the sky is falling. Yes, I think it’s hard to defend Dino in year 5 that this is the offense he runs out onto the field. But we have to remember we had no spring ball, fall camp was limited, we had our top 2 running backs opt out and our oline is full of injuries. How ever I don’t excuse Dino for the poor performance, he gets paid the big bucks to make us win. With that being said our defense and special teams, minus kickoffs have been great. To me there are 3 things that are keeping this team from being really, really good and they can all be fixed, most likely next year.

1) The oline has been terrible. If our oline was at least decent it would help the running game and help take some pressure off Tommy and the pass game. It would also help Tommy and give him the pocket he needs and the time he needs. A good oline goes a long way and our oline has been terrible. Luckily, with the last 2 classes it looks like help is on the way.

2) play calling, there is no denying the play calling bas been abysmal. Head scratching to say the least. Dino and Sterling NEED to get better at this. They just need too

3) the QB situation, I hate to say it and I don’t think it’s all Tommy’s fault but I’m starting to come around to the fact that he’s not very good. Hopefully one of the freshman this year develop, maybe we get a grad transfer for a year but we need a better QB. I wish we had a dual threat because it seems this offense is best with a dual threat.

That being said. I think our defense and special teams have been phenomenal. The 3 things holding us back, Oline, play calling and our QB can all be fixed. Granted it probably won’t be until next year. But if everything else stays at least the same next year and we can improve those 3 things to be AT LEAST average for next year. I think we win 8 games. Now let’s see if Dino and company are capable of doing that

I gave you a like but you ARE far off. Rewatch the game, this offense and its approach is broken. It starts with the prep and the play calling. The play calling screams the staff has no confidence in these qbs and wrs. The OL has done ok, good enough, better than 170 total yards. TD has zero pocket presence and awareness and the routes are short and vanilla. Running JJ on 3-5 read options between the tackles was telling and could be useful if we ever looked downfield. The middle of the field is ignored and we honestly ran 3 or 4 different route combos. Pathetic.

Last year starting the season with 2 roadies hurt. Offense couldn’t get a dome game to get in rhythm. Same thing despite no fans.

These were covid roadies and had no influence, come on.

`
I noticed you didn’t grade the offense...just wondering why... :rolleyes:
There is some real potential pieces on offense. It would not be fair to rate them because they have not been but in a position to succeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom