We better enjoy Waiters this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We better enjoy Waiters this year

i could see them liking him because the role he is playing right now is probably exactly what he would be good at in the nba...an energy guy off the bench who can handle the rock and score.

i could see them liking him because the role he is playing right now is probably exactly what he would be good at in the nba...an energy guy off the bench who can handle the rock and score.
I certainly agree with that, but I don't think you use a lottery pick or pay lottery money for a bench scorer. still seems to me that he fits the profile of someone getting picked in the 20s or 30s

on the other hand, teams that are in the lottery are there because they don't always make the best decisions about money and talent, so . . .

You can remind him of Flynn, then he can remind you that he's 6'3, not 5'10.

I don't get Syracuse fans saying he should go.Are you kidding me?An education is 100 times better than the NBA.And once they go to the NbA, personally i lost all interest.I am a college/SU fan. I have not watched One NBA/NFL/HOCKEY/DON,T EVEN GET ME GOING ON THE MOST BORING GAME EVER INVENTED(BASEBALL-SNOOZEBALL) in years now.I am so sick of guys making millions and holding out for millions more to PLAY A GAME.F@@@ THE PROS!!!!! STAY IN COLLEGE AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!

In retrospect (to use the most recent example of an SU player facing the stay-or-NBA decision) Jonny's value went through the roof after his 6-OT heroics. If Dion has something approaching that in the postseason this year, his NBA stock will also skyrocket and he'll have no real choice but to take the money. If he just keeps on as he is now, with no real "event" at the end of the season, he'll have a tough choice to make. Will probably come down to who's in his ear and what advice he actually listens to.

Will probably come down to who's in his ear and what advice he actually listens to.

Which is why it always seems like guys are more aggressive in going pro than they "should" be. Easy for some an agent or someone like that to tell a guy to go pro.

If i was completely unobjective and
not the selfish subjective fan that I am, my advice to Dion would depend upon what's best for him and his family.

If there is a multimillion dollar deal out there for him after this year, as his friend, I would probably advise him to take it. You just never know if he would get the chance again. Also as someone said, it would depend upon his student status as well.

He can always take a peek and see what the interest is before making a decision.

I don't see him being a lottery pick unless, as some havc said, he goes crazy in the BE and NCAA tournament. There are several very good players who will be coming out this year.

Dion is GONE unless he implodes the rest of the year. You can take that to the bank. We will have no more Philly guards next year.

I think Chad Ford is one of the best writers at ESPN and he has always had excellent sources, so I definitely believe him . . . but I am surprised. There is no doubt that Dion is a physical mismatch for most college guards, but once the NBA gets him in their combines and workout sessions and see that he is small for a 2 and has poor form on his jumper, he is going to have to show playmaker skills or his projected draft position could really slide.

Hes gonna be a 1 at the next level, he needs the ball in his hands.

If he leaves without a degree.THEN HE IS AN IDIOT!As is any college SPORTS PLAYER!!!Get a dam degree and be proud.OR DON'T AND NOT BE ABLE TO TALK IN ENGLISH THAT PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND!!!!

If he leaves without a degree.THEN HE IS AN IDIOT!As is any college SPORTS PLAYER!!!Get a dam degree and be proud.OR DON'T AND NOT BE ABLE TO TALK IN ENGLISH THAT PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND!!!!

I'm not saying having a degree isn't a good thing (I have bachelors and masters), but you do realize there are a ton of people out there with degrees right now unable to find jobs with said degrees? Having a college degree isn't quite what it used to be in this country.

Nor is quitting school in the 2nd year and going to the NBA.Then blowing out ur knee and being useless to the NBA and having no degree.

By all means Dion leave early blow out a knee in ur 1st year and good luck getting a job as a 3rd year college dropout.And that goes for ANY MORON chasing the money.America really is going down the tubes.

By all means Dion leave early blow out a knee in ur 1st year and good luck getting a job as a 3rd year college dropout.And that goes for ANY MORON chasing the money.America really is going down the tubes.

Thank you for your coherent, well-reasoned take.

Nor is quitting school in the 2nd year and going to the NBA.Then blowing out ur knee and being useless to the NBA and having no degree.
because, you know, it would be impossible for him to take his millions and go back to school to complete his degree

AH WELL. ONE BLOWN KNEE AWAY FROM HAVING NOTHING,ZILCH,NADA,ZERO.OR U COULD HAVE A 4 YEAR COLLEGE EDUCATION. STUPID,STUPID,STUPID!!!!!

because, you know, it would be impossible for him to take his millions and go back to school to complete his degree
As i said, one blown knee as a rookie in the NBA pretty much makes a man useless = no millions.Blown knee + college dropout = no hundreds of thousands either.By all mean. All greedy people should take the easy way out.

You ever hear Melo try to talk? Does it really matter when he can pay others to speak for him?

As i said, one blown knee as a rookie in the NBA pretty much makes a man useless = no millions.Blown knee + college dropout = no hundreds of thousands either.By all mean. All greedy people should take the easy way out.
I guess you are unaware the first round picks have guaranteed deals.

Also hard to take this argument seriously when it seems pretty clear it's just because he wants Dion to play basketball for SU.

And the argument that one blown knee could ruin everything would be an argument to go and get paid ASAP.

I guess you are unaware the first round picks have guaranteed deals.
Good luck trying to live a whole life on it.First thing these kids buy is a overpriced car and house. Then they get hurt and they are finished.AH WELL.His life.